Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell diverts the attention of how bad this team is...

skinsngibbs4life

and I love it!!! Our team is gawd awful. Yet, today when I was watching the game, I could care less about how bad our defense looked.

All I care about is Jason Campbell now. And with our season basically over, this change couldn't have come at a better time.

At a point in the season where I would usually be pissed that we are producing another underachieving team, I truley dont care.

Finally, for maybe the first time this season, we have hope again. Hope that maybe for the first time in 15 years we have finally found our franchise QB.

All I can say is that I am very happy about Jasons performance today, and hope that it continues. :point2sky

So, I guess Brunell doesn't get the start over JC next week?

Bull Hockey.

Quit perpetuating lie after lie that the Anti-Brunell crowd made the claim that the defense wasn't a problem.

No one here has ever said that the defense didn't suck. Matter of fact, it's the Pro-Brunell crowd who always went around crowing that Brunell's play was not a problem, when it clearly has been except for a handful of games last season.

Ya you may have mentioned that the defense wasnt playing so hot in one sentence. And then you and the rest of the "future" sheep would ramble on for ten minutes about Brunell. We all knew that it was time go get JC in there but the second anyone wanted to talk about the defense they were called idiots. Because the only thing that you could talk about was Brunell. Well hes out and the team still sucks.

Ya you may have mentioned that the defense wasnt playing so hot in one sentence. And then you and the rest of the "future" sheep would ramble on for ten minutes about Brunell. We all knew that it was time go get JC in there but the second anyone wanted to talk about the defense they were called idiots. Because the only thing that you could talk about was Brunell. Well hes out and the team still sucks.

Yeah, when the topic of the thread is about the QB or Brunell, why would one ramble off topic and talk about a defense that sucks?

Wouldn't that belong in the "Defense sucks/performance " thread??

Get a grip..........

Yeah, when the topic of the thread is about the QB or Brunell, why would one ramble off topic and talk about a defense that sucks?

Get a grip..........

Lol thats because you guys wouldnt stop starting you "future" threads. As far as getting a grip I tried over and over again to discuss the defense with you and your fellow "future" posters. And it always resulted in you blaming Brunell. Those of us who tried to bring the problems with the defense up had a grip and a clue.

Except that it would quickly turn into a "Brunell Sucks" thread. (not to mention that the Brunell sucks threads seem to outnumber the defense threads.

Seriously, some argued that the solution to the defense was to get a QB that could score more points. :doh:

Jason

i have to be honest....i've been a diehard redskins fan since 1973......this loss didn't hurt me as bad as a couple of others did this season.....it didn't hurt, because, i saw the future of the organization today. jason campbell looked incredibly good. had some of our receivers caught his long bombs, this game would have been different. IT LOOKED LIKE IT TOOK ABSOLUTELY NO EFFORT FOR HIM TO THROW THE BALL 30-40 YARDS....WHAT A REFRESHING THING TO SEE.....this season is basically salvaged....let's see what jason campbell, tj duckett, brandon lloyd and a few others can do......

Lol thats because you guys wouldnt stop starting you "future" threads. As far as getting a grip I tried over and over again to discuss the defense with you and your fellow "future" posters. And it always resulted in you blaming Brunell. Those of us who tried to bring the problems with the defense up had a grip and a clue.

The defense has sucked all year. No one has said to the contrary.

Reading

Is

Fundamental

How many more defense sucks threads can there be on this board?? Just as many as the Brunell sucks threads.

So explain to me again how talking about defense when the thread topic is QB play is relevant??

You want to talk about how the defense blows? I'll discuss it with you all day long in the Defense sucks thread.

Except that it would quickly turn into a "Brunell Sucks" thread. (not to mention that the Brunell sucks threads seem to outnumber the defense threads.

Seriously, some argued that the solution to the defense was to get a QB that could score more points. :doh:

Jason

So time of possesion now has no bearing on any defense?

gotcha............

The defense has sucked all year. No one has said to the contrary.

Reading

Is

Fundamental

How many more defense sucks threads can there be on this board?? Just as many as the Brunell sucks threads.

So explain to me again how talking about defense when the thread topic is QB play is relevant??

You want to talk about how the defense blows? I'll discuss it with you all day long in the Defense sucks thread.

Your reading is fundamental insult is old. Its what you bring out everytime your called on your BS. You guys hijacked EVERY thread and turned it into a Brunell thread. And the topic of this thread was hoe JC diverted the attention away from the other problems on this team. Reading is fundamental. :rolleyes:

Your reading is fundamental insult is old. Its what you bring out everytime your called on your BS. You guys hijacked EVERY thread and turned it into a Brunell thread. And the topic of this thread was hoe JC diverted the attention away from the other problems on this team. Reading is fundamental. :rolleyes:

I never brought Brunell into the thread. You and your crowd did. ;)

Believe what you want, but after the Titans game, It seems most people believed that Brunell was a bigger problem than the defense, even tho the Brunell-let offense produced 22 points.

Fact is, from early on, people wanted to lynch Brunell. So, we change QBs, and guess what? Not much of a difference.

Jason

I would say that there is a difference. You are still bitter because you backed Brunell and he was benched.

I would say that there is a difference. You are still bitter because you backed Brunell and he was benched.

I dont think anyone wanted Brunell out there this week. JC looked pretty good. Thats why Im glad that Gibbs didnt have the knee jerk reaction that many on this board had. He waited until JC was ready instead of rushing him in.

Ok Brunell lovers...we all know the defense is bad and Brunell being benched did not impact that. However, do you not beleive that a more potent offense, one that can score more than 3 points gives a better shot at winning games given the poor defense?

We cant fix the defense but maybe we have a better shot at outscoring our opponent?

Despite all that we get Campbell some playing time, evaluate him.

No one said benching Brunell means we win out.

Awaits a bitter and Brunell biased response.

Ok Brunell lovers...we all know the defense is bad and Brunell being benched did not impact that. However, do you not beleive that a more potent offense, one that can score more than 3 points gives a better shot at winning games given the poor defense?

We cant fix the defense but maybe we have a better shot at outscoring our opponent?

Despite all that we get Campbell some playing time, evaluate him.

No one said benching Brunell means we win out.

Awaits a bitter and Brunell biased response.

How was I bitter or biased? I was all for benching Brunell. JC looked really good today. Im not sure that I would call our offense potent. 17 points isnt exactly lighting it up. That last drive was very smooth. I was impressed at how calm JC was.

This is all so very simple.

Earlier in the season when the defense struggled, we were coming off of back to back fine seasons with the D, it makes sense that one explaination for their poor play was that our offense (led by Brunell) was not possessing the ball and not scoring points.

Now, as the season has worn on and also now that we have all our "projected" preseason starters in the lineup and we still are horrible, that there is indeed a problem with this defense and Mark Brunell and the offensive woes of this team should not be held accountable for the ills of the defense.

That said, Brunell has been a weak link on this offense from his first snap in 2004 through his last snap (hopefully) last week in Philly. When the Skins began to lose this season, it became more and more clear that there was no reason for Brunell to continue to be playing when you had a player sitting on the bench that you've invested so much in.

What I find funny is that the people who defended Brunell by posting his numbers and saying he was having a good season and should get pro bowl consideration are now running away from that position.

Why do you now agree that Jason should be playing if you still insist that Brunell was not only not a problem, but was in fact having a pro bowl season?

Brunell has been a problem since 2004.

The defense has been a problem since 2006.

Simple

This is all so very simple.

Earlier in the season when the defense struggled, we were coming off of back to back fine seasons with the D, it makes sense that one explaination for their poor play was that our offense (led by Brunell) was not possessing the ball and not scoring points.

Now, as the season has worn on and also now that we have all our "projected" preseason starters in the lineup and we still are horrible, that there is indeed a problem with this defense and Mark Brunell and the offensive woes of this team should not be held accountable for the ills of the defense.

That said, Brunell has been a weak link on this offense from his first snap in 2004 through his last snap (hopefully) last week in Philly. When the Skins began to lose this season, it became more and more clear that there was no reason for Brunell to continue to be playing when you had a player sitting on the bench that you've invested so much in.

What I find funny is that the people who defended Brunell by posting his numbers and saying he was having a good season and should get pro bowl consideration are now running away from that position.

Why do you now agree that Jason should be playing if you still insist that Brunell was not only not a problem, but was in fact having a pro bowl season?

Brunell has been a problem since 2004.

The defense has been a problem since 2006.

Simple

I agree. I never suggested that Brunell was a pro bowler. But a problem is a problem an we have a big one on the defensive side of the ball.

Archived