Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Casey Rabach on sirius nfl radio today

gibbs_deciple

Good interview today with Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan on Sirius NFL radio today. (all the weekly player and coach interviews on NFL radio are so great cause the hosts are real NFL guys. Ryan is a former Bears D-lineman and also a color commentator on the fox games, one of my favorites cause he really breaks down what goes on in the trenches during the game. He did the Skins broadcast this week btw. Kirwan was a former nfl scout and front office guy with Jets for years, and now the senior writer on nfl.com)

Anyway.... short interview this week, but to paraphrase....

Started with talking about the win, and Tim Ryan commented on how the Skins "malled the Panthers". (I remeber during the game he kept mentioning how well both sides of the line were playing for the skins)

Ryan and Kirwan brought up the ESPN article and how it made them sick to their stomachs and there is no place for that. And told casey, 'im sure you and I both have a pretty good idea on who the disgruntled player was, but its the kind of thing that you just toss the article in the trash and and stare down the player and leave it at that' Casey said its not something he wanted to get into detail with, but was someone who had done alot for the organization.

Talking about the Cooley TD and the transmitter problem, Casey said, in the huddle Jason said he only got part of the call and was scambling a bit and someone said, 'just make the call'.

Casey also mentioned how they see Campbells' presence as the start of something new, and it has elevated the play of some of the guys and people wanna play their hearts out for the kid. :)

Its funny, the interview after Rabach was John Fox, but they didnt really talk about the loss to the skins much besides how the carolina press is saying they should bench Delhomme hahaha.

It's Shawn Springs. There is no doubt about it. No matter how much damage control or denial, it was definetly him. He went in depth about the secondary in his rant and hes the only one thats been here long enough to speak on it. He's also been the most visibly disgusted through the media and what not.

Hmmm, interesting. After watching Springs' interview, I was convinced it wasn't him. After hearing what you guys have written about the interview with Rabach, I'm starting to lean towards him as well.

It's pretty silly to assess blame on Springs. Face the facts? What facts might those be?

Casey said it was someone who had done a lot for the organization. Wynn? Marshall? Who cares? Everyone gets frustrated, everyone vents. It was probably the best thing that could have happened to the team.

It's Shawn Springs. There is no doubt about it. No matter how much damage control or denial, it was definetly him. He went in depth about the secondary in his rant and hes the only one thats been here long enough to speak on it. He's also been the most visibly disgusted through the media and what not.

I agree 100%. And did you see the interview in the locker room after the game how he went on and on about "it wasnt me"? If it wasnt you, say just that. But he went overboard trying to convince everyone it wasnt him. I dont believe him, which is disappointing because I like Springs.

Like LiveStrongSkins stated, before this article came out, every interview I saw Springs give this season he seemed completely disgusted like Ive never seen him before. Plus, everything else points at him as well.

I hope Im wrong but if Im not I want him outta here ASAP.

Springs said his dad, Ron Springs, who was an NFL player, would kill him if he went to the press like that...saying his dad said stick by your teammates at all costs. I don't think it was Springs because of that.

And thats a great reason for him to say what he said.

I really don't think it was Springs. Springs has probably been the most vocal player on defense, telling players to stop *****ing and start playing like they mean it. Out of anyone, based on what I've seen during the season previous to this, it seems like Springs is the least likely to have spoken out about the coaching. I gotta go with Prioleau. In the article, the direct quotes say "we" when speaking about preseason, but "they" when talking about the season itself. Like someone else said, the player talked about GW in Buffalo, too. Seems like things point more to him than anyone else.

However, it doesn't really matter. Coach has already said he's not going to mess around with it and waste time on chasing it down. It's just time for the players and coaches to start working together as best they can to win out the season. After that win against Carolina, I'm beginning to feel a faint glimmer of hope.

Tim Ryan played for the Falcons.

Sounds like a good interview, but I thought the color commentator for the game was just terrible.

not that it matters too much, but must be a different tim ryan you are thinking of. :) the tim ryan on nfl radio and fox color commentator played with the bears from 90-94 before he got hurt. (3 rose bowls with the USC and holds the record for sacks in a season)

I really don't think it was Springs. Springs has probably been the most vocal player on defense, telling players to stop *****ing and start playing like they mean it. Out of anyone, based on what I've seen during the season previous to this, it seems like Springs is the least likely to have spoken out about the coaching. I gotta go with Prioleau. In the article, the direct quotes say "we" when speaking about preseason, but "they" when talking about the season itself. Like someone else said, the player talked about GW in Buffalo, too. Seems like things point more to him than anyone else.

I would agree except that whoever said it said "WE" when mentioning that the DB's are meeting together again now. He's been out all year. Is he still going to all the meetings?

No doubt it was springs in my mind, he's been openly critical of things although to much less of a degree before the article came out. When that chance came I'm sure the frustration of just how things have been going overcame him and he spilled everything. I'm sure the coaches know it as do the players, just like Rabach mentioned. Thing is I'm sure he's also spoken with Williams or Gibbs if not both, said what needed to be said. With things like that you either can keep making it an issue causing problems or just move on and seeing as how there's still games to play, the best option for now is to forgive and forget, don't let it be a distration from here on out.

I think the person might have been CP. The player doesn't have to be a defensive player, how about a player that has very strong ties to defensive players. CP would be easily accessible by the reporter since he is on IR and working out independently. CP also would be able to communicate some of thoughts of former friends such as Lavar, Pierce, and Clark. Nothing will be done about the player because that player is a team star. If it is CP, what is the organization going to do to him. Williams can't bench him; he's on the other side of the ball. CP has been frustrated with the way things have been handled in the lockeroom since the beginning of the preseason. I really don't care who said it at this point. I just want the situations corrected.

CP would make sense...he is a media "friendly guy" and is a big enough name that the writer, Tom Friend, would never leak his name. CP has been around now for 3 years and is tight with Taylor who could obviously relay to him the goings ons on the defensive side of the ball.

Its done...we got a W and this is still a hot topic?! Absurd. (and im contributing of course, i got sucked in).

I don't think it was Springs.

I have a feeling it may have been Pierson Prioleau. Didn't that article also talk about GW's coaching philosophy in Buffalo? Prioleau played in Buffalo with GW...

Piroleau hasnt been a "key" member and a "key contributor" to the secondary. He doesnt even have the personality to lash out. Plus, he hasnt even been here long enough to really catch any trends. Springs has been the only one talking openly to the media and has been disgusted on several occasions. Plus I dont believe those on IR come to every meeting to really know whats going on in them. Rabach himself said its been someone who "has done alot" for the Skins. Spot duty for Prioleu doesnt count, however near pro bowl seasons from Springs do.

I don't think it was Springs. What does he have to lie for? He said he didn't do it. . If it was Springs, why would he lie and deny saying it, when THE ENTIRE TEAM including Gregg Williams already knew who it is. Springs is a good guy and I think he didn't do it

It's called damage control bud. Of coarse he is going to say that. This doesnt make him a bad guy. He is a brutally honest guy and probably only told the truth, but he broke the team code. Bad decision by a great guy.

Archived