Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Santana makes ESPNs top ten list......

Joey T

so, we're able to take something positive.......a great play by the 'skins, being recognized as one of the 10 best plays in the entire league for the '06 season....and somehow make a fight of it? am i in the tailgate?

:applause: :applause: :cheers:

No politics. Just a great play by a Skins player that recieved recognition on it's own merits :cool:

i guess if its tom brady that's a great throw, but if its mark brunell, its a great catch...you guys are ridiculous....it was a great throw, looking off the safety and then gunning the ball to the spot, and it was a great catch, jumping up snatching it and then avoiding the safety and going to the house...

it was the 9th best play of the season... ENJOY IT !!!!

Brunell said it himself "20% Brunell 80% Santana Moss"

Ah yes, you can always count on Mark Brunell to represent with integrity.
Someone asked so here it is -- I hate Brunell because he should not have been the Skins QB after 2004 --
Mark Brunell was the starter in 2005, our best season in over a decade. We swept Dallas and Philly for the first time in my memory, maybe ever. Our exciting playoff run that season was do in large part to the excellent veteran play of Mark Brunell. Check his numbers if you don't believe me, he had a great TD to INT ratio, which was a big part of our success that season.

I don't see how you can say he shouldn't have been our QB after 2004 when he had the season he did in 2005. :2cents:

so, we're able to take something positive.......a great play by the 'skins, being recognized as one of the 10 best plays in the entire league for the '06 season....and somehow make a fight of it? am i in the tailgate?
I see you point. What can I say? Sometimes I get a little overly excited. I geuss I just don't think there is much positive about calling a good player names like "Boonell."
Hey son, get off your high/hobby horse. I did not state the yardage of the throw as fact :doh:

Originally Posted by Joey T

The play where he takes about a 15 yd pass from Boonell between two defenders and takes it to the house.

You're missing the point of this thread. Read the title again..........it's not about Boonell. :(

I'm sorry if I offended you with my garishness, but I am what I am. I think that if you didn't want the thread to involve Brunell, then you probably shouldn't have said "Boonell" in the original post.

Besides, if you don't mind my asking, why is this thread not also about Brunell? Did Brunell not throw the pass? Did he not get credit for the touchdown? Was he not part of the play?

I might have titled the thread Redskins make ESPN's top ten list, but that's just me.

Why do some of you hate Brunell so much? He's on our ****ing team!!!

I have the game on DVD. Anybody who thinks it was a lob doesn't know what the hell they're talking about.

It was a bullet thrown between the corner and the safety. It traveled 25yds in the air, in a hurry. It was a little high and to the inside which kept the safety from crushing Santana.

Is it so hard to say that the guy made a good throw on what is now one of the most thrilling plays in Redskins history?

You have my vote for most intelligent post made so far this year. :notworthy

:applause:

Archived