Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McNabb's season is done. Put a fork in the Eagles..(Merged)

Westbrook36

I don't know how I feel right now. McNabb is the best QB the franchise has ever seen but he'll be 30 coming off of a major knee injury. With a blockhead for a coach.

It might be time to start this thing over again. New coach. New qb. New team. :(

McNabb comes across as the kind of guy who is still getting better, regardless of his age.

Sorry to all the Eagles fans out there. Despite the NFC East dislike for all teams other than the Redskins, I've always respected McNabb along with a few others. SUcks even more because he's my fantasy football QB! ;)

If it makes you guys feel any better, I tore my right ACL about 10 years ago and the doctors told me it would take about 6-9 months of rehab to be able to play sports well again and they were right. Granted, I wasn't playing pro sports but I'm sure McNabb will be intense with rehab and the docs know what they're doing. Just look forward to next season. He'll be back and as good as new. :applause:

It could happen. Carson Palmer's knee was worse, so it all depends on an individual's ability to heal. TO did it quickly.

TO didn't have any ligament damage that required surgery. The surgery was for a break. Palmer and McNabb also had the opposite knees injured. McNabb's injured knee is the same leg he uses to plant when he throws. Regardless, it's obvious Palmer's accuracy and consistency have both been affected this year.

TO didn't have any ligament damage that required surgery. The surgery was for a break. Palmer and McNabb also had the opposite knees injured. McNabb's injured knee is the same leg he uses to plant when he throws. Regardless, it's obvious Palmer's accuracy and consistency have both been affected this year.

Read above post about opposite knees. I already said that.

I was just using TO as an example of healing time.

No one can deny that he healed extremely fast for that injury. Some people heal fast, some slowly. Regardless of the type of injury.

Read above post about opposite knees. I already said that.

I was just using TO as an example of healing time.

No one can deny that he healed extremely fast for that injury. Some people heal fast, some slowly. Regardless of the type of injury.

I see almost no chance that McNabb will be the same player next year that he has been this year.

My hopes right now are:

He is close to the same level next year.

He regains his current state sometime over the course of his career.

The nagging thought right now is that we've essentially given away two years right in the middle of McNabb's prime.

I see almost no chance that McNabb will be the same player next year that he has been this year.

My hopes right now are:

The nagging thought right now is that we've essentially given away two years right in the middle of McNabb's prime.

Then it goes back to what we said earlier.

They have to get a QB. A real QB, either in FA or the draft. 100mil 10 year contract be damned.

The news on McNabb this morning was a bit of brightness amid obscurity. Not too much swelling and he should be able to have surgery in the next couple of days.

What surprised me was that he couldn't get up. Or maybe he was smart enough NOT to. When I tore mine, I was able to walk on it. Mine swelled up like a balloon though. Course I think I just held a cold beer against it and didn't have quite the medical support/advice Dmac has.

Here's to a speedy recovery. Hardest part is the psychological recovery.

My hopes right now are:

God, I hope Reid realizes this! Then maybe, just maybe, he'll think about getting a back, or backs, in here and change his offensive philosophy. Stop requiring McNabb to be perfect in order to win games!

McNabb's rehab will be 2 months ahead of Palmers, which is a huge amount of time. Provided he doesn't have any set backs, he will be fine for regular season. Don't see him being like he was against the Giants or Cowboys or Titans, but the Eagles shouldn't need him to be that way.

80%McNabb > over 1/2 of NFL QBs

Then it goes back to what we said earlier.

They have to get a QB. A real QB, either in FA or the draft. 100mil 10 year contract be damned.

I agree. Although not to take his place, but just because I think you should have a backup that could start. They're 100% better than last year, but still not good enough in my opinion.

God was McMahon awful.

You and I both know the Eagles most likely weren't going anywhere this year based on their poor, inconsistent play. And, until Reid changes his offensive philosophy, or at least gets a defense that is ridiculously good (Bears good) they probably won't go anywhere as well.

Anyway, it's JEFF GARCIA all the way baby!!!

We're going to beat the Colts.

Man is this good stuff I'm drinkin'!

You and I both know the Eagles most likely weren't going anywhere this year based on their poor, inconsistent play. And, until Reid changes his offensive philosophy, or at least gets a defense that is ridiculously good (Bears good) they probably won't go anywhere as well.

Anyway, it's JEFF GARCIA all the way baby!!!

We're going to beat the Colts.

Man is this good stuff I'm drinkin'!

We were a fatally flawed team this year, true. The NFC is so miserable that nothing was impossible, before this at least. This is the worst conference I remember in a while, so though we were far from good, we still had a chance.

We were a fatally flawed team this year, true. The NFC is so miserable that nothing was impossible, before this at least. This is the worst conference I remember in a while, so though we were far from good, we still had a chance.

At this rate, we could have Daffy Duck throwing passes to The Road Runner and make the playoffs.....that's how bad the NFC is this season....then again, R.R. catches like Reggie Brown...so how knows.... :doh:

At this rate, we could have Daffy Duck throwing passes to The Road Runner and make the playoffs.....that's how bad the NFC is this season....then again, R.R. catches like Reggie Brown...so how knows.... :doh:

You been smokin...

And laughing picturing Reggie running away from Wile E. Coyote saying "meep meep"

Archived