Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

vernon fox

He played well, but he also benefitted from some much needed pressure on the QB too.

His pick came directly because Delhomme through the ball earlier than he wanted to.

Yeah so did Taylor's pick, and Rogers with a pass rush looked like Deion Sanders breaking up passes and taking the other team's best WR out of the game. Everybody on defense benefitted today by the D-Line getting pressure. Fox played about as well as Taylor did with the D-Line getting to Delhomme. Give him some credit, Archulet-down would have been way out of position on that interception whether the line got pressure or not.

The interception was nice but what I liked about Fox being in there today was the unseen...this is the first game this year that you did not see receivers running away from our guys with ease down the middle of the field...I know that Cooley wil probably get the player of the game for his catch but I think that Fox and Rogers were more deserving.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I was trying to watch for him, but couldn't really see much. Of course he had the pic, and a couple of nice tackles, but other than that I couldn't really tell. I'd like to here from someone that was at the game.

Here is something I found that was written and put on Baltimoresun.com..

After 5 years, Redskins' Fox gets his turn..

Perennial special teams player might start Sunday at safety

ASHBURN, Va. // He came quietly toward the end of the winless preseason for the Washington Redskins, a late-summer addition to shore up a shaky special teams unit that had been burned for a touchdown on a kickoff return by the New York Jets as well as a couple of other long punt returns.

Vernon Fox has made a five-year NFL career of staying under the radar, noticed enough by coaches and teammates to earn a steady paycheck without hearing his name called often on a P.A. system or his number called to play his natural position - safety.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.redskins24nov24,0,7409346.story?coll=bal-sports-football

This guy came in last week and had a few pops on the Bucs and everyone could only talk about how no one wanted him. I sawq him fired up against the Bucs also, he played just as hard against them as he did against the Panthers. He played his guts out, I think he is going to be one of our home grown talents, and I think thats awesome but it also worries me, because we always let those get away. I think we should keep him in the starting line up, he played hard, almost had 2 interceptions, and was getting some big hits. What was great is you always see #21 in on every play and this game you saw both #21 and #39 by the ball all the time.

I would like to say that I am thrilled about Vernon, man that guy is my buddy...I've gone to school with tat guy since the 7th grade, he used to play for the bombers back in the day during pop warner football. The crazy thing is back then he was an Eagles fan so I wonder how he feels about them now hahahaha!

He was born out here in Las Vegas and intended Cimarron-Memorial High, he was the stud on the football team, 1st team all runningback and track star, not mentioning that he also was 1st team all free safety in the state of Nevada.

Hes a real cool guy...and very intellegent, that guy got straight A's in school man. Finished with a socialogy degree at Fresno State and started there as well. If you guys want to see a funny pic of him in high school I can post it, but hes not in uniform, unfortunetly the ones in uni are in my year book or on my team pic in a frame and I don't know how I would put that under the scanner and resize it ya know, but I'll find a couple and post them...glad you like his performance today, its nice to see the nice things you guys say about him.

Now don't think I hang out with him all the time cause we don't, I only would see him if I run into him out here in Las Vegas, cause we haven't talked in a few years, his family still lives up the street from me, anyways let me find those pics..I'll be back soon!

He is a great addition to the team, he plays hard every game and isn't money hungry like some of these fools, hes also a big religious person, which explains why he thanks god for his opportunities in life. I would love for him to stick around, hopefully he'll get that contract extension when the time comes...one last thing he was named special teams captain back in Detroit!

Nice win guys...HAIL TO THE REDSKINS, next up Atlanta...

He played alright... on a scale of 10, i'd give him a 7.5

He was very good against the pass. He was suspect against the run. The Panthers did not establish the run and did not use a lot of playaction today, so our secondary was spared for the most part. The jury is still out.

You can't make a career after one game.

Then what do we make of the AA signing?

Is the front ofc doing any homework?

I think they put us further in the hole with their off season moves.....

we cant cut him, who wants him?

To pay him that much to play Spc Teams is crazy.....

Our front Ofc is 'Lunchin'

He was suspect against the run.

From what I've seen so far, he's much better than Vincent against the run. It seems like when Vincent makes a tackle against a rusher, he gets pushed back an additional 2 yards. Not so with Fox.

Granted, we need to see a lot more of him to judge if he's an answer there, but so far he's done pretty good for himself.

Jason

Archived