Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Christian Fauria has been released (Merged)

gobigred

The two 50 year old scrub TEs we brought in to replace him both contributed more than him by scoring and even David Patten's one catch was worth more than Fauria's two. As for blocking? :doh: Mike Pucillo can do that.

Let the cutting begin;) This was just announced on Redskins.com

The Redskins have re-signed offensive lineman Mike Pucillo, the team announced on Wednesday.

Also, the Redskins released veteran tight end Christian Fauria.

Pucillo, 6-4 and 311 pounds, was scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent this offseason. He was a key reserve for the Redskins in 2006, playing in 11 games.

Pucillo can play several positions along the offensive line. He was listed on the depth chart as the backup center, but he can also play guard. Last season, he occasionally lined up at tight end in short yardage and goal-line situations.

Pucillo signed with the Redskins as a free agent in March 2006. He had previous NFL stints with the Buffalo Bills, who drafted him in the seventh round of the 2002 NFL Draft, and Cleveland Browns.

For his career, Pucillo has played in 36 games with 18 starts. He played his college ball at Auburn.

Fauria played just one season in Washington. Signed by the Redskins as a free agent in March 2006, he struggled through a foot injury most of last season and ended the year on injured reserve.

Fauria, a 12-year NFL veteran, played in nine games and had two receptions for 17 yards.

:cry:

I hadn't been here for a couple few days and just heard of this tonight, a few minutes ago. I don't like... :( I'm so sad...

Christian's was a two-year deal, how could they release him? Is "releasing" the same as "cutting" someone? Is there a chance that the 'Skins could/would pick him back up?

Thanks for everything, Christian! No matter where you ever play, or whatever decisions you may make, I support you completely! :cloud9: :jump:

Love,

CarrollsMine99.

Where is that poster who is that HUGE Fauria fan I wanna get their take on this...was I the only guy that custom made a Fauria jersey?

No, fdarugar, I made one, and I am very proud of it! I like the 'Skins, thanks to those of you who are supportive in this matter... I do appreciate it!

I am fine, just sad! :( :cry:

CarrollsMine99.

Christian's was a two-year deal, how could they release him? Is "releasing" the same as "cutting" someone? Is there a chance that the 'Skins could/would pick him back up?

We've been waiting for you! Releasing and cutting is the same thing. The skins could pick him back up but its very unlikely.

Are you going to become a fan of whatever team he chooses to sign with?

When should we expect this to happen? I was actually thinking we would have released these guys by now.

Unknown to me. D-Day posted something about Thrash possibly being released in this thread

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191432

Honestly I don't think that they will release Lloyd but if it were up to me, I'd show him the door like I caught him stealing from the till at church.

We've been waiting for you! Releasing and cutting is the same thing. The skins could pick him back up but its very unlikely.

Are you going to become a fan of whatever team he chooses to sign with?

Hi! Glad some of you are/were looking for me... thanks! :)

Yes, but I have become a big fan of the 'Skins too! This has been a fun year and I love this site! Whatever happens, I hope the 'Skins make the moves they want and have a great season!

CarrollsMine99.

Unknown to me. D-Day posted something about Thrash possibly being released in this thread

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191432

Honestly I don't think that they will release Lloyd but if it were up to me, I'd show him the door like I caught him stealing from the till at church.

There's NO WAY Gibbs cuts Thrash. He loves James Thrash. Although he's older, Thrash is an excellent STer and filled in nicely last year when injuries and general malaise were hurting the team.

There's NO WAY Gibbs cuts Thrash. He loves James Thrash. Although he's older, Thrash is an excellent STer and filled in nicely last year when injuries and general malaise were hurting the team.

That's all nice and good, but when push comes to shove and they are looking for cash to save to send an offer to Fletcher and Clements, they will see that a #4-#5 WR/ST player is accounting for $1,425,000 in 2007.

That's all nice and good, but when push comes to shove and they are looking for cash to save to send an offer to Fletcher and Clements, they will see that a #4-#5 WR/ST player is accounting for $1,425,000 in 2007.

$1.1m, actually, and they just redid his deal, so I don't think he's going anywhere.

Jason

Archived