Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

And with the 6th pick in the 2007 NFL draft the redskins pick ...

Widget_5

For those who want to use the #6 to get CJ, who have to realsie that it usually takes about 3 seasons sometimes 2 for them to adjust to the NFL.

Michael Clayton had a good rookie with over 1100+ yards he's only had 728 yards since, in fact the only reciever who has come out of the draft and produced in his first year is Marques Colston this year. You have to go back to Randy Moss in '98 otherwise.

It's also rare that you get alot of productivity out of your first year d-linemen, if you want first year inpact players on defensive Linebackers are your best bet.

Especially as we probably could trade down our #6 pick get 2nd & 3rd round picks and still get Willis, I doubt the top ranked D-linemen will still be around.

Just my :2cents:

And with the 6th pick in the 2007 NFL draft the redskins pick ...

The next massive bust in a long line of horrific first round draft selections including: Carlos Rogers, LaVar Arrington, Chris Samuels, Desmond Howard, and Patrick Ramsey (to name just a handful).

Man this just wasn't intelligent at all.

I'm liking Willis more and more. And when you think of the great defenses -- they all had steller middle linebackers. Bears with Ulacher. Ravens with Lewis. Denver with Wilson. Miami with Thomas.

Marshall is weak. I'd go with Willis over Branch. A middle linebacker is the one key position on a good defense. When we ranked high, we had Pierce.

I like Golston, Salvea and Griffin. We could start McIntosh, Willis and Washington next year. I would try and get Samuals from NE in free agency. However, he may be to expensive. It's apparent Williams needs two good cover corners for his defense to be effective.

I was originally for the Branch move. I would prefer to trade down and target Willis or Poudanzy sp of Penn State with our first pick.

What you're ignoring is the defensive line in front of them. As good as Urlacher is, I recall him struggling a couple of years ago b/c his d-line sucked. This year he had Tommie Harris and Tank Johnson in front of him.

While I like Golston a lot, he is not Branch. Golston is more of a project forced into the starting line up. Griffin is getting on the wrong side of 30. DT's like Branch and some of the others coming out this year are rare. They don't get to FA for a reason.

If we get LaRon Landry, we would have the best safety duo in the league in about 3 years. It would be scary how dominant Taylor and Landry would be.

I'm all for that... Our secondary is pretty awful. I don't think Branch or Adams are worth it really... I'm all for drafting either LaRon Landry or Patrick Willis in the first.

You call can cry for a LB all you want, but as long as our D-Line has a bunch of scrubs, our LBs will look like trash too.

Our d-line is the only unit that came alive on our defense at all. I watched closely on games where we provided pressure and everyone was so open in the backfield any QB with a quick release and 5% accuracy could fit an atom bomb in the hole between our defenders and their receivers.

With the 6th pick of the draft, the Skins trade their pick to the Baltimore Ravens for Ray Lewis. The Redskins will also send Portis with this deal.

LOL Thats good stuff, don't forgett he second rounder, if we have any left.

Archived