Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan Snyder, the pioneer

XtremeFan55

Wait, is this a serious statement?

:laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :doh::doh::doh::doh:

Yeah, I thought that was sarcasm at first but he appears to be serious.

Ok, what I am about to say I mean quite literally and I say it with absolutely no exaggeration or hyperbole... probably the dumbest statement ever uttered in the history of forever.

Better to go 0-16 every year trying to build a GREAT team through Free Agency than to go 19-0 and win the Super Bowl every year by building a mediocre team through the draft (ie.. the New England Patriots).

Not to pile on but WOW. That was funny Thanks Mass_SkinsDan, I haven't laughed that hard in well forever.

You are complimenting Snyder for facilitating the most colossally idiotic management of a franchise that, in less than a decade, has turned a once-proud franchise into a joke?

He is an idiot. He has been a laughing stock of the league and has actually harmed the franchise and the league by his feckless gaming of the salary cap. That he gets compliments from fans of this team blows my mind.

I Agree,This is how I feel about Snyder....:moon:

:laugh: at all this talk that Snyder turned this team into a joke.

Hello, 1990s calling.. remember me? In the words of old Norv, yeah, we "competed real hard", but we turned into a joke THEN.

Ah, who can forget the proud day we drafted Heath Shuler, only to have him bust in a million pieces in less than a year...

Let's harken back to the glorious days of yester-year when we spent another top five pick on Michael Westbrook, who promptly went to practice and beat up a teammate and then spent most of his entire career on IR.

Oh hallelujah, let's not forget the great feelings we got watching Norv snatch defeat from the jaws of victory time and time again.

I get chills when I think of the spectacular drafts of Charley Casserly, like the time he spent a top ten pick on Penn State offensive lineman Andre Johnson, a man so awesome in his ineptitude he never ever played a regular season game

I remember the glory of bringing in tired old Cowboys retreads like James Washington and Mark Stepnoski.. watching them take the money and go to sleep.

I remember it being SO GOOD in fact, that perpetual homer Sonny Jurgensen likened Redskins Park to Club Med, no discipline, no accountability, and no desire.

Based on the last 15 years, here's your options.

Dan, who tries, even if his efforts are misguided, or Kid Cooke, who did absolutely nothing and allowed this team to become the laughing stock that they became.

I know a lot of you think Snyder is the devil incarnate, and he's responsible for every problem there has ever been, right on down to that zit you got in high school before your big date. I'm not making any excuses for the guy, but good grief, is it too much to ask that we simply remember facts?

~Bang

Bang, I have not forgotten all the things you mentioned, but that has little to do with the present. The thing is, man, it hasn't been just two or three years with Snyder. We're looking at EIGHT YEARS. EIGHT YEARS. And what have we got? Ticket increases totalling nearly 50% in the lower bowl, TV commercials at obtrusive volume levels forced upon us, two of the eight stadium gates closed to the general public while simultaneously adding nearly 13,000 seats, conventional upgrades from upper to lower decks have disappeared, that whole credit card fiasco, that whole OV seat fiasco, an FU fee added to all new season ticket invoices, parking fees increased at over 50%, record breaking team profits (more than twice that of any other NFL team), he's got all sorts of business deals going all time in all sorts of industries (see today's Wash Post), all that, and the Redskins don't even have a .500 record average. Meanwhile, I've got a ticket invoice on my desk I gotta decide whether to find a way to somehow pay or throw away and go eBay.

So what should we do? Celebrate the image of The Great Dan Snyder? Come on.

Bang, I have not forgotten all the things you mentioned, but that has little to do with the present. The thing is, man, it hasn't been just two or three years with Snyder. We're looking at EIGHT YEARS. EIGHT YEARS. And what have we got? Ticket increases totalling nearly 50% in the lower bowl, TV commercials at obtrusive volume levels forced upon us, two of the eight stadium gates closed to the general public while simultaneously adding nearly 13,000 seats, conventional upgrades from upper to lower decks have disappeared, that whole credit card fiasco, that whole OV seat fiasco, an FU fee added to all new season ticket invoices, parking fees increased at over 50%, record breaking team profits (more than twice that of any other NFL team), he's got all sorts of business deals going all time in all sorts of industries (see today's Wash Post), all that, and the Redskins don't even have a .500 record average. Meanwhile, I've got a ticket invoice on my desk I gotta decide whether to find a way to somehow pay or throw away and go eBay.

So what should we do? Celebrate the image of The Great Dan Snyder? Come on.

No, I'm not saying celebrate him. I'm not applauding Snyder or even defending him.

This thread has a ton of examples of what I was talking about in my much ballyhooed thread over the weekend about drive-by posters.

There are a ton of folks here who seem to think that Snyder was who turned us into laughing stocks as if we were something before he bought the team.

I'm just pointing out that we were awful for years leading up to him, but it seems to slip thru a lot of minds.

As fans, we've got to be a little more knowledgeable about our own team. It gets embarrassing. I'm just asking for some sense among folks when they start with their 'he drove us into the ground".

We were already well into the ground and plenty much an embarrassment to ourselves.

~Bang

Archived