Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ARE as a nickle CB???

LB Dizzle

Im not saying i don't like Randle El returning punts and playing a limited role in our offense. But who knows, he is a very versitile player and we have sorry excuses for CBs besides springs and Rogers(when he decides to show up to play). I don't think he could do any worse then Mr Lost in the Grass Kenny Wright or long time sucker Ade Jimoh. Troy Brown did it for New England and he played pretty well, picking off a few passes. Why can't ARE do the same???

Im not saying i don't like Randle El returning punts and playing a limited role in our offense. But who knows, he is a very versitile player and we have sorry excuses for CBs besides springs and Rogers(when he decides to show up to play). I don't think he could do any worse then Mr Lost in the Grass Kenny Wright or long time sucker Ade Jimoh. Troy Brown did it for New England and he played pretty well, picking off a few passes. Why can't ARE do the same???

Good idea -- but we'll need a punt returner. I nominate Danny Snyder.

What happend to Rumph, I thought he played well, he would have had an interception had Sean Taylor not laid him out, and that was after only learning the system for like 2 weeks. He was for sure better than Wright or Jimoh, it was pitaful how the Falcons consistently went after those corners in the pass game and Warrick Holdman in the run game...

Some of you might just bash me on this one, but we need some new free agents...a CB and a WSLB. The guys we have there now are good backups/Springs keeps getting hurt. So we need some more depth and we need to SIGN a starter.

Draft either Landry or Nelson at SS and build any defensive chemistry in the offseason, and have thw hwole offseason to learn the system.

It would be nice if we could grab Clements and Lance Briggs in the offseason, seeing how the Redskins always manage to make a huge splash, this year SHOULD be no different in my opinion.

Oh yeah son...yeah...and then....AND THEN...for our jumbo package we bring Andre Carter in at quarterback...AND THEN...split Griffin wide, AND THEN line up Samuels at tailback with Novak lead blocking from the fullback spot....yeah thats the line up right there, first down everytime! Not completely sold on the Carter at QB set though, I mean I think Dockery ran a "mean" option in high school...so that could be asolid line up to maybe they could just alternate every other short yardage series.:paranoid:

this really is not that preposterous. ARE is known around the league as a great all around football player. troy brown did a servicable job a couple years ago for new england. i dont think ARE playing some defense will happen, but if anyone in the league could do it, it would be him

tgijef

I dont know why some of you guys are being such *******s about it. It is not a horrible idea. Troy Brown, a player that is less athletic and versatile than ARE did it. ARE is really quick and can use his great quickness to play the slot receiver. It wouldnt be too crazy to try him out in practice and see if he can handle it or not.

This wont happen this year and would be a decent to bad idea for next yr. He will not play better than Wright or Rumph this year as he has never been a DB. He could probably pick it up over the offseason but he is not ideal as he is small and it is not his natural position. To get him more involved, ARE should run back kicks as well since his speed is unmatched.

Comparing what the Pats did with Troy Brown is not really parallel.

#1 that year the pats were decimated in the secondary. They were down to putting the practice squad CB's in as starters.

#2 Let's not forget the PAt's actually had a decent defense that included a pass rush and a good scheme. They could plug in a smart WR like Brown in and he could survive and even make plays.

I couldn't imagine what would happen if Randle El had to cover someone in OUR pass rush-less defense. A lot of CB's make a living from the pass rush of the D Line. In our case, we have NO pass rush at all. Do I think our cb's are great? Not at all. Do I think what they've done this year is a reflection of their talent... not at all.

Its not 100% Kenny Wright's fault, or even Carlos Rogers. They arent THAT bad as defenders. But we and they are finding out that guarding someone without pressure on the QB is nearly impossible.

A pass rush is a CB's best friend.

Archived