Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Skins at Bucs

Art

I feel like Campbell was playing more to please the coaches and 'not to lose'.

I don't think he ever really got loose. I did like what I saw though... I think he just needs to find himself, and more importantly, recognize HIMSELF as the leader of the offense, not the coaches/etc. HE'S the one who has to get it done.

I did feel like he loosened up on that final drive. Sure they were in prevent, but I got the vibe from him that he was just out there playing, not thinking.

I like the kid a lot... I think the future is bright. And I'm pretty damn happy, even though we lost.

I'm not overly impressed by Jason's performance. He did okay, don't get me wrong, but this hard-on most of the people on this board are getting smacks of the Romo sits to pee hype. Did Brunnel deserve to get the boot? Well, his record says yes, but I still think that had more to do with our so-called 700 playbook and the team's overall inability to play, but I'm just a fan. *shrugs*

Still, this was Campbell's first time out and he showed a cool head, which is always good. Here's to an overall improvement, from Al Sauders all the way down to Frost.

HTTR!

Defense sucks. Gibbs was right it wasn't just Brunell as now we have a good QB and the defense still sucks and so does Gregg Williams. How many times is he going to blitz 2 or 3 guys on a delay from the same side so they all can be 3 or 4 steps away from the QB when he throws. Why can't it be simple blitz with 2 guys coming from each side and 1 up the middle and let the offense decide who the block.

Bump and run when you blitz instead of that pathetic **** Rogers plays. Great play at the goal lone playing 8 yards back in order to let the guy cut right in front. Yeah yeah the ball was deflated but if he was playing on the goal line where **** head Williams should be coaching him to play they don't even attempt that play. You take that away and then what TB is going to do a fade with Galloway at 5' 8" I don't think so. Coaching is friggin horrible. I hope they didn't promise this clown Williams the job because I can see why he was 3 and 13 all his years at Buffalo. What a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We really need to fix our defense. No more Campbell/Brunell talk, that's over with now, doors closed. Teams used to just pass all day on us. Today, Tampa Bay stuck with the run, and they ran all over us AND passed all day over us.

I don't really want a large turnover in players again this offseason, I believe lack of chemistry hurts. But there are certain spots that definately need improvement. We are hurting at all 3 levels, Line, LBs and secondary.

Archived