Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

list of the 06 free agents (danny in the candy shop)

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2674183

this is an espn article listing the free agents available after this season. quite a number of quality LBs, some O linemen, and other players here and there. who do you think we should grab/will grab from this list?

linebacker wise, cato june would rock. i think he already played with washington so itd be awesome for those two to reunite.

No MLBs on that list, and that's the only place where I see the Skins signing at LB.

Nate Clemmons looks like an obvious choice, considering his experience with Williams.

Cory Redding looks like an interesting name, who could provide good value at he position.

Interesting that there is no mention at all about Dockery on the list.

Jason

Hmmmm.... Looks like Clements will be Redskin, AND with the agreement he has w/ Buffalo to not apply the franchise tag, the Redskins will have to be VERY creative if they are going to give up their customary package of three draft picks.

LOL please God! I hope we don't overcompensate to get him like we did for Lloyd or Portis. Portis could have and should've been a man-up trade, no draft pick involved. Sigh...our F.O. is terrible. :(

That's a nice list. I did not know that Roderick Hood was a free agent. Now that's an interesting name and the perfect size (5'11'' 196lbs) CB that Williams' defense likes.

good call. him and michael lewis would be a great combo for the skins. taylor and michael lewis is a silly combination, plus anything to screw the eagles out of 2 great defensive studs is cool with me

hahaha...where is all the money coming from for this FA? You all have so much work to do in terms of the cap if you expect to be able to fit even 2 of these guys on the team. Those large signing bonuses and $31 million dollar contracts you hand out to 3rd receivers doesnt leave a lot of room.

Those "big contracts", so to speak, don't have a large cap impact until a few seasons later. At that time, the deal would either be redone, or the guy would be let go.

As for our cap situation, a lot of dead cap space will be coming off the books. Also, there are guys we can cut to save on cap space, and others where deals can be reworked.

I don't think cap space will be an issue.

Jason

Those "big contracts", so to speak, don't have a large cap impact until a few seasons later. At that time, the deal would either be redone, or the guy would be let go.

As for our cap situation, a lot of dead cap space will be coming off the books. Also, there are guys we can cut to save on cap space, and others where deals can be reworked.

I don't think cap space will be an issue.

Jason

ok the "big contracts" i am talking about also include this big signing bonuses which is garaunteed money. You release a player before that is paid off then you still owe him the money and it counts as a cap penalty which goes against the cap. so you either keep this players with the crazy signing bonuses for example, AA or you release them and take the hit.

another thing is that these guys "we can cut to make space" usually turn out to be players who actually are helping the team. Like Pierce, you let him go cause you didnt want to meet the money he was demanding in FA. So you let one of your contributors go and leave a hole just to take another player. So you gain one player just to lose another player which leaves another hole.

another thing is that these guys "we can cut to make space" usually turn out to be players who actually are helping the team. Like Pierce, you let him go cause you didnt want to meet the money he was demanding in FA. So you let one of your contributors go and leave a hole just to take another player. So you gain one player just to lose another player which leaves another hole.

Dallas gets on a roll and like clockwork - their know it all fans come out of their holes and start running their mouths about this, that and the other thing. Here's a hint - no one cares what you think. You're here to cause a stir and incite.

Dallas gets on a roll and like clockwork - their know it all fans come out of their holes and start running their mouths about this, that and the other thing. Here's a hint - no one cares what you think. You're here to cause a stir and incite.

ive been coming to this site for awhile now. i finally signed up because of some of the dumb posts i kept reading. And I honestly dont care if you want my opinion or not. I am here to bring you guys back to reality. And everything i said in this thread is truth. You can get mad at me for the way your owner handles his team or you can hold him accountable.

ive been coming to this site for awhile now. i finally signed up because of some of the dumb posts i kept reading. And I honestly dont care if you want my opinion or not. I am here to bring you guys back to reality. And everything i said in this thread is truth. You can get mad at me for the way your owner handles his team or you can hold him accountable.

Right, right..."coming to the site for a while now" and only signed up b/c of the "dumb posts". And bring us back to "reality." Congrats it looks like the Cowboys are going to win their first playoff game in a decade...

If the Cowboys were 4-7, there is NO way you would have joined.

Right, right..."coming to the site for a while now" and only signed up b/c of the "dumb posts". And bring us back to "reality." Congrats it looks like the Cowboys are going to win their first playoff game in a decade...

If the Cowboys were 4-7, there is NO way you would have joined.

and...and if the Boys do win one playoff game and thats it, that is not something I am going to be bragging about the rest of the offseason. I dont care if they win one playoff game. The point of the NFL and every team is to win the SB. You dont get a trophy for winning one playoff game. You wont look back on a season ten years later saying, remember when we won that one playoff game.

and...and if the Boys do win one playoff game and thats it, that is not something I am going to be bragging about the rest of the offseason. I dont care if they win one playoff game. The point of the NFL and every team is to win the SB. You dont get a trophy for winning one playoff game. You wont look back on a season ten years later saying, remember when we won that one playoff game.

It's interesting you were no where to be seen last year, even though you've been "coming here for a long time" or you weren't here after the 22-19 miracle, even though you were "coming here for a long time"

Just admit it - you're like 98% of the other Cowboys fans that post here - you're here to rub Skins fans nose in the dirt. And when the Cowboys start to lose again - you'll disappear.

How long before this shinning example of cowgirl fandom gets his own, custom made avatar for his troubles? :laugh:

I think:

CB Nate Clements (Buffalo) is a no brainer considering Rogers performance and Springs' age and injury potential, not to mention that he's a Williams guy. He's gonna coast though!!!!!

OG Kris Dielman (San Diego): we need O-line depth and he may come at a reasonable price.

DE/DT Cory Redding (Detroit): If he only averaged 4.5 sacks a year he's already outplaying all of our DE's. Don't think this guy will break us; matter of fact he should come cheap.

These signings along with Rocky starting next year and PP coming back from injury along with a safety in the draft should help us tremendously.

Now if we could somehow also get Calvin Johnson from Georgia Tech in the draft.............................................SWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

LOL please God! I hope we don't overcompensate to get him like we did for Lloyd or Portis. Portis could have and should've been a man-up trade, no draft pick involved. Sigh...our F.O. is terrible. :(

We were going to lose Champ, or Franchise him and lose other starters. We got Portis for a third rounder & and we got to keep our players.

Archived