Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins "Super" Superbowl Running Back

csnow03

"and thank you so much for bringing up such a painful subject. While you're at it, why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?"

;)

Will salt do, it's more handy? Hey We had it (Riggins), lost it (Allen) and got it back (Smith). Just pointing out we were in all top three. You know... I'm fresh out of paper too, will a razor blade be OK?

Will salt do, it's more handy? Hey We had it (Riggins), lost it (Allen) and got it back (Smith). Just pointing out we were in all top three. You know... I'm fresh out of paper too, will a razor blade be OK?

Swing and a miss with The Princess Bride quote.

Salt will do and I don't want to know about the paper. :paranoid: ;)

I was looking up some stats for Timmy Smith, and then saw that they already had been posted, but I did run across and interesting fact on Chris Hamburger, he went to 9 probowls. I didn't realize that he had gone to that many.

I certainly would never make the case against Hanburger - I loved the guy. But in most of the years that Hanburger made the Pro Bowl, they used to take separate players from the NFL East and NFL West, as well as the AFL East and AFL West.

So, you typically had 7, 8, or even 9 linebackers make the Pro Bowl back then in just the NFL (pre-merger).

The Pro Bowl today is just a ridiculous popularity contest and I hate it whenever someone says someone should be in the HOF based on how many Pro Bowls they were in or that someone should not be in because of how few they made (like Art Monk and his three Pro Bowls).

But, I would vote for Hanburger because he was a big play player on a very bad defense for most of his career.

Hail,

H

Have known that for years the bigger question is will Timmy Smith's record ever be broken that is the question !.

Well I just hope it won't but if it does Im sure we be back to get the record again!!!!

:point2sky HAIL TO THE REDSKINS :point2sky

I STILL SAY- :dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Timmy smith never had injury issues and never missed a game due to injury. He was considered to have a bad additude. He had 1 good game, it just happen to be in the Super Bowl (19 years ago today, BTW).

Gibbs thought he was Lazy in training camp and cut him after the 1988 season. Since Gibbs marked him as Lazy, no team picked him up until years later when the cowboys took a chance on him. Didn't last long.

In a way, he was the luckest guy in the world. He had 1 great game in his life. It just happened to be in the super bowl, so it will always be rememebered

>> I am reading Mark May's book about his days with the Redskins and he said the Timmy Smith held out and reported 25 pounds overweight to camp the year after the SuperBowl. BTW, I put out a Timmy Smith highlight video on youtube. Search for Timmy Smith or click this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE8xJhcKutE

>> I am reading Mark May's book about his days with the Redskins and he said the Timmy Smith held out and reported 25 pounds overweight to camp the year after the SuperBowl. BTW, I put out a Timmy Smith highlight video on youtube. Search for Timmy Smith.

You know fame effects some people negatively, I think thats what happened to Timmy Smith. From what I remember he was suprised we took him in the draft because we had a good running back, and he mostly was used on special teams until we needed him in the superbowl. When you set records like he did, it makes you wonder what he could have done had he applied himself and came to camp in good shape the next year after the superbowl, we could be talking about the legendary Timmy Smith. He had the talent and the tools to have been a great running back.

Archived