Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Skins at Bucs

Art

I was impressed with Campbell today. There were quite a few dropped passes that might have made it a different ballgame. Granted, it was against one of the worst defenses in the league, but it was still a good start for him. Hopefully we have our first productive offseason in a long time (not too many moves) and we should be looking good for next year.

Im perfectly happy with the loss. Campbell looked very good for the most part. The defense continues to be an enigma. After being dominant for 2 years, it is a wonder why we suck so badly.

But anyways...we're 3-7 and that is good. We need a top first round draft pick and the ability to move down and pick up some extra picks. We're currently at the 6th pick overall. There will be tons of possibilities.

I was under the impression that we traded away our first round in one of the off season deals we made. Or is that just my mistake?

I don't think we can get anything for Betts b/c he's a FA next year. The only person we have that we could get anything for that I would think would be someone wanting to take a chance on Taylor...but I'm not sure I'd like to see us give up on him just yet. I thought Campbell looked pretty good today but a lot of his nbrs came on the last drive w/ the prevent on. So I'd definitely say the jury is still out, plus that Tampa D is about as bad as ours...but not quite. But it was nice to see the "deep out" thrown. Speaking of deep out...how far have we dropped to have Bill Maas and a couple other no-names on the call?

ss:cheers:

I agree the "D" sucks wind, what happened the number 2 rated defence we had a

year or 2 ago? All those guys went back to there old teams....why? Why can't we

keep some of those good players around for more than a year or two? We need some

continuity on this team, and not make major changes every year. Well, we only get

better when Dan Snyder realizes that a championship team cant be bought, it has to

be made.

I completely agree w/ continuity but the only problem we've got ourselves in now is that if we have continuity we'll have the same bad players for more than one year. We shall see but I say play Macintosh and anyone else that is young that could learn on the fly on D and see if any of them have potential.

Wow, it felt good to watch a team that actual has a quarterback. I felt as if we were in it the whole time with JC at the helm, but our defense let us down again by getting absolutely bullrushed by the 31st ranked running offense. :doh:

TJ Duckett needs to start!!!! Enough with this Betts "he could start anywhere in the NFL" talk. Anyone who says that from now on needs a good :slap: . Betts is too slow and cannot run people over like Duckett. He seems to lack necessary vision as well.

Kinda happy tho thanks to JC, here's to next year. :cheers:

Speaking of deep out...how far have we dropped to have Bill Maas and a couple other no-names on the call?

ss:cheers:

Omy god thank you for mentioning this, I almost punched my TV multiple times. He is hands down the worst color guy out there.

Wow, it felt good to watch a team that actual has a quarterback. I felt as if we were in it the whole time with JC at the helm, but our defense let us down again by getting absolutely bullrushed by the 31st ranked running offense. :doh:

TJ Duckett needs to start!!!! Enough with this Betts "he could start anywhere in the NFL" talk. Anyone who says that from now on needs a good :slap: . Betts is too slow and cannot run people over like Duckett. He seems to lack necessary vision as well.

Kinda happy tho thanks to JC, here's to next year. :cheers:

I agree with everything you said. It was great to no longer have to envy the fans of those other teams who have had the privilege of watching their young QBs develop. Now that us, too!

And Duckett should definitely be starting right now. After the season, keep Duckett, let Betts go.

I have video highlights of the Skins in the late 50`s/ early 60`s that might change your mind. They were not very good, but when they made a tackle or scored a touchdown, they didn`t act like a bunch of morons,punching their ticket to Canton!!!:doh: :doh:

wow, I believe you--so I'll restate in my time of viewing the Skins have I ever seen a worse performance.

And you are 100% right about the dancing. Case in point Cadillac, ran for 5 yards- tackled by MW and MW is on his knees post-tackle strutting/dancing.

That's a real pet peeve of mine.

Omy god thank you for mentioning this, I almost punched my TV multiple times. He is hands down the worst color guy out there.

I noticed the same and immediately turned down the volume on my television set and turned up the Sonny/Michaels/Huff broadcast. It was in perfect sink. :D

Jason Campbell did a great Job today Thanx if felt good to see the Offense Move the ball and Convert 3 downs that was great. Too Greg Williams Kick some on in the As* and get this D-Fense Fired up That Blitz on 3-4 was stupid play call when was it ok to put that BIG 3 down on the Secondary who can't covert a 2 year old crawling bad play call there

So 2 You Greg,you need to get into someone Bench someone or something D-fense need to tighten the F*CK UP cause the offense held up there end of the Bargen now it's your turn to help them out and STEP YOU GAME UP!!!

Hail To the redskins!!!!!!:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

I don't even know where to start when you talk about fixing this team for the future. Do you draft O-line, D-line, linebackers, cornerbacks- so many holes to fill. At least we're ok at qb (maybe) and RB (well do we keep Duckett or Betts)- nevermind- I don't know where to begin.

Archived