Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowher To Skins

CommishDC

The skins were eliminated 2 losses ago. 8-8 Skins would be in the playoffs. This is Gibbs 3rd year back and his 1st year losing is understandable because we do not have the team set up to his style of coaching.

2nd year playoffs, and 3rd year injuries causing us to lose. My question was referring to how a Superbowl team can miss the playoffs the next year for basically the same reason the redskins did. Injuries Injuries Injuries.

Even a great magician can't pull a bunny out of his hat if he ain't got no bunnies.

Injuries? Sorry, the Skins don't have that excuse. There are teams still in who have been hit harder with injuries then the Skins. The Giants have been decimated and still have a shot to get in.

Whenever Gibbs decides to call it quits again (hopefully in many years), I'd want a younger coach who hasn't scaled the mountain yet.

I think coaches lose their edge a little bit when they come to a second destination after finally winning a SB. They will never be as hungry as they were before they won the SB.

I don't think we'll have the opportunity, but someone like Russ Grimm would be perfect if he still hasn't been promoted by the time Joe steps down.

outside of this year Cowher has had the Steelers in contention just about every year....they just missed this year even with a bad string...Skins were eliminated in a piss poor NFC long ago

I see someone realizes what is going on around here.

I'm sorry, but until this team is under new management, this is the way that it's going to be.

:logo:

He has an eye for talent..good with people..is highly respected...he goes to Nascar ( a prt he knows nothing about and wins)..he surrounds himself with good people....

If he has an eye for talent, make him a scout. I'd want somebody like Ozzie Newsome here. That man drafts Defensive players like he's getting insider tips.

Profootballtalk started this rumor a long time ago and likes kickstart it every couple of months.

Maybe Cowher can become our Assistant Head Coach of Motivation or something.

Man, if you guys were in charge of building the Great Pyramid, today, 2000 years later, it would still be maybe 2 1/2 feet tall.

LOL, so true.

Cowher is burnt out I believe. I think we need to concentrate on getting some defensive players and quite blowing up the whole organization

Man...U said it all! Maybe after he gets a few years of broadcasting in and gets hungry....get some Passer destroyers and a secondary guy

Gibbs as a GM?! That would be a nightmare.

God, the threads that get started over a bad season just get absurd:doh: . The rumor about Charlie C coming back is a much more promising one.

I am a Gibbs supported and like his biggest flaw it's probably because I am loyal to him because of what he's done for this franchise.

Gibbs is loyal to a fault. Double G Williams fielded a defense last year that was one of the biggest parts of the team's success if not the biggest. Joe showed Williams loyalty for the success by extending Synder's checkbook to him, we all know the results that brought by the players they signed and the poor performance of the D....maybe that was part of his downfall with the Bills????

A good HC in the NFL now needs the same core traits as what a good HC needed in JG's glory days....being able to "rally the troops" and doing a lot of things that we don't see, being able to break down game film, finding out the other teams tendancies, see what areas his team can improve on, seeing what works well etc etc etc.....

You can save this post, mark my words, Joe will do some serious reflection of this season during the off-season, find out what HE did wrong and where HE can improve himself and the team. He'll bring that new attitude to the team in the off-season and make the changes neccessary to make this team a winner again.

The only part of the game that has passed him by in his absence is the playbook. Dick Vermeil was gone a lot longer and look what he did w/St. Louis w/Mike Martz running the offense. Some people just have it, some people don't....Joe Gibbs has it, what other owner just walked into Nascar and built a multi-team winner like JG's did??? The man has won three championships in two of the most competitive sports in the Country, the World for that matter. I would never question his ability to motivate people (coaches or players) or his ability to build a winning organization. He's proven it all his life, so I'm giving him the benefit of doubt that he'll do it again and wait to judge the Gibbs II era until it's over.

This is one year guys, sometimes you have to take a step back to jump ahead. The offense is really starting to shape up, as long as the defense gets back to where it should be we'll be fine.

No chance Cowher comes to Washington, Cowher bought a house here in Raleigh and his whole family (both daughters attending NC schools) already live here. Cowher will retire from NFL coaching and live it up here in NC. The only coaching he will do in the future will possibly be at NCSU if O'Brien can't get the job done in the next few years.

Why does everybody wonder if the game has passed gibbs up? Gibbs is doing a good job as a coach. Gibbs 1st year back we were 6-10, 2nd year we are in the playoffs, and yeah this year we sucked, but it wasn't gibbs fault entirely. Portis getting hurt in pre-season and then him coming back to play while not fully recovered and key defensive players getting hurt added to the frustration of the team. What are you going to say next year when we are in the playoffs again?

THE ONE THING THAT IRKS ME, IS HOW GIBBS PLAYS TOO CONSERVATIVELY SOMETIMES. TOO MANY 4TH AND SHORT YARDAGE OPPURTUNITIES PUNTED AWAY. LIKE AGAINST THE RAMS LAST SUNDAY, IN OVERTIME, WHEN WE FIRST HAD THE BALL, IT WAS 4TH AND 1. 1 YARD ! AND WE PUNT. WHAT DID WE HAVE TO LOSE ? OUR PLAY OFF SPOT ? WE HAD NOTHING TO LOSE. WE PUNT ON 4TH AND 1YD, IN OVERTIME. WHY ????!!!

THATS WHAT DRIVES ME CRAZY ABOUT GIBBS SOMETIMES. WE'VE DONE THAT ALL SEASON.

']Yet another thread supporting my theory about people who type in all caps.

SOMETIMES i WONDER why I even READ any OF these POSTS here.

who cares how someone types ?

IS THIS IMPORTANT?

people post what THEY aRE Thinking, SO MANY OF YOU guys just use this FORUM TO be argumentative AND ASSININE.

i think i'M through READING any of these STUPID POSTS. I'm tired of babies.

Archived