Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DFP: U-M star likely off to NFL (Branch related)

illone

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070104/SPORTS06/701040404/1054/SPORTS

U-M star likely off to NFL

January 4, 2007

BY MARK SNYDER

FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

For those hoping Alan Branch stays at Michigan, don't hold your breath.

As of Wednesday afternoon, a person in the U-M registrar's office said Branch was not enrolled for this semester's classes, which begin today.

The 6-foot-6, 331-pound junior defensive tackle is home in Rio Rancho, N.M., spending time with high school friends and potentially weighing his status in the upcoming NFL draft.

click link for rest of article....

Sorry for those who think we don't need to spend, but if we could somehow get Jared Allen from the Chiefs and Clements or Samuels from the Bills or Pats and then sign Branch our DF becomes a very very good one.

Sorry for those who think we don't need to spend, but if we could somehow get Jared Allen from the Chiefs and Clements or Samuels from the Bills or Pats and then sign Branch our DF becomes a very very good one.

First of all, I don't see any way that Allen goes to another team this year. Even if contract negotiations don't work out I can easily see the Chiefs using a franchise tag on him.

Second, he is an RFA. Usually teams want draft picks as the compensation for an RFA signing. Last time I checked we don't really have much to give in that department and even if we did it wouldn't be worth it since we have been doing way too much of that in trades already in recent years.

Should we print our own money to pull off what you suggest?

nonononononononononono please atay in school! I hope gibbs and the rest of the staff are smart enough not to draft this lazy bum

Far from lazy. They wouldn't let him drop back into coverage on their zone blitzes if he was such a "lazy bum". The guy is a monster and will do wonders for our defense.

Archived