Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

And with the 6th pick in the 2007 NFL draft the redskins pick ...

Widget_5

The next massive bust in a long line of horrific first round draft selections including: Carlos Rogers, LaVar Arrington, Chris Samuels, Desmond Howard, and Patrick Ramsey (to name just a handful).

Cmon bro...

Samuels?

I would like to trade down to the mid first round and Draft one of the 3: Amobi Okoye, Patrick Willis, or Lamar Woodley...

In the trade down, pick up a 2nd...

I'm sorry but if we stay at 6th and CJ is their we have to pick him if we cant trade out of this spot w/a team that covets him...

Say we can't manage to trade down....is Branch or Adams really worth the 6th pick? From what I've seen so far I don't believe so. Is there any defensive player worth the 6th pick in the 07 draft?

Obviously, we need defense, and alot of it. But if you can't trade down, and you have a shot at who you think is a bonafide can't-miss superstar, do you pass him up to draft for need? Some believe Lloyd won't be around next season, and Calvin Johnson is that type of blue-chip athlete. Houston got roasted for drafting for need last season with Mario Williams over Bush....should we do the same if that blue-chipper is available? (Calvin Johnson is just an example...but think Joe Thomas or any other guy who is considered a can't-miss by draft day) If they fall to us, do we take them?

If we get LaRon Landry, we would have the best safety duo in the league in about 3 years. It would be scary how dominant Taylor and Landry would be. But...with that said, our secondary as a whole would be even better if we had a dominant DE. Hopefully the Skins draft Gaines Adams.

The next massive bust in a long line of horrific first round draft selections including: Carlos Rogers, LaVar Arrington, Chris Samuels, Desmond Howard, and Patrick Ramsey (to name just a handful).

You really hate the Redskins, don't you . . . :doh:

After trading down to the number 19th pick, and picking up a 3rd and 4th to boot, the Washington Redskins select Patrick Willis...LB...Ole Miss

I like that :applause: Though I'd also be happy with Okoye. Played a great game tonight.

I'm liking Willis more and more. And when you think of the great defenses -- they all had steller middle linebackers. Bears with Ulacher. Ravens with Lewis. Denver with Wilson. Miami with Thomas.

Marshall is weak. I'd go with Willis over Branch. A middle linebacker is the one key position on a good defense. When we ranked high, we had Pierce.

I like Golston, Salvea and Griffin. We could start McIntosh, Willis and Washington next year. I would try and get Samuals from NE in free agency. However, he may be to expensive. It's apparent Williams needs two good cover corners for his defense to be effective.

I was originally for the Branch move. I would prefer to trade down and target Willis or Poudanzy sp of Penn State with our first pick.

I'll make my sole reply to those commenting on the players I listed in my initial post and leave it at this....

I expect a certain level of expectations for First Round draft picks. Especially First Round draft picks who are chosen in the upper half of the round; or with picks that were originally in the upper half of the round (in cases where we trade down). I cannot remember a single First Round draft pick of this team that has met those expectations in quite a long time. I know that's an unpopular way of looking at it; but that is the way I look at it. Just accept that it's the way I see it, disagree with it, and move on; because I'm not going to debate/discuss it with you any further.

Have a nice day.

"At you really thinking that our defense is this horrible because we let Cant Get Right go...LMAO!!!"

and are you so ignorant as to not understand what qualities he brought to the team? there's a middle ground here...

- big play making abilities

- physical presence

the irony is that injured, self-centered, disruptive and money focused as he was...he was still better than the sorry arse lot we have out there now.

I'm liking Willis more and more. And when you think of the great defenses -- they all had steller middle linebackers. Bears with Ulacher. Ravens with Lewis. Denver with Wilson. Miami with Thomas.

Marshall is weak. I'd go with Willis over Branch. A middle linebacker is the one key position on a good defense. When we ranked high, we had Pierce.

I like Golston, Salvea and Griffin. We could start McIntosh, Willis and Washington next year. I would try and get Samuals from NE in free agency. However, he may be to expensive. It's apparent Williams needs two good cover corners for his defense to be effective.

I was originally for the Branch move. I would prefer to trade down and target Willis or Poudanzy sp of Penn State with our first pick.

You couldn't be more right in your assesssment of great defenses and stud middlelinebackers which we DO NOT have. Willis is an absolute monster with great instincts, great tackling, and great speed. I'd love to trade down and get him but I wouldn'nt be angry if we felt like we couldnt get value trading down and we drafted Willis at 6. He's that good for us.

As for CJ, he wont be there at 6 so stop considering it. The only way we get a trade is if Peterson is still there, which he should be, and someone covets him. We could possibly get a trade for Jarett too being that ATL will probably take him at 10 if hes still there. Theres too many good first and second round DTs available so dont expect anyone to trade up for one of them. Someone may trade up for Gaines Adams also.

Archived