Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What if Gibbs hadn't got the Skins into the playoffs in '05?

Horatio

get smoot,leave smoot  

115 members have voted

1. 1. get smoot,leave smoot

• re-sign Smoot
    • don't re-sign him

I think the fire Gibbs people are stipid f**king idiots and they have no business calling for the only guy who has ever done anything for the Redskins to leave.

They are attention getters that have nothing else to do but rant...

To answer your question in honesty... if the team didnt do what they did last year I would also have my doubts. But they did do well considering we only had Santana. If it wasnt for a few key injurys we would have gone farther last year.

But with all that said.. the it was the Steelers year and that was a great to watch.

Just wondering what some of you folks would have thought about the 'fire Gibbs' posts if the Skins had gone 6-10 last year like in '04.

"IF" my grandmother had balls she would have been my grandfather.

hahaha great answer.

I agree though, IF he hadn't made the playoffs then he would probably be on his way out, but probably as a result of his own decision. But, he did make the playoffs last year and gave us one of the two decent years since he left the first time. What he did last year showed what Gibbs the coach is capable of.

What if we went 11-5 this year? What would the fire Gibbs say then?

The point is, they DID make the playoffs last year, and had a very good season.

This discussion seems pointless to me. It is what it is.

EXACTLY!

Should I start a thread saying, what if we were 9-4 this year? What if Portis didn't get hurt? What if we beat Seattle last year?

What happened has happened! Plain and simple! Look towards the future and not a bunch of what if's!!

What if your mother decided not to have kids?

This thread is about as interesting a debate.

Well, the media was going to publish a book by OJ Simpson called "IF I DID IT" and were going to feature him on two TV specials, basically making the news into a "what-if" shows.

Two years ago, we had the fake Bush National Guard memos, but CBS stubbornly stuck to the "well, IF it was true..." line to justify their using it on their broadcast.

You may not like my post, but the fact is "what-if" is being played every day by our own media...which is supposed to just report the news.

Personally I have no opinion either way about Gibbs. Just as it seems ridiculous for many to call for his firing for one bad year, it would be crazy to let Gibbs off the hook if they had four losing seasons in a row under him just because of his past glory.

What if we went 11-5 this year? What would the fire Gibbs say then?

The point is, they DID make the playoffs last year, and had a very good season.

This discussion seems pointless to me. It is what it is.

Thank you!

I hate these threads...you cannot evaluate something based on hypotheticals...it changes everything.

To be honest with you, IF Gibbs was on his way to his third straight 10-loss season, he'd probably step down since he seems like the type of person who would admit if something was too tough for him. This is not too tough for him though.

However, he realizes that with some health and a couple breaks we were one play away from playing in the NFC Championship game (against a team that looked much worse vs. Seattle than we did).

What if this was his third straight season in the playoffs? Would we want to fire him then?

Archived