Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Skins at Bucs

Art

Mixed emotions, thought defense would play with more emotion. I could only listen to the game, but it seemed that the majority of passes were short or dump off passes. I would like to see more of a north south passing game. Of course, you need to establish the run first, which is difficult without CP. Think of these games as Preseason games for JC (with more at stake). I think he showed some potential. His confidence will grow as he plays more.The problems on this team go deeper than QB, but this is a start. Please don`t judge him on wins and losses the rest of the way. But you might want to judge the defense that way!!! They have gone backwards in a hurry!!!:doh: :(

Our initial contact on defense is AWFUL, they have poor fundamentals, the tackling absolutely sucks. The defensive play calls are not the problem, if we could actually tackle the guys on initial contact without either bouncing off of our guys or our guys getting dragged for an extra 10 yds, we would be ok

:mad: :mad: :mad: :doh: Unfortunately or fortunately I didn't get to see the game...I just listened to it over the net. I have been a Skins fan for the better part of 30 years....WE SUCK!! JC did well but where was our D? I say start all the rookies and put those who don't want to play out to pasture....starting with Carlos Rogers.

it sucks that we lost, but i'm very happy with JC's perfromance. just think what the score would have been with Brunell in there. the Defense is our biggest issue now. whats up Greg ? whats your bring home pay each week, to achieve these results ? how many of us would have a job after conitnued performance. He should be a Walmart greeter ...

That was the MOST pathetic display of D that I've ever seen by the Redskins.

And this includes the Pettibone HC year, The Norv/Mike Nolan years, The Spurrier/non-Marvin Lewis year.

Greg Williams BETTER start Mcintosh next week. Skins ought to cut Archletta now and whoever made the STUPID move NOT to resign Clark and bring in AA should be fired.

Campbell played a great game with minimal blocking and no run game (until THEY FINALLY put in Duckett) and no D.

Who's to blame......coach Gibbs. Why no Duckett until the 3rd QTR? Are we a run team/pass team? Where is our identity?

When Coach came back to the Redskins I was happy b/c I was hoping he'll bring the team back to the attitude of the team and not me first $$$$ FA.

In 2005 I thought we had accomplished this, looks like we've gone back to 2004 and past.

Where is the attitude, where is the heart?

did 11-7 and a 2nd round playoff game satisfy this team into complacency?

What the hell is wrong with this team and NO you can't blame injuries. Most of the healthy guys have been playing like this all year.

I have video highlights of the Skins in the late 50`s/ early 60`s that might change your mind. They were not very good, but when they made a tackle or scored a touchdown, they didn`t act like a bunch of morons,punching their ticket to Canton!!!:doh: :doh:

Jason Campbell will only get better with time. The offense will do as they will do; running game will have to do its best with what they have. That's your job Al Saunders. Defense definitely needs work and inspiration. That's your job Greg Williams. The team will have to hang in there as a team for the rest of the year and mess up some opponents' post season plans. That's your job Joe Gibbs. And to stand behind the greatest sports team in history is our job, even though they are not too far from stinking up the NFL this year of 2006.

:logo: HAIL TO THE REDSKINS! :logo:

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :vikesuck: :saintsuck :packsuck: :lionsuck: :chiefsuck :cardsuck: :brownsuck :billsuck: :bearsuck: :coltsuck: :jagsuck: :raidersuc :texansuck :ravensuck :jetssuck:

Im perfectly happy with the loss. Campbell looked very good for the most part. The defense continues to be an enigma. After being dominant for 2 years, it is a wonder why we suck so badly.

But anyways...we're 3-7 and that is good. We need a top first round draft pick and the ability to move down and pick up some extra picks. We're currently at the 6th pick overall. There will be tons of possibilities.

It's funny, I never thought I would feel as good as I do with a Redskins lost. Why? For the first time, I see that we're building towards something, even if it's next season.

Oh, and btw, I guess you can throw the ball long even with the opponent in that sccaaary Cover 2. :)

Archived