Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Alan Branch to enter NFL Draft

redskns21

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16529050/

DT Branch leaving Michigan for NFL

By LARRY LAGE

Associated Press Sports

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) -Alan Branch is skipping his senior season at Michigan to enter the NFL draft, delivering a blow to the Wolverines a week after they lost the Rose Bowl.

The 6-foot-6, 311-pound defensive tackle, a second-team All-American, is projected as a first-round pick in April's draft.

"It's always been a childhood dream for me, but it was surprising how tough of a decision it was,'' Branch said Monday.

Branch took advantage of a service the NFL offers to draft-eligible players who are not seniors, and the league gave him good news.

"I got my grade back and it said I was a solid first-rounder - middle to late first round - and it really did reinforce everything I've been hearing,'' he said. "It didn't really have that much pull in my decision, but it made me that much more confident.''

As a junior, Branch made 25 tackles - including six for losses and two sacks - recovered three fumbles, forced two fumbles, intercepted a pass and broke up one.

Anybody know if he is projected to be a late or early first round pick?

I spend about a couple of hours per week checking out mock drafts ... most drafts have him going between #5-#10. He is most likely going to be available if the Redskins are interested in him.

Most Mock Drafts go like this:

1 - Oakland - JaMarcus Rusell (QB)

2 - Detroit - Brady Quinn (QB) / Joe Thomas (OT)

3 - Cleveland - Adrian Peterson (RB)

4 - Tampa Bay - Calvin Johnson (WR)

5 - Arizona - Joe Thomas (OT) / LaRon Landry (S) / Gaines Adams (DE) (in few drafts)

6 - Washington - Gaines Adams (DE) / Alan Branch (DT) / LaRond Landry (barely see him ...)

It's simple. Gibbs should just ask Vinny who he thinks they should take and then do the opposite.

Or he could ask Vinny who he should take, then he should laugh his little giggly Joe Gibbs laugh and push him out of a window. Is that too harsh?

1 - Oakland - JaMarcus Rusell (QB)

2 - Detroit - Brady Quinn (QB) / Joe Thomas (OT)

3 - Cleveland - Adrian Peterson (RB)

4 - Tampa Bay - Calvin Johnson (WR)

5 - Arizona - Joe Thomas (OT) / LaRon Landry (S) / Gaines Adams (DE) (in few drafts)

6 - Washington - Gaines Adams (DE) / Alan Branch (DT) / LaRond Landry (barely see him ...)

I'll take LaRon Landry :2cents:

Archived