Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Santana makes ESPNs top ten list......

Joey T

That was . . . a great throw by Brunell.

:logo:

Have to disagree with you here. Brunell NEVER should have thrown that ball. Watch the play again - MB lobbed it up into double-coverage with the safety closing quickly. If Santana hadn't jumped the route and thrown the safety off, the play would either have ended up as an interception putting Jax in field goal range, or Moss seriously decapitated, possibly both.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the outcome and enjoyed watching the dramatic win as much as the next devoted 'Skins fan, but evaluating our success and giving credit where credit is due (and NOT giving credit where credit is not due) is essential if the team is going to grow and be more competitive.

You've gotta give Moss the credit for being heads up and making a play on a ball that was hung out there by Brunell. This isn't meant to bash MB, just an objective look at the play.

Have to disagree with you here. Brunell NEVER should have thrown that ball. Watch the play again - MB lobbed it up into double-coverage with the safety closing quickly. If Santana hadn't jumped the route and thrown the safety off, the play would either have ended up as an interception putting Jax in field goal range, or Moss seriously decapitated, possibly both.

That is why the play was ranked in the top 10. Santana made an incredible play to catch the ball and then elude several safety defenders to take it in

for the TD. :cool:

Yep, Moss really saved him on that throw. So great having Moss on our side. Can't wait to see him and J.C for a full year. Brunell doesn't deserve any credit on that throw. It was his best game though.

Why do some of you hate Brunell so much? He's on our ****ing team!!!

I have the game on DVD. Anybody who thinks it was a lob doesn't know what the hell they're talking about.

It was a bullet thrown between the corner and the safety. It traveled 25yds in the air, in a hurry. It was a little high and to the inside which kept the safety from crushing Santana.

Is it so hard to say that the guy made a good throw on what is now one of the most thrilling plays in Redskins history?

of most exciting plays of the 2006 season. The play where he takes about a 15 yd pass from Boonell between two defenders and takes it to the house.
Yo buddy, get your facts straight. The line of scrimmage was the Washington 32, and Moss caught the pass at the Jacksonville 45, so it was a 23 yard pass. It was actually a great throw by Brunell, 25 yards downfield and between two defenders. Moss made a great catch and did a great job evading the defenders to go untouched into the endzone, but don't try to poo-poo Brunell's throw. It was a darn good pass. I believe the announcer's words were, "Mark Brunell guns it into a tight spot," and that is exactly what he did too. Watch it again if you don't believe me.

People around here rag on Brunell too much. He is the only QB to beat the Cowboys in a long time, and the only QB to take us to the playoffs in the past seven years. We're lucky to have him. Heck, he won more games and had better stats than Jason Campbell. Don't get me wrong, I like Jason Campbell, but you guys need to give Mark Brunell a break.

Good grief. :2cents:

You guys saying that was a bad throw need to watch the play again. Pause the video at the second Moss catches the ball and you will see that neither of the defenders had a chance at it, and that the ball hit Moss on his outside shoulder. Against that coverage, Brunell could not have thrown the ball any better.

You could try to make the case that it was a throw he shouldn't have made, but you'd be wrong, Moss was red-hot that day, and the play worked great. Brunell and Moss were good together. Campbell has yet to develop that same kind of chemistry with Moss.

Yo buddy, get your facts straight. The line of scrimmage was the Washington 32, and Moss caught the pass at the Jacksonville 45, so it was a 23 yard pass. It was actually a great throw by Brunell, 25 yards downfield and between two defenders. Moss made a great catch and did a great job evading the defenders to go untouched into the endzone, but don't try to poo-poo Brunell's throw. It was a darn good pass. I believe the announcer's words were, "Mark Brunell guns it into a tight spot," and that is exactly what he did too. Watch it again if you don't believe me.

People around here rag on Brunell too much. He is the only QB to beat the Cowboys in a long time, and the only QB to take us to the playoffs in the past seven years. We're lucky to have him. Heck, he won more games and had better stats than Jason Campbell. Don't get me wrong, I like Jason Campbell, but you guys need to give Mark Brunell a break.

Good grief. :2cents:

amen to that.

Someone asked so here it is -- I hate Brunell because he should not have been the Skins QB after 2004 -- everybody but Gibbs in the entire football universe knew Bruney was limited, washed-up and not competitive. Its nothing personal ... I'm sure he is a nice guy and kisses babies. I guess what I really hate then is the idea of a Brunell ... the "it" of it. Well all things turn out in the end ... eh ... we now have Campbell who really seems to be "it" --- the other it. so I'm happy now.

Why do some of you hate Brunell so much? He's on our ****ing team!!!

I have the game on DVD. Anybody who thinks it was a lob doesn't know what the hell they're talking about.

It was a bullet thrown between the corner and the safety. It traveled 25yds in the air, in a hurry. It was a little high and to the inside which kept the safety from crushing Santana.

Is it so hard to say that the guy made a good throw on what is now one of the most thrilling plays in Redskins history?

Don't confuse the Brunell haters with the facts AX. It upsets their preconcieved myopic minds.

You guys saying that was a bad throw need to watch the play again. Pause the video at the second Moss catches the ball and you will see that neither of the defenders had a chance at it, and that the ball hit Moss on his outside shoulder. Against that coverage, Brunell could not have thrown the ball any better.

You could try to make the case that it was a throw he shouldn't have made, but you'd be wrong, Moss was red-hot that day, and the play worked great. Brunell and Moss were good together. Campbell has yet to develop that same kind of chemistry with Moss.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Exactly my point. Brunell made a throw that was either going to be caught by Santana or it was going to be incomplete. In my opinion, it was a great throw and catch from the two.

:logo:

Yo buddy, get your facts straight. The line of scrimmage was the Washington 32, and Moss caught the pass at the Jacksonville 45, so it was a 23 yard pass. It was actually a great throw by Brunell, 25 yards downfield and between two defenders. Moss made a great catch and did a great job evading the defenders to go untouched into the endzone, but don't try to poo-poo Brunell's throw. It was a darn good pass.

Hey son, get off your high/hobby horse. I did not state the yardage of the throw as fact :doh:

Originally Posted by Joey T

The play where he takes about a 15 yd pass from Boonell between two defenders and takes it to the house.

You're missing the point of this thread. Read the title again..........it's not about Boonell. :(

Archived