Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Running backs - fresh legs

dfbovey

This could possibly be an advantage over the next 7 games. Where as alot of other players might be fatigued by the long season, Betts and in particular Duckett will have fresh legs going down the stretch. Could be a factor to cancel out the loss of Portis to a degree.

I've actually said this is a couple of different threads. I don't even think Duckett is very good, but I expect him to look very good over the next couple of games. NFL history is full of lot's of players that played high impact positions (RB, DL, and OL) that had good 2nd halfs and never did anything again. Being fresh is a big advantage.

I think Betts and Duckett are both above average backs. Neither are great and both are kind of specialty backs. But together, if they are used to take advantage of their strengths... it could be a very good duo.

My only real concern about either of these guys is that neither one of them are very good blockers. With an inexperienced QB back there, that's concerning.

Duckett's skill package is a much better fit and complement to the skills of Portis than is Betts'. Portis has been beaten up running inside the past 2.5 years. The Redskins really need a 250 pounder like Duckett to take some of those runs for Portis and allow Saunders to call more plays to the outside for #26 to take advantage of his playmaking ability.

great... fresh legs... isn't the purpose of depth to have fresh legs.. we had have fresh legs since preseason, despite the portis injury.. cartwright, duckett and betts.. other teams would love to have this problem.. We dont know even how to handle this situation.. it shows you what kind of coaching staff we have.. duckett has been fresh every week with the amount of work hes been geting.. this is just another excuse made by us and the coaches..

Archived