Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I love Brunell

SkinsNoles21

on the sidelines....

This isnt a joke thread, he was going nuts on the sideline pulling for the Skins today and I know he was talking to some of the players, mainly Campbell, making sure they keep their head up and play tough.

I dont know whats up with Mark, he just didnt seem to have that passion when he was on the field. But maybe I am wrong and the passion is there, he just doesnt have the talent anymore.

I am comfortable with Mark as our backup for the next year or so, and Campbell at the helm.

A first round qb leading the team with a veteran backup who has seen it all.

Solid.

Relax Skins fans, the future isnt as bleak as many of you think it is.

Well, its obvious to everyone now, that one player can make a big difference. I was tired of the Brunell lovers who kept insisting it was more than him. Sure it was more than him, however, he was the biggest problem in our offensive ability to score toucdowns. I am just elated that JC has stepped into the job, with confidence, and has shown to be the man. Like I have said in other threads, hindsight is always 20/20, but Campbell should have started 2 months ago. It's just so nice to see someone throw the football downfield with authority, and make the defenses honor the deep threat. It's how you keep defenses on their heels.

Well, its obvious to everyone now, that one player can make a big difference. I was tired of the Brunell lovers who kept insisting it was more than him. Sure it was more than him, however, he was the biggest problem in our offensive ability to score toucdowns. I am just elated that JC has stepped into the job, with confidence, and has shown to be the man. Like I have said in other threads, hindsight is always 20/20, but Campbell should have started 2 months ago. It's just so nice to see someone throw the football downfield with authority, and make the defenses honor the deep threat. It's how you keep defenses on their heels.

This could be the most ignorant post ever on this board, which would put it among the handful of most ignorant posts in the history of this here internets.

Brunell is where he should be at this point in his career. On the sideline as a competent veteran backup.

He seems to be getting used to it. He's a very high priced one as well so I guess that makes it a lot easier to get used to.

Guest Rafterman
This could be the most ignorant post ever on this board' date=' which would put it among the handful of most ignorant posts in the history of this here internets.[/quote']

There's nothing ignorant about it the dude makes some good points.

Brunell is where he should be at this point in his career. On the sideline as a competent veteran backup.

He seems to be getting used to it. He's a very high priced one as well so I guess that makes it a lot easier to get used to.

Dont forget he also restructured his contract once to free up money for fa's. Also he has beat the cowboys 3 out 4 one of which was the 35-7 waxing at fedex last year. He is classy and gives to charity but it was his time to be the backup.He got pounded by the dc fans and press yet took it in stride and if the defense played like this all year in all likelihood he would still be starting. Don't get me wrong I think the offense has more options with campbell but brunell got **** on here.

If MB put up the same numbers that Jason Campbell did today there would be a bunch of low lifes on this board trashing him.

Oh wait. They are trashing him.

we had more runs than passs plays but thats not even the issue.

did u not see the gmae or u just go by the numbers? well even with numbers say 2 TDs and 1 INT. whats wrong with that. back to the point. main difference is, JC doesnt run and throw the ball to the sideline. he doesnt freak out get rid of it , when he feels little pressure and he can avoid the rushes. he makes the o-line better and the zip on the passes is clearly better than brunell. he seems calm and poised in the pocket. pocket presence is great. signs likes that is what makes me hopeful for the future. oh yeah above all, JC 24, brunell 36. u do that math

This could be the most ignorant post ever on this board' date=' which would put it among the handful of most ignorant posts in the history of this here internets.[/quote'] not to be rude but in my nearly 1 year ive been here ive seen MUCH more ignorant posts mainly from a guy named who del, bt thats besides the point. a much more apropriate phrase would be, "this is one of the most ignorant posts i've read in my time here". its less presumtuous (sp) and comes off cleaner.

edit: as for the topic, i've liked brunel from the get go, and only doubted him during the middle of 2004. i still think that while he was having his own problems this year, mainly with his acuracy and descisions rather than his ability, he was still not a glaring eyesore as some claim. i am very happy that campbell, a very young and good QB, is starting; its his time. but brunel will still remain a good player, a classy guy. while i don't think that he was the imidiate problem i am looking forward to the campbell era. kudos to brunel for being a true sportsman and a profesional. it doesnt go unnoticed budy.

Archived