Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowher To Skins

CommishDC

Bill Cowher Will Make A Decision About Coaching Steelers After Last Game......think About This ( Just An Off The Wall Thought )

Gibbs Becomes The Gm And Cowher Takes Over As Coach....Joe May Be Better In Front Office And We Get A Smash Mouth Football Coach Who Can Handle The New Breed Of Players....cowher's Philosophy Is Same....run The Ball, Stingy D, And Reduce The Big Names And Make Raw Players Earn A Name In The League...any Thoughts....just Thinking Out Loud!

I Love Gibbs But I Wonder Sometimes If The Game Has Passed Him Up..FANS: YOUR THOUGHTS?

Why does everybody wonder if the game has passed gibbs up? Gibbs is doing a good job as a coach. Gibbs 1st year back we were 6-10, 2nd year we are in the playoffs, and yeah this year we sucked, but it wasn't gibbs fault entirely. Portis getting hurt in pre-season and then him coming back to play while not fully recovered and key defensive players getting hurt added to the frustration of the team. What are you going to say next year when we are in the playoffs again?

Get rid of Saunders and Williams..Cowhers team and Gibbs at the Top....

meanwhile implementing a new system and a completely different philosophy. No doubt Cowher is a great coach, but unless Gibbs is retiring to the GM position I don't think Cowher is coming to D.C. I thought one of our issues this year was too many cooks and all that...

HTTR

Get rid of Saunders and Williams..Cowhers team and Gibbs at the Top....

We need stability. Starting over in a new offense again would be rediculous. Starting over with a new offense AND a new defense would be suicide. I like Cowher too, but we committed to Williams and Saunders. I guess im different. I like what Gibbs is doing, even if it is taking a bit longer then planned. :2cents:

I hope you are right....but injuries are not an excuse..good teams find ways to win

Why does everybody wonder if the game has passed gibbs up? Gibbs is doing a good job as a coach. Gibbs 1st year back we were 6-10, 2nd year we are in the playoffs, and yeah this year we sucked, but it wasn't gibbs fault entirely. Portis getting hurt in pre-season and then him coming back to play while not fully recovered and key defensive players getting hurt added to the frustration of the team. What are you going to say next year when we are in the playoffs again?

Cowher looks burnt out. He even said that when they won the super bowl that it was kind of a letdown, and not as big of a deal as he thought it would be. But even if Cowher was our coach, we dont have their upper management. Which is why they have been successful by getting the right players in there.

agreed....maybe he needs a new start somewhere?

Cowher looks burnt out. He even said that when they won the super bowl that it was kind of a letdown, and not as big of a deal as he thought it would be. But even if Cowher was our coach, we dont have their upper management. Which is why they have been successful by getting the right players in there.

This could be a possibility for 2008 (hopefully with someone other then Gibbs as GM), but not next year. Cowher won't coach anywhere next year, unless it's college or high school. He has another year left on his contract with the Steelers and they'd be owed compensation if he took any NFL coaching job in 2007.

outside of this year Cowher has had the Steelers in contention just about every year....they just missed this year even with a bad string...Skins were eliminated in a piss poor NFC long ago

The skins were eliminated 2 losses ago. 8-8 Skins would be in the playoffs. This is Gibbs 3rd year back and his 1st year losing is understandable because we do not have the team set up to his style of coaching.

2nd year playoffs, and 3rd year injuries causing us to lose. My question was referring to how a Superbowl team can miss the playoffs the next year for basically the same reason the redskins did. Injuries Injuries Injuries.

Even a great magician can't pull a bunny out of his hat if he ain't got no bunnies.

I hope you are right....but injuries are not an excuse..good teams find ways to win

I agree, injuries wernt the biggest contributer to our offensive deficiencies this season, imho. It was a mix of things. It was the Skins first year in a new offense. Even bigger then that, it was Brunell's first year in a new technical offense. He's 36. Old dogs, new tricks kinda thing. Besides that, we lost Ray Brown and instead of getting a superstar,(not saying Brown was, just saying that's our FA tendencies) we instead tried to get some blue coller "bring your lunch pale" types in Puccillo and Walter, that didnt really pan out. The whole offensive line is trying to learn to block the way Saunders wants... that zone blocking scheme right? Our #2 and #3 recievers came from other teams and were not only in their first year with teammates, but also in a new system themselves. Then you bring in the injuries on defense to Springs and PP and you have recipe for disaster with AA. There was a silent man crush between Williams and Warrick "the folding chair" Holdman and Williams, and what happened to Posey? We also had to go through Rogers growing pains. Then we finally made the right choice, be it a little late, to switch to Campbell. He should have been playing against the Titans. Young vs. Campbell. Anyways, its been a rough mix of things that have contributed to the season ending in this way, but ALL of these things are correctable, and that gives me a lot of hope for next season. :cheers:

Archived