Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFC just got more interesting

skinsmania123

Makes for an interesting question.....with the Cowboys at 7-4 and the Giants at 6-5, who do Skins fans cheer for next week in the NY-Dallas game, particularly if the Skins win the 1 pm game? I know just about everyone on here says cheer against Dallas at all costs, but right now it looks like we have any possibility of a wild card run in us, it would be best for NY to lose.

Getting 2nd in the division will be necessary to get the wild card. Giants likely lose to the Cowboys next week. Cowboys likely beat the Eagles at home.

Like it or not, if the Cowboys are victorious over the Eagles and Giants it will help our chances at this point more then Dallas losing, since we can actually still peg losses on the Giants and Eagles.

Oh yeah, and we have to win too :silly:

Makes for an interesting question.....with the Cowboys at 7-4 and the Giants at 6-5, who do Skins fans cheer for next week in the NY-Dallas game, particularly if the Skins win the 1 pm game? I know just about everyone on here says cheer against Dallas at all costs, but right now it looks like we have any possibility of a wild card run in us, it would be best for NY to lose.

yeah, i think it will be best.. especially if we can beat ATL next week. If we can go 6-7 with NY and the rest of the NFC struggling, then things will get very, very interesting.

The thought of Dallas taking the division makes me cringe.

i know but what else can you do? Everybody else (especially in the east) Sucks. Even Dallas, really isn't as good as advertised. They have a budding young QB, but they aren't consistant enough to make a serious run. Lets see what happens.

We want The Giants to win next week. They are overall weaker and it looks like Dallas is going to win the division now.

In order for us to even have the slightest hope at a wildcard we'll need to win out, so one Giant win isn't going to cripple us and that would put Dallas back within reach...

im in NY market so I saw the end of this game. IN a word - unreal. You must check out the highlights.

first of all, in NY/NJ, the Giants have been in the frying pan with the media all week because of tiki barber's comments about the coach, the play of Eli, and some players giving up and then to see what happened at the end of this game.

1. Eli makes a terrible INT and is outplayed by rookie VInce Young

2. P. Burress, fresh off last week, where he decided not to tackle someone on an INT, gives up on a pass route that gets picked off and only half heartedly tries to tackle again, which the defender broke free from.

3. By far, the weirdest play of all: rookie M. Kiawanuka had V. Young for a sack late in the game which woulda/coulda put the game out of reach for the Titans. He had Young wrapped up. And then simply let him go. Just unwrapped his arms as if he heard a whistle or something and Young scrambles for a first down. You have to see footage of that play - it will be on every highlight show - strangest play you've seen.

We want The Giants to win next week. They are overall weaker and it looks like Dallas is going to win the division now.

In order for us to even have the slightest hope at a wildcard we'll need to win out, so one Giant win isn't going to cripple us and that would put Dallas back within reach...

Please explain your logic. If Dallas is going to win the division, how does a New York win help us in the wildcard race?

Please explain your logic. If Dallas is going to win the division, how does a New York win help us in the wildcard race?

Think about it...

It helps is both in the division and the wild card... And I explained my logic in my previous post.

We need to win out. That puts us at 9-7.

A Giants win gives them win #7, still below the magic number of 9. And since we play them again, and it's assumed we win due to the fact we need to win out...

A Cowboy loss puts them at 7 wins, still below the magic number of 9.

We would obviously need both teams to lose a few more games, but a Giant win gives us hopes for a wildcard and an NFC East Title. A Cowboy win limits us to one small hope.

I would rather see the Giants win over the Cowboys ANY DAY!!! I just truly hate Dallas. I hope all of the bad things in football happens to them, and only them. And whoever else is playing against the skins.

:dallasuck:eaglesuck:gaintsuck

Archived