Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell diverts the attention of how bad this team is...

skinsngibbs4life

and I love it!!! Our team is gawd awful. Yet, today when I was watching the game, I could care less about how bad our defense looked.

All I care about is Jason Campbell now. And with our season basically over, this change couldn't have come at a better time.

At a point in the season where I would usually be pissed that we are producing another underachieving team, I truley dont care.

Finally, for maybe the first time this season, we have hope again. Hope that maybe for the first time in 15 years we have finally found our franchise QB.

All I can say is that I am very happy about Jasons performance today, and hope that it continues. :point2sky

At this point wins and losses don;t mean anything. I was happy with the way the young QB played today. He didn't light up the world, and I didn't expect him to. I was disappointed with the rest of the team thinking that, much like in Dallass, where the team seemed to rally behind their new QB, ours would as well. We were flat, as usual this season.

and I love it!!! Our team is gawd awful. Yet, today when I was watching the game, I could care less about how bad our defense looked.

All I care about is Jason Campbell now. And with our season basically over, this change couldn't have come at a better time.

At a point in the season where I would usually be pissed that we are producing another underachieving team, I truley dont care.

Finally, for maybe the first time this season, we have hope again. Hope that maybe for the first time in 15 years we have finally found our franchise QB.

All I can say is that I am very happy about Jasons performance today, and hope that it continues. :point2sky

excellent post, and I hope he continues to impove and prove that he is our qb of the future!

The offense is, for the most part, fine. We may have to make 1 or 2 adjustments on the O-line, but I think this offense can for the most part go into next year and be fine, now that we have a real quarterback behind center. The defense, however, needs some serious work. We're talking about bringing in a top corner through free agency/draft, a linebacker through free agency, and a top d-lineman through the draft; and possibly more if we can trade our 1st rounder down. There's going to be some overhaul there. But even if we're starting rookies, we'll be better than we are now.

Agreed

This Oline and defense cannot be fixed this season.

They are what they are and we are just going to have to grin and bear it.

But we can at the very least enjoy the development of hopefully our franchise QB.

The rest of 2006 is all about Jason Campbell.

Nothing else really matters.

It would be nice to see Rocky McIntosh look like a player too... if he ever gets on the field.

If JC is any indicator, Rocky is probably the next Derrick Brooks, since Gibbs can't make the call to get him in the game for whatever reason.

Actually, it is Brunell that distracted people.

People focused on Brunell being the problem so much, that they ignored other aspects.

Just as I thought, JC doesn't make this team instantly better.

Jason

Your exactly right. They went on and on and on about Brunell and neglected to face the truth about the rest of the team.

From what I saw today, I didn't see much of a change in the gameplan.

Throws to the sideline: check

dumpoffs to the backs: check

Not many passes down the middle: check

Jason

I could have sworn Campbell threw a lot more passes downfield today. One was dropped by Lloyd, and a couple were overthrown.

Could be bias, but I'm pretty sure he took a few more shots downfield.

That first throw to Lloyd was beauty by the way. :D

Your exactly right. They went on and on and on about Brunell and neglected to face the truth about the rest of the team.

I never thought Brunell was the problem with this team. I actually thought he was having a decent season. The problem with this team is the defense, and then a poor running game on offense (probably due to injuries and a new scheme). The switch to JC was necessary though since the playoffs are out of the picture, we need to get him experience. And he showed us today that he can play.

But exactly like has been said, the problem with this team is a lot deeper than the QB. Anyone who thought that Brunell was the only problem is not watching the same Redskins I have been.

I thought it was funny that it was the first time we saw Duckett all year. Let's see............Saunders pondering his play book & going "look, we have another back"?!?

Portis & Moss are *******! Shame on you! The NFC East is still up for grabs & these overpaid idiots are nursing their egos!

Did you see Farve..........."I'll be back". Now there's a player, & his team sucks! No quit in that guy.

Bull Hockey.

Quit perpetuating lie after lie that the Anti-Brunell crowd made the claim that the defense wasn't a problem.

No one here has ever said that the defense didn't suck. Matter of fact, it's the Pro-Brunell crowd who always went around crowing that Brunell's play was not a problem, when it clearly has been except for a handful of games last season.

Quit perpetuating lie after lie that the Anti-Brunell crowd made the claim that the defense wasn't a problem.

Believe what you want, but after the Titans game, It seems most people believed that Brunell was a bigger problem than the defense, even tho the Brunell-let offense produced 22 points.

Fact is, from early on, people wanted to lynch Brunell. So, we change QBs, and guess what? Not much of a difference.

Jason

Archived