Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

list of the 06 free agents (danny in the candy shop)

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

Dear Mr. Snyder,

Here are the list of players (with explanations) of whom I want for the offseason.

1A. WLB Cato June - Warrick Holdman is not getting it done. I know we drafted Rocky this year, but he has been lights out on Special Teams and we don't know what he can do on Defense. Also, Cato has played with Marcus while he was playing in Indy.

1B. WLB Lance Briggs - See Above. If we can't sign Cato or if Lance is cheaper we can go this route.

2A. DT Robaire Smith - A nice star alongside Griff while we continue to develop Montgomery and Golston. He should come at a bargain price.

2B. DT Cory Redding - See above. If he is cheaper he would be the way to go.

3A. CB Nate Clements - He is better than Rogers and knows Gregg Williams' Defense. If Springs goes down he can cover #1 receivers.

3B. CB Asante Samuel - See above. In the event we cannot sign Clements we get this guy.

4A. OG Kris Dielman - He's a Gibbs guy plain and simple. Hard working and athletic.

4B. OG Eric Steinbach - He is probably going to be expensive, but he has started more than Dielman and is a proven Guard.

5. TE Daniel Graham - Better blocker than Fauria and has better hands. Would be great in run situations and in situations where Cooley needs a breather.

If you can get at least 3 of these guys signed it would be greatly appriciated.

Sincerely,

Titaw

FA's:

Clements, Dielman, Graham

Draft:

1.)DE - either Gaines Adams or maybe move down a few spots pick up a #2, and #3 and draft Lamaar Woodley #1, #2 draft one of the 3 at MLB Patrick Willis, H.B. Blades or David Harris, and w/the #3 draft Aaron Rouse(VT product) at S....

Vince Hall would be an stellar choice in the draft in my opinion, the only thing is I am not sure where he is projected to go. I know he is only a Jr., but everyone around Blacksburg thinks he will forego his senior year and enter the draft.

This is the problem with this team. Why keep looking at FA's. Start developing talent through the draft and not getting high priced FA's. You can't win without developing a chemistry first

I'd love to see that happen as well...but this organization is all about creating "buzz" in the off-season & seeing how many jerseys they can hold up during a press conference. Win now & the future be damned...I'd actually like to see us have a quiet off-season...maybe sign one or two players and then try to get some draft choices.

first off i never said anything about cap hell. And you couldnt keep either Smoot or Pierce if you were going to go after FA. So it was either washed up FA or Smoot and Pierce. Who would I rather have, Antonio or Lemar?? That is a tough one. Run stuffing corners? Good one. The giants went way over the top for Lavar, not Antonio. And the difference between Antonio and Lemar has proven to be worth the money.

but again im not just making stuff up out of left field here. Danny boy signing these players with these huge bonuses is something he has really started doing more recently when it has been a tight fit under the cap. Every year in order to sign more free agents you will have to clear room some how. Someone explain how he is going to clear room without having to release people or just not resign certain players. Unless every player in their 3rd or 4th year on their contract is willing to restructure its going to be a problem. Capalogy 101. And then when you are forced to release those players with huge signing bonuses you still have to pay that garaunteed money and it counts towards the cap in cap penalties.

First off, we couldn't resign Smoot or Pierce, since teams knew we were strapped in the short term because of the Coles trade. We made our best offer, and they decided to go for the money. Would the Skins would have liked to have kept them? Sure. But, you have to have the player agree to it as well.

As for restructures, usually it is done so that they'd get their money, but it is easier on the cap. For example, roster bonuses get converted into signing bonuses and are spread over the life of the contract. The player usually doesn't have a problem with it, since they usually get their money.

Also, there are some players that we can release and get some savings from. Brunell, Jansen, and Patten comes to mind.

This isn't even including the 16m of dead cap space that is coming off the books.

While I don't think we can solve all the problems, we can certainly sign a guy here and there to help out with it.

Jason

Hasn't been an issue so far(cap) so F the Dallas troll. Every season the Skins are supposed to realize cap hell..it hasn't happened.

Clements interests me..and maybe Thomas from the Ravens. Since it says he's played all 3 LB positions and DE. I just hope we draft well with the few picks we have.

First off, we couldn't resign Smoot or Pierce, since teams knew we were strapped in the short term because of the Coles trade. We made our best offer, and they decided to go for the money. Would the Skins would have liked to have kept them? Sure. But, you have to have the player agree to it as well.

As for restructures, usually it is done so that they'd get their money, but it is easier on the cap. For example, roster bonuses get converted into signing bonuses and are spread over the life of the contract. The player usually doesn't have a problem with it, since they usually get their money.

Also, there are some players that we can release and get some savings from. Brunell, Jansen, and Patten comes to mind.

This isn't even including the 16m of dead cap space that is coming off the books.

While I don't think we can solve all the problems, we can certainly sign a guy here and there to help out with it.

Jason

they restructure to push more of the money into later years. that means the guy has to take a pay cut because he will be released before he ever sees that money. Everytime you release someone you take a cap penalty from the signing bonus unless the signing bonus has been paid off. Again I never said anything about "cap hell" so enough with that. But in order to go out and get like 3 or 4 FAs like everyone is talking about certain key players wont get resigned or they will be released.

the other problem with the team is that you have big name players in certain positions but then scrub off the street players in other. there is no balance. get good solid players through FA that might not be big name players but who will come in and contribute.

But in order to go out and get like 3 or 4 FAs like everyone is talking about certain key players wont get resigned or they will be released.

Well, personally, I don't think we will be getting 3 or 4 big free agents, for one thing. Maybe one or two.

As for our guys, Dockery, Betts and Duckett are the only ones that will be free agents. We will probably resign two of them.

the other problem with the team is that you have big name players in certain positions but then scrub off the street players in other. there is no balance. get good solid players through FA that might not be big name players but who will come in and contribute.

There aren't too many scrubs anymore in signifigant positions. Certainly, we could use some depth in some areas, but we aren't too bad off.

Jason

Once again another Cowgirls fan that thinks they understand football.

1. Smoot, and LaVar are not losses. Both have played sub-par since leaving and we wouldn't even want them.

2. Champ was going to leave regardless so we got a premier RB for him.

3. Pierce stepped his game up since leaving but at the time it wasn't that big of a loss. Who knows how he would've played had he not had that fired for not being re-signed by us.

As far as FA this year I would like to see 2 key signings on Defense. CB Clements as everyone has stated would be best but if he wants too much let him go and get Cato June. I think getting a better DLine player or Linebacker will help out CR and Springs.

Scott

ECU-ALUM

Hit it right on the head as well. Snyder really gets a kick out of seeing himself at the podium holding up another high priced FA's jersey. This doesn't work and each of season it gets everyone in the DC area fired up. The so-called experts of the league always say that this team is the preseason SB champs and why is that so? I wonder why

Now you have people in here arguing about the salary cap. People arguing about how Danny Boy gets around it each year. I don't know how long he has been the Owner but if you look at his track record its not good at all. This guy continues to bring in high priced talent and gets nothing for his return. Randel-El, Lloyd, Archeluta, Brunnell,Springs- whats the out put of them all=0

I didn't even mention how he is paying the DC and OC head coaches salary. He should just start developing talent plain and simple. Start drafting players and get them to grow together.

The skins could have a bright future in front of them, but if they continue to look at FA each year as the solution history will just repeat itself over and over again

Archived