Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who has more trade value?

MoochieDC_86

So the Rayduhs give up Randy Moss, who is still looked upon as a top 5 game changing WR, and the most coveted draft position for Matt Schaub, who could be the next AJ Feeley, remeber how great he looked in Philly, and the number ten overall pick.

Moss has more value then Schaub and the number one pick has way more value then the number ten. The trade could work but not until the workouts of Jamarcus Russell and Brady Quinn are completed and even then the Falcons would have to increase the offer somehow.

I think Schaub has a higher value now, and the trade kinda makes sense. The only reason I think it would never happen is because the Falcons seem VERY reluctant to trade Schaub because they want to have an insurance policy if Vick doesn't improve. I hear Petrino has the power to get rid of Vick if he doesn't fit into his offense, so I think they keep Schaub.

Schaub is an unrestricted free agent this year, and he will be gone from Atlanta to try his hand at being the starting quaterback, which I think he will do very well at, being a graduate of UVA myself. IMO he has a much higher value than Moss.

Shouldn't this be in the other forum?

Aside form that, Schaub isn't going anywhere for at least a year til their new coach can figure out if he can deal with Vick. In the end the Falcons might ship away Vick....

By that time however, Oakland will probably have found a new home for Moss already.

Not to be the forum Nazi, but shouldn't this be in the Around the NFL forums?

Btw, this would be real interesting if it happened. I don't know, but I think Moss would do wonders for that team. I just don't see this happening like that.

*Edit* Oops, guy right above me said it first... :)

Ummm

Maybe I am an idiot

But isnt JeMarcus Russell better than Vick or Shaub??

Is he not going to redefine the QB position?

Is he not going to be Oaklands Pick at #1?

I don't know if you're an idiot or not, but, I know the Raiders aren't real savvy and that the Falcons could sure use a Randy Moss at WR. If the Raiders could somehow get Vick and keep their #1 then they could probably trade down and get more offensive help.

I don't see this trade ever being consider by both sides and here's why.

1) Moss may be talented, but he is two notches down from T.O.. Me, Me, Me is all he care about. For 1st year Coach Petrino that will be too much to deal with.

2) Matt is a UFA ,and Atl wants him back. Vick is Flashy, but after the flashy there is nothing. Talented and great skills but does not think like a QB.

3) Agree with Troy Fakeman with the ideal that Davis would not be want to trade the 1st overall pick.

Anyway why are we talking about Atlanta?:helmet:

how about this one...Falcons Trade Mike Vick to the Raiders for Moss and Oaklands 1st rd pick this year and next year.

Then the Falcons take CJ, have a possible great reciever duo, and hope Schaub pans out and has a better playoff run than Mike Vick had while in atl.

Falcons go on to make the playoffs the next 3+ years and oakland beats out Atl for the second worst trade in the history of the nfl (trading moss and 2 first round picks for vick, CJ goes down as one of the greatest wide outs ever...he has tons of talent, size, speed, and lacks the attitude. Randy Moss still has an attitude and causes problems, but produces well for the Falcons for two years before he is cut. Mike Vick goes on to break his own qb rushing record two more times, but never leads the raiders to a playoff win)

by the way, the 2nd worst trade in nfl history is when atl traded the picks for LT and Brees to the chargers for the pick of mike vick.

the worst trade in nfl history is when the vikings traded all the picks for dallas to build their dynasty in the 90s for H. Walker!

I know this would never happen in a million years, but it is fun to think about, and at least the skins wouldn't be involved!

one thing is for sure about all of this....

mike vick and randy moss will not finish their careers w/ atl and oak

matt schaub is worth trading a 1st rd pick, just not the #1 over all

randy moss will always be a cry baby jerk and never win a super bowl

mike vick will break just about every qb rushing record there is

Schaub is an unrestricted free agent this year, and he will be gone from Atlanta to try his hand at being the starting quaterback, which I think he will do very well at, being a graduate of UVA myself. IMO he has a much higher value than Moss.

I am student at UVA as well. I saw Matt Schaub play college ball and in the NFL and he's definitely got a lot of upside. It's too bad he's sitting on the bench behind Vick, who hasn't really shown he can be a top tier QB. I believe Schaub can be a top flight QB if given the chance.

Archived