Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins send off - Saturday Dec 23 - Redskins Park

SkinsNatsFan

Let’s give the Skins a good send off to St. Louis. The last one this season.

We meet at Redskins Park outside the main gate to show our support.

As it gets closer we'll get a more specific time, but it's normally around 3:00 - 3:30.

Update : Meet at 2:45 on Saturday, the team leaves around 3:45 p.m.

:ramsuck: :ramsuck: :ramsuck: :ramsuck: :ramsuck: :ramsuck:

DIRECTIONS:

From Washington, D.C.:

-- Take 66 West towards Virginia

-- Take 495 North to 267 West (Dulles Toll Road exit)--the entrance toll is 75 cents.

-- Follow 267 West for 15 miles, through the Dulles Greenway toll entrance, to Exit 7 (Loudoun County Parkway, Route 607)

-- Turn right, headed north, on Loudoun County Parkway.

-- Proceed approximately 2 miles and cross over Waxpool Road.

-- Go approximately 1.2 miles more until the two lanes merge into one. Take a right on to Redskins Park Drive and look for a small gravel covered area to the right, just before the gatehouse.

From South of Washington, D.C.:

-- Take 95 North towards Washington, D.C.

-- Take 495 West to 267 West (Dulles Toll Road exit)--the entrance toll is 75 cents.

-- Follow 267 West for 15 miles, through the Dulles Greenway toll entrance, to Exit 7 (Loudoun County Parkway, Route 607)

-- Go approximately 1.2 miles more until the two lanes merge into one. Take a right on to Redskins Park Drive and look for a small gravel covered area to the right, just before the gatehouse.

From Baltimore:

-- Take 95 South towards Washington, D.C.

-- Take 495 West to 267 West (Dulles Toll Road exit)--the entrance toll is 75 cents.

i know how to get to reskins park for training camp, but what do you mean by main gate? keep me posted im not sure what time i have to work on saturday but i live close so i'll try and come out. how many ppl normally show up for this?

Great! Look forward to seeing you.

The gate house is the small booth on Redskins Park drive before you get to the parking lot. There's usually a guard in the booth. We gather off the side of the road before the booth.

I would like to show up with my 9 yo son. Does Gibbs stop and sign auto's for people? My son would be in awe. Is this the main gate that you pass through when headed towards the practice fields for training camp (they had a small tent selling gear next to the guard shack)? Recommendations on what to bring? Time to show? etc...??

HAIL SKINS!

I would like to show up with my 9 yo son. Does Gibbs stop and sign auto's for people? My son would be in awe. Is this the main gate that you pass through when headed towards the practice fields for training camp (they had a small tent selling gear next to the guard shack)? Recommendations on what to bring? Time to show? etc...??

HAIL SKINS!

Yes he will sign autographs and take a pic with your son! ;)

PS can we park in the same field where we park at during training camp, right before the main drive and the guard booth?

drive up the main road to Redskin park and park in the field on your right!

I hope y'all have fun and wish them luck for me since I will be in SC for the holidays!

since ive never done this before, what do we do when we get there, basically what goes on at these things?

You wait with the others for the buses to come out.

Usually, Coach Gibbs gets off one of the buses and says hello to the fans. The players do NOT get off the buses.

If you are there early enough.....you might see players going into Redskin Park.

Then you wave and yell at the buses so the players can see that WE LOVE OUR SKINS!!!

Blondie

since ive never done this before, what do we do when we get there, basically what goes on at these things?
You wait with the others for the buses to come out.

Usually, Coach Gibbs gets off one of the buses and says hello to the fans. The players do NOT get off the buses.

If you are there early enough.....you might see players going into Redskin Park.

Then you wave and yell at the buses so the players can see that WE LOVE OUR SKINS!!!

Blondie

We chat goof off and toss a football. It is fun just being with other ES members.

Huly, sorry you can't be there, I was looking forward to meeting you and little Joe. Happy Holidays, we'll try and represent appropriately...I think I am going to bring the ball I got signed by the '72 team (when I was 8) ...show some old love to the Joemeister. I haven't told my son yet, he is going to be pumped. May have to have him open that new 17JC jersey Friday night! Keep us posted!

HAIL SKINS!

Please try to get out there for the sendoff and welcome home folks... This will be the first time this year huly and I can't make it, so I am praying we can get some folks there tostand in for us :D

You do not realize how hard it was to pass the banner off knowing I will not be at a send off. It is so much fun to go to these! I am really going to miss it. If you can go please do! I know with the holidays a lot of people have plans but please try to go!

...I think I am going to bring the ball I got signed by the '72 team (when I was 8) ...show some old love to the Joemeister. I haven't told my son yet, he is going to be pumped. May have to have him open that new 17JC jersey Friday night! Keep us posted!

HAIL SKINS!

Looking forward to meeting you guys. We'll see you there.

Archived