Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ST being asked to do too much

jivelikenice

:rolleyes: Um did you not see him peel off a receiver on the OTHER sideline to get over there? I guess he isnt allowed to be human and get gassed.

I've seen him cover a LOT of the field numerous times. We lost the game because the defense was "tired." Is that the excuse you want to hear?

Im guessing playing some of our defensive starters on special teams doesnt help either.

And this is the head scratcher. you have a 53 man roster, yet some of your 11 on Def and 11 on Off. is out there on teams as well. What is the other players on this team doing then?

Im looking at the front office and coaches direction :mad:

I know it's Christmas and I promised myself I wouldn't come on this site because I just knew there would be people defending ST and is play yesterday. When he has a good day - He belongs in the probowl :doh: .....When he has a bad day - the rest of the defense sucks and he is being asked to do to much :laugh: . Guess what? That doesn't work for me anymore. In the beginning of the season everyone here said that it was the fault of AA that ST was not looking good. It wasn't, and it isn't now. He is not, and NEVER WAS good in coverage, just like AA. He can make a good hit, and he can tackle, but when the corners of the team are below average (have been with or without Springs) you ask too much of your safeties if they are not cover safeties. I don't know how many more times people here need to see ourt safeties get beat in coverage before they admit to themselves that ST is just not a cover safety. I love the guy. Think he is the heart of the defense, but he is not the keystone to pass coverage, we don't have one.

So to the people that hnave been saying AA sucks and ST is great I give you this season to truely evaluate. While playing BOTH were exposed in coverage, not because of lack of ability but because our corners are just not good and they ALWAYS need help, especially against good WRs. I won't sit here and defend the size of AA's contract or say that he is as good as ST, but both have the same style of play and that is why our defensive coordinator brought AA in here wether he cares to admit it or not. He loves a freelancing, hard-hitting safety. That's all well and good, but not good at all if your corners can't cover their own shadows. :2cents:

Archived