Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TE Free Agents

TLusby

None of the free agents available at TE are worth big money for the role they will play on the Skins ... therefore, I vote for signing a collegiate player at the bottom of the draft (or undrafted) who is a ferocious blocker and goes at least 6'4'' and 260lbs. There should be plenty to choose among.

best blocker is either Daniel graham or kyle Brady

best overall is graham but he also will command a fairly large salary,and has marginal receiving skill,but upside...

best receiver is Eric Johnson ,he's a marginal blocker.Johnson being a small step below Cooley in receiving skills. signing him would be pointless,but it sounds like something we would do....

I disagree. I think Eric Johnson would be the ideal TE for us to sign, especially if we could improve is run blocking skills with Bugel. Here are a couple of reasons why he would be a good fit:

1) We know what a positive effect Cooley can have for our offense. Heaven forbid, but what if Cooley went down with an injury? Eric Johnson provides us the ability to not alter the offense with pass catching skills.

2) It improves our options in a 2 TE set formation. We can keep both TE in to block or during play-aciton have them release. Look what Saints did to the Eagles with their 2 TEs.

Look if we really need to pound the ball, than Sellers and/or Betts should be running the ball with Pucillo in as the extra TE. By using a 2 TE set using Moss and Randle El as the WR will put the our offense in an advantage. Do teams move eight into the box and try to stop the run? If so, this opens up our WRs to more man coverages as well as making LBs try and cover Cooley and Johnson. If the defense doesn't bring 8 up in the box, then we destroy them with the run.

Just my :2cents:. I think Johnson would be our a good fit with our offense.

In other words we need Clint Didier.

We should be so lucky to have a Clint Didier. Didier was a pass catching tight end first. Donnie Warren was the TE Mass_Skins Fan describes, an offensive lineman wearing a tight end's uniform who caught only a handful of passes a year.

It was actually fun watching Warren catching passes. After the reception, his running style was to actually look around for defenders to plow into! He would pretty much seek out the nearest defender, wrap up the ball with two hands, lower his head and plow into or over the guy.

I really can't say who's the best blocker out of that group, but I would stay away from Daniel Graham at all costs.

My prejudices against Patriots players are well known around here, but in this case I actually have a football-related reason for wanting to stay away from Graham...

In New England, Graham's blocking was rewarded with a number of catches, especially as a check-down or in short yardage and goal-line situations. To be totally honest, what I think we NEED in terms of a Tight End is more of a "Third Offensive Tackle" type of guy who isn't going to want to be part of the receiving game. We've already got the receiver-type Tight End in Cooley.

I would think Cooley could play the Ben Watson role. Nothing wrong with having a blocking TE with reliable hands... as long as Graham would be comfortable with the role, he would be a solid addition if available without a premium... TE and Safety are the types of positions where we could afford to pick up solid contributors because they are among the cheapest, I think Graham would be a very nice addition

I disagree. I think Eric Johnson would be the ideal TE for us to sign, especially if we could improve is run blocking skills with Bugel. Here are a couple of reasons why he would be a good fit:

1) We know what a positive effect Cooley can have for our offense. Heaven forbid, but what if Cooley went down with an injury? Eric Johnson provides us the ability to not alter the offense with pass catching skills.

2) It improves our options in a 2 TE set formation. We can keep both TE in to block or during play-aciton have them release. Look what Saints did to the Eagles with their 2 TEs.

Look if we really need to pound the ball, than Sellers and/or Betts should be running the ball with Pucillo in as the extra TE. By using a 2 TE set using Moss and Randle El as the WR will put the our offense in an advantage. Do teams move eight into the box and try to stop the run? If so, this opens up our WRs to more man coverages as well as making LBs try and cover Cooley and Johnson. If the defense doesn't bring 8 up in the box, then we destroy them with the run.

Just my :2cents:. I think Johnson would be our a good fit with our offense.

Johnson will command a fair amount of coin

sign johnson

lose cooley

:2cents:

Word has been Jax is to resign him. In a Joe Gibbs run offense, Brady fits quite well. However with Saunders as the OC, even the blocking TE will probably need to be more viable than Brady as a receiver. that is why Graham would make more sense.

Not hardly...When Saunders was in KC he had Tony Gonzales the receiving TE and then he had Jason Dunn as TE2 and @ 6'7 274 basically the third tackle...In Saunders O he keeps TE2 in and sends the RB out in the play...

Not hardly...When Saunders was in KC he had Tony Gonzales the receiving TE and then he had Jason Dunn as TE2 and @ 6'7 274 basically the third tackle...In Saunders O he keeps TE2 in and sends the RB out in the play...

You are correct, he was used as a blocking TE in KC. What I find interesting is I remember him when he was drafted as an all around TE with pretty good receiving skills. When I saw the measurables you listed I was shocked. These were his numbers when he was drafted:

Jason Dunn

Tight End

Ht/Wt: 6-4, 259

Born: 11/15/1973

College: Eastern Kentucky

Many of the sites now show:

Jason Dunn bullet_3.gifTE bullet_3.gifKansas City Chiefs

Height: 6'6' bullet_3.gif Weight: 274 bullet_3.gif DOB: 11/15/1973 bullet_3.gif Age: 33

And you show him at 6'7'. Dunn's draft profile stated great size and size potential, I guess they were right!:laugh:

Daniel Graham is good but so is Christian... believe me. With more opportunities, more people will realize this.

CarrollsMine99.

Christian who? Are you talking about Christian Fauria? The bum of a tight end we signed from the Patriots LAST offseason. The only times I heard his name all season were on holding penalties. Hopefully our front office has heard the old adage that "Doing the same thing multiple times and expecting different results is the definition of insanity."

Johnson will command a fair amount of coin

sign johnson

lose cooley

:2cents:

1) There is no way our FO lets Cooley go.

2) We are the Redskins. If Gibbs and company think someone fits they will to their best to get them in burgandy and gold.

3) Why would Johnson command a huge contract? He hasn't acheived anything major that would warrant Gates, Gonzalez, or Crumpler type money. Don't get me wrong, he is going to collect a nice payday; especially with the cap increasing, but he isn't elite like Cooley, Shockey, or some of the other guys.

my cousin Visanthe Shiancoe is a free agent he is Jeremy Shockey's backup i think he he does a well job blocking he did real good the last game of the year blocking against the Redskins he is from this area and when i talked to him he said he would mind coming to play here because his mom is in this area. So you guys look out because i feel he would help us alot plus he can catch if needed to.

my cousin Visanthe Shiancoe is a free agent he is Jeremy Shockey's backup i think he he does a well job blocking he did real good the last game of the year blocking against the Redskins he is from this area and when i talked to him he said he would mind coming to play here because his mom is in this area. So you guys look out because i feel he would help us alot plus he can catch if needed to.

Your cousin is a good complimentary TE for Shockey.

You are correct, he was used as a blocking TE in KC. What I find interesting is I remember him when he was drafted as an all around TE with pretty good receiving skills. When I saw the measurables you listed I was shocked. These were his numbers when he was drafted:

Jason Dunn

Tight End

Ht/Wt: 6-4, 259

Born: 11/15/1973

College: Eastern Kentucky

Many of the sites now show:

Jason Dunn bullet_3.gifTE bullet_3.gifKansas City Chiefs

Height: 6'6' bullet_3.gif Weight: 274 bullet_3.gif DOB: 11/15/1973 bullet_3.gif Age: 33

And you show him at 6'7'. Dunn's draft profile stated great size and size potential, I guess they were right!:laugh:

:D Hey I got my info from the Chiefs oficial website!

Archived