Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Springs...then Clements???

meek

All things considered, the consensus seems to be that Shawn Springs is the source of the Friend article. There are plenty of other threads discussing this already, but my question is whether this opens the door to bringing Clements in this offseason? Springs' salary escalation next season already makes him a prime candidate for being released, this most recent episode (if true), would only make the decision that much easier for the front office. Clements already seems to be the hot pick on free agent lists, losing Springs would seem to almost make Clements a must-have IMHO. Any thoughts?

HTTR

Oh, well I guess if he said he didn't do it then there's no way it could be true. :doh:

he didn't just say he didn't do it...he said that anyone who is going to do that should atleast be man enough to put there name on it...so i seriously doubt he did it, otherwise he would have just kept his mouth shut or said he didn't do it. My guess is it was AA

Well, if Springs is the source then Clements is probably out of the question. Springs and Clements are friends. If Springs hates it here, what do you think he'd tell Clements? And the source said in the article that Williams lost the respect of a number of his Bills players. So it's no slam dunk that Clements would want to come here anyway and play for GW again.

he didn't just say he didn't do it...he said that anyone who is going to do that should atleast be man enough to put there name on it...so i seriously doubt he did it, otherwise he would have just kept his mouth shut or said he didn't do it. My guess is it was AA

You haven't done a lot of lying in your lifetime have you?

I think that Springs wouldn't feel the need to be anonomous. He'd flat out say it. He'd say it and wanna see his name next to it. He'd also have said directly to the coaches. Even if he did say it, why get rid of him? Because he said that it was stupid for the DBs not to all meet collectively? Because he said that Greg is a headcase? F-That, give him a cookie for breaking the silence!

When the story broke on friday and Bram and Dexter were discussing it, they knew who it was and this is what was said, "Someone important to the Defense and someone whose salary will be rising next year and MIGHT not be here anyway." Also, if read into the article you realize that it was said by someone in the secondary and nothing negative was said about Springs? Coincedece?

When the story broke on friday and Bram and Dexter were discussing it, they knew who it was and this is what was said, "Someone important to the Defense and someone whose salary will be rising next year and MIGHT not be here anyway." Also, if read into the article you realize that it was said by someone in the secondary and nothing negative was said about Springs? Coincedece?

What was said negative about any players? It was a coach bashing. Why would Springs salary be going up? He's not in a contract year. I mean why not say it was Taylor. I'll tell ya why. TAYLOR HATES THE MEDIA. I thing it was archy. He's got sour grapes.

Everything I've read about Clements say's he's good but not great. Supposedly he's declining, like Springs. Why would we replace a declining DB with a declining DB? Oh, that's right, we're the Redskins. I think we hold onto Springs and rework his contract a little. Carlos should be getting better and Doughty looks promising. Not to mention there will be other DB's floating around out there.

I think the only FA's we'll be pursuing will be at LB or DE, other than that I forsee a quiet FA season for us.

I think that Springs wouldn't feel the need to be anonomous. He'd flat out say it. He'd say it and wanna see his name next to it. He'd also have said directly to the coaches. Even if he did say it, why get rid of him? Because he said that it was stupid for the DBs not to all meet collectively? Because he said that Greg is a headcase? F-That, give him a cookie for breaking the silence!

DID YOU ORDER THE CODE RED?!?!?!

Honestly, does it matter who said it? Seriously, does it really matter? We are thin at CB so if it was Springs we're not going to sit him. If it was anyone else in our thin secondary who are we going to bench? AA, he's already there. We really can't release AA or Springs because of the cap hit we'll get so what is GW going to do? He can't bench them or release them so what's he going to do? Joe doesn't like players talking to the media but what are any of them going to do about it? The player didn't call anyone out really, he just told the truth. GW is arrogant and thinks his schemes are bigger than the players, that's not a secret. It doesn't sit well with the players and it shouldn't. He shows no loyalty to the players unless their like Holdman and play coaches pet. So who cares? It's water under the bridge now.

it wasnt Shawn Springs, if you guys saw the interview, he was basically callin the guy that did do it a coward, and that they should not hide behind the door and put their name on it. Something about players tryin to be like T.O. and to get the attention of everyone, but atleast T.O. will put his name on it. But i believe Shawn and i think he will be around for more years. If he doesnt stick around im pretty sure Clements is an automatic to be here next year

without Springs this defense is at least a notch lower overall. Springs 2007 salary against the cap may be high but there aren't that many true cover corners in the NFL.

the Redskins are going to be taking a huge hit if they have to let Archuleta go before that roster bonus next March.

I don't see the Skins in the mix for a Clements or a Dwight Freeney and see the 2007 offseason as being a relatively quiet one, a la 2001.

If anything the Redskins will be JETTISONING salaries and big name players that have aged on the vine.

I would settle for a true two way DE in the draft, a veteran corner to be the #3, and the acquisition of a better pass protector at guard to replace Derrick Dockery, whom I don't think the Redskins should resign.

I would settle for a true two way DE in the draft, a veteran corner to be the #3,

I think we need a FA young (not old like Springs) DB to come in and take the #1 spot, moving Springs to the 2nd spot and Rogers as our nickle. Rogers has been an underachiever. Springs is good, but aging. A young, experienced FA corner would sure up our secondary, and it would be one less thing we need to worry about. I was worried about our secondary all offseason, and those worries have been validated this season.

Shut up. I'm sick of everyone trying to run our players out of town. Our problem is that we SIGN TO MANY FREE AGENTS YEAR AFTER YEAR AND GIVE AWAY OUR DRAFT PICKS. Stop looking for the next guy to get rid of for no reason. :stfu:

Kinda hard to tell people to shut up on a message board. It's frustrating to read, I agree. Im with you on the keeping as many people together as we can, but we need just a few free agents... it doesnt have to be anything like we did last offseason, but one or two. Maybe make a trade or two for draft picks. From what Ive read isnt there going to be a "house cleaning" anyways? I with you on keeping as many people on the team intact, not with you on the shutting up part. Again, its a message board and its a lot easier to not read it then it is to go around to all the pos't you dont like telling people to shut up... thats just what I think though, I could be wrong. You might like telling everyone to shut up. :poke: :D

Archived