Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dawn of the Deadskins

Rodriggo

because Carolina would have tiebreaker over Atlanta. According to the NFL Tiebreaker procedures, division ties are broken first. So, if Atlanta/Carolina/and us are all 8-8, Carolina & Atlanta would be broken first. Should Carolina hold that advantage, the playoff spot would be between Carolina & Washington, which the Redskins would win.

I love this place. I just want the last game against the Giants to mean something since we're thinking of going......

I thought for wild cards it went conference record -> head to head -> margin of victory. I know thats how the Saints got screwed out the playoffs in 2004 despite beating the Rams who got in ahead of us.

I thought for wild cards it went conference record -> head to head -> margin of victory. I know thats how the Saints got screwed out the playoffs in 2004 despite beating the Rams who got in ahead of us.

1. Versus

2. Conference

3. Common Games

If there's a tie between more than two teams then you apply the division tie breakers first.

1. Versus

2. Division

3. Common Games

4. Conference

If we end up tied with the Panthers and Falcons at 8-8 but the Falcons lose the tie breaker to Carolina, then it's as if they're not even there.

Nice work with all the math. Here is what I would like to know. Seeing that the formulae that works out the playoff spots gets rather messy when teams get close to breaking even for a season, is it possible that you can have three playoff representatives from the same division?

Nice work with all the math. Here is what I would like to know. Seeing that the formulae that works out the playoff spots gets rather messy when teams get close to breaking even for a season, is it possible that you can have three playoff representatives from the same division?

Absolutely. Dallas, New York, and us.

What kinda of fan are you???

A realistic fan that sees the writing on the wall. Don't tell me I'm not a fan. I've been rooting for this team longer than you've been born. I'd rather give up on the playoffs, develop what little young talent we have and come back stronger next year. Sometimes you have to give a little to get a little and in this case the playoffs are a pipe dream. If you think we'll run the table, then I've got a bridge I'll sell you over the Potomac River.

]']We don't deserve the playoffs.

I said the same thing in a thread similar to this one Sunday. We have had a very disappointing team this year especially with all the money that Daniel has spent on players and coaches. Even if a miracle happens and we go to the playoffs they should lock the door and don't let us in. I Think that the NFC should just let Chicago, Seattle and Dallas play each other for the NFC championship title because they are the only teams that has been deserving of this title. The playoffs are for the best teams in the conference to battle for the right to go to the superbowl and besides these three teams there are no other "best teams" in the NFC and those teams should not be subjected to a possible upset by another team that was not playoff worthy in the first place.

A realistic fan that sees the writing on the wall. Don't tell me I'm not a fan. I've been rooting for this team longer than you've been born. I'd rather give up on the playoffs, develop what little young talent we have and come back stronger next year. Sometimes you have to give a little to get a little and in this case the playoffs are a pipe dream. If you think we'll run the table, then I've got a bridge I'll sell you over the Potomac River.

I'd rather root for this team to win as many games as possible. Fan or not, rooting for us not to make the playoffs doesn't make sense to me at all.

Archived