Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ST being asked to do too much

jivelikenice

How can a playmaker make plays if he's always busy covering for all of the deficiencies on a defense?? If he has to cover for Jimoh or Wright, and then watch the run because of our poor linebackers, then how can you honestly expect him to be a playmaker???

Ed Reed makes plays because he has great corners and great linebackers around him which allows him to take come chances. If Taylor takes a chance or tries to jump a route our supportign cast isn't good enough to help him out.

Look at Troy P. from the Steelers. This year he has been beaten on a lot of plays and the reason if that the corners for the Steelers are playing terribly, forcing him to help in an area that takes away from his ability to playmake. If Sean stays on back in the cover 2 we can't stop the run and if he plays tight we get beat up top on a playaction. That's not his fault, its the supporting cast and the scheme.....

Missed tackles are on him. But do you want to trade him based on missing a few tackles. In all fairness it wasn't his fault that Jackson blew right past Holdman gaining a full head of steam running towards ST. Its pathetic that a back can get to full speed in the open field like that in a passing situation where defenders all over the secondary should be looking to take angles away from him...

600 yards of offense by the other team = many tired D players = missed tackles

YES they get paid big bucks to NOT get tired or make mistakes, problem is they are only human and it happens /shrugs

Im guessing playing some of our defensive starters on special teams doesnt help either.

Ok, too small to play linebacker BUT he should be moved to strong safety where he doesn't hjave as much coverage responsibility. He should be your best cover safety but hes not awful in coverage. The first td he gave up was a case where he tried to break up the play or get an int as opposed to going for the tackle. Unfortunately thats what you get with playmakers...Reeds gives up big plays but thats the give and take you get with a player like that...

Missed tackles are on him. But do you want to trade him based on missing a few tackles. In all fairness it wasn't his fault that Jackson blew right past Holdman gaining a full head of steam running towards ST. Its pathetic that a back can get to full speed in the open field like that in a passing situation where defenders all over the secondary should be looking to take angles away from him...

My point was that, on that play, he looked like he didn't even want to make a tackle. I can take a great fake, I can take another team just being superior to us, but it's just the absolute lack of hustle on that play that really flipped my switch. It's like he just let him walk by him.

im sick of this. after every snap you can see him running to the line of scrimmage to stop the run. who the hell told him to play the run FIRST? our coaches. let the kid play for gods sake. he has tremendous cover abilities, he can cover ANY player 1 on 1 but they need to let him play. stop telling him to attack the line of scrimmage or to cover ONE guy. let him make his own decisions on the field. thats what made him such a great player in miami and in his rookie season. thats why we drafted him, because of his playmaking ability. i am really beginning to hate our defensive coaches :rolleyes:

GW doesn't give ST the duty to cover for everyone else's "deficincies." If Taylor is doing this, then he's doing it on his own. GW's scheme is predicated on only doing your job and assuming that everyone else will do their's.

Well GW already admitted his schemes suck, and everyone knows how to exploit defense

He looked bad yesterday but that was definitely because Springs and Washington were gone. Without good cornersand linebackers, safeties are going to look bad.

Or it was because he didn't want to be there. That's what it looked like to me. On Stephen Jackson's two TDs, ST didn't even try to tackle him. On the first one he just stood there and let him run by. It was pathetic, and you can't blame it on Washingon and Springs being out.

I don't think ST's being asked to do too much. It's just that he tries to do too much. He tries make up for everyone, but you just can't do it. He doesn't trust his teammates to do their jobs, so he's trying to do it for them. But the thing is, with GW's scheme, you have to do your own job and not worry about everyone else's. I think if ST just focused on his job, then he would be making plays. However, it's sad because I would have a hard time trusting Carlos, the linebackers, or Wright too. :2cents:

How can a playmaker make plays if he's always busy covering for all of the deficiencies on a defense?? If he has to cover for Jimoh or Wright, and then watch the run because of our poor linebackers, then how can you honestly expect him to be a playmaker???

HOG-WASH! QUIT TRYING TO PASS THE BUCK!

Who was it that assigned him the responsibility to do everyone's job but his?

Have you ever heard of a wolf in sheeps clothing?

Well Taylor is a strong safety playing in free safeties clothing. He looks great up in the box and he's a terrific hitter, but when it comes to playing the free safeties position, nobody is home. I bet he turns red when they review the film on Tuesday.

Bottom line: He needs to be moved to strong safety

My point was that, on that play, he looked like he didn't even want to make a tackle. I can take a great fake, I can take another team just being superior to us, but it's just the absolute lack of hustle on that play that really flipped my switch. It's like he just let him walk by him.

:rolleyes: Um did you not see him peel off a receiver on the OTHER sideline to get over there? I guess he isnt allowed to be human and get gassed.

Archived