Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sportingnews: Calvin Johnson #1

Tay

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=184159

Click Link for Full Article

DRAFT BUZZ: The Raiders returned from the NFL Scouting Combine less convinced that Louisiana State QB JaMarcus Russell is their man for the top pick and with more questions than before after taking a long look at him during the process. Publicly, the Raiders said nothing about Russell or any of the other players who attended the Combine. Privately, several Raider officials questioned Russell's work ethic, said they are concerned about his weight as a long-term issue, and cautioned against making Russell a lead-pipe cinch as the top pick. It now appears just as likely that the Raiders will target Georgia Tech WR Calvin Johnson in light of his posting a 4.31-second 40-yard dash and saying all the right things during an interview.

Oakland must be dumber than they look. Unless they have some other full proof method of getting a QB they can't afford to take this guy, I don't care how good. Who in the world is going to throw him the football? I don't know about you guys but I'm convinced that Andrew Walter can't play, and unless they have some secret plan at QB that no one else knows about they certianly won't be able to get CJ the ball. They can't take Calvin, they just can't.

Oakland must be dumber than they look. Unless they have some other full proof method of getting a QB they can't afford to take this guy, I don't care how good. Who in the world is going to throw him the football? I don't know about you guys but I'm convinced that Andrew Walter can't play, and unless they have some secret plan at QB that no one else knows about they certianly won't be able to get CJ the ball. They can't take Calvin, they just can't.

To be honest with you, I'm shocked they haven't tried to trade for Matt Schaub.

Well when you're trying to rebuild you go BPA (with few exceptions). If they're not convinced of any of the top QB prospects, and they think Johnson is a sure, why not delay the QB question until next year? Or they can deal Moss and/or Porter for a up and coming QB (Schaub)

To be honest with you, I'm shocked they haven't tried to trade for Matt Schaub.

He's an RFA meaning a team will lose a 1st and 3rd pick. Even if they do try and trade for Schaub, Atlanta will settle for no less than a 1st rounder this year and 3rd this year/2nd rd next year.

They're scared of losing Vick obviously.

while their greatest need is QB, the raiders would be wise to draft the BPA (Johnson) and move Moss for a high draft pick or two. i don't think their are any QB's available worth the #1 pick... if they could work out a trade with ATL (say for their 2007 1st rounder, or another package that doesn't include this years pick) for Shaub they would be in decent shape. maybe they could give up a high pick aquired for Moss and this years 2nd for Shaub.... I bet ATL would take that. then they have a stud (ok, future stud) WR and an experienced, talented QB. while neither player fits the Raider mold, that is probably a good thing for this sorry franchise.

Archived