Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anyone else think this was weird?

txskins

Obviously I was excited that Romo sits to pee dropped the ball and lost the game for the Cowgirls but did anyone else think it was really odd that they didn't measure the spot to see if he got a first down. It was 4th down and a half yard to go at the 2 1/2 yard line. On the replay it looked like he was tackled down around the 1 1/2! It wasn't 4th and goal! How could they not even look at the play in the replay booth w/ the game being under 2 minutes? I know if that was the skins I would have lost my mind if they didn't replay it. I live in Texas and have not heard any Cowgirls fans complaining about it. Are they ignorant or am I missing something on the play. Please tell me what I'm missing because I havn't heard anyone bringing this up?

:eaglesuck

GO SAINTS!!

1) he was definately short.

2) This belongs in the ATNFL

3) Aren't you a SKins fan? Why worry about something that could have helped the Cowboys? :doh:

He must have dropped some serious coin on that game and lost. :laugh:

BTW. He needed to get to the one for the first and was a 1/2 yard short.

I don't know how you can say he was definitely short! I just think this is an interesting topic. I watch a lot of football games and this was one of the oddest things I've seen in awhile. The media dissects everything and this hasn't been mentioned, I just don't understand. I posted this so maybe some of our smart fans could let me know what they thought.

I thought it was pretty definitely short, and that's the reason why nobody has been making a big deal out of it.
e

It must have been but I watch NFL network pretty much all the time and I've seen that play probably about 25 times and everytime he looks like he was down around the one. I'm just trying to figure out what I'm not seeing.

As others have stated he needed to get to the 1 as Witten was stopped at the 1 1/2 on the previous play...the same place that Romo sits to pee went down. If you watch the replay you can see the referee pointing to the ground to motion that the runner was down prior to the Seahawks picking up the ball and advancing the "fumble". Also, the Seahawks took the ball over at the 1 1/2 so that is where Romo sits to pee was down.

A more interesting point that I haven't heard anyone talk about...

The Witten play occurred with 1:53 on the clock and the refs signaled first down. Had the Seahawks thought that they had stopped them on 3rd down they surely would have called time out and made Dallas kick the field goal giving themselves almost 2 minutes left to get a winning score. The clock continued to run until the booth signaled down to review the play. This ate over 30 seconds off the clock before the play was ultimately reversed...30 seconds that the Seahawks would have been screwed out of had the refs made the proper call when spotting the ball initially. The botched field goal attmept was at 1:19. All in all it was the best thing that happened to the Seahawks because after using their timeouts Dallas got the ball back at midfield after the punt with only 7 seconds. Seattle would have had a much harder time keeping them out of field goal range with those 30 additional seconds on the clock.

Note: I did hear that Perreira said that it was handled properly...those are the breaks!

As others have stated he needed to get to the 1 as Witten was stopped at the 1 1/2 on the previous play...the same place that Romo sits to pee went down. If you watch the replay you can see the referee pointing to the ground to motion that the runner was down prior to the Seahawks picking up the ball and advancing the "fumble". Also, the Seahawks took the ball over at the 1 1/2 so that is where Romo sits to pee was down.

A more interesting point that I haven't heard anyone talk about...

The Witten play occurred with 1:53 on the clock and the refs signaled first down. Had the Seahawks thought that they had stopped them on 3rd down they surely would have called time out and made Dallas kick the field goal giving themselves almost 2 minutes left to get a winning score. The clock continued to run until the booth signaled down to review the play. This ate over 30 seconds off the clock before the play was ultimately reversed...30 seconds that the Seahawks would have been screwed out of had the refs made the proper call when spotting the ball initially. The botched field goal attmept was at 1:19. All in all it was the best thing that happened to the Seahawks because after using their timeouts Dallas got the ball back at midfield after the punt with only 7 seconds. Seattle would have had a much harder time keeping them out of field goal range with those 30 additional seconds on the clock.

Note: I did hear that Perreira said that it was handled properly...those are the breaks!

I was wondering why Seattle didn't call I time out as well. It ended up working in their favor though.

I was wondering why Seattle didn't call I time out as well. It ended up working in their favor though.

They only had one timeout left and were probably saving it to try to ice the kicker...or holder :laugh:

If it was a first down it would have been pointless to stop the clock because Parcells had planned to take a knee a few times to run the clock down and then take the kick.

They only had one timeout left and were probably saving it to try to ice the kicker...or holder :laugh:

If it was a first down it would have been pointless to stop the clock because Parcells had planned to take a knee a few times to run the clock down to about six seconds and then take the kick.

You're right. I forgot the call on the field was a first down.

I live in Texas and have not heard any Cowgirls fans complaining about it. Are they ignorant or am I missing something on the play. Please tell me what I'm missing because I havn't heard anyone bringing this up?
Those idiots are too busy saying the commissioner sent in a rigged slick ball cause the fix was on. :insane:

Archived