Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell in practice this week?

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

well i heard that this is all a joke by Mr gibbs and that MB is really gonna start. He is just trying to throw the bucs off a little.

haha seriously, thatd be the funniest thing ever. or maybe theyd put brunell in campbells jersey, or vice versa.

"man, that new black stud quarterback looks awfully old and white to me....."

"man, brunell somehow changed into a youthful black man with a cannon for an arm. its crazy what a week of practice can do!"

That's good and all but has Brunell taught him the three yard swing pass on third and seven? Everybody knows that's the staple of our offense. If Campbell starts going ten yards he's defeating the purpose of playing QB for the Skins.

he hasn't gotten that far yet, that's page 432 of the playbook, he's still mastering pages 1-431

Not that I would really read into this to much but 980 had a 20/20 update and Gregg Williams said he was very impressed with the way Campbell handled himself in the wet weather and looked really good. Again I would not take to much from this but I like hearing everything I can about how our new man is doing. The one bad thing though is they had to cut practice short, he needs all the reps he can get with the first team.

"We're going to tweak the offense quite a bit," Saunders said, "because Jason is a very different quarterback than Mark. We'll do things that we think he's strong in. I've already told him that his only job is to get the ball into the hands of the playmakers. He doesn't have to do this himself."

haha translation: mark cant throw the friggin ball down the field, thank god now we have someone who can.

We can only speculate, but I'm under the impression that Al Saunders was a significant driving force behind this change. I think Al felt, and perhaps justifiably so, that he could not implement or execute his offense effectively with mark B.

We can only speculate, but I'm under the impression that Al Saunders was a significant driving force behind this change. I think Al felt, and perhaps justifiably so, that he could not implement or execute his offense effectively with mark B.

I think you are 100% correct.

I think Al S is super pissed that JC is going in instead of his boy Todd Collins.

It sounds to me that he is going to scale back the offense...

I really never understood that to be honest. I mean Al lobbying so hard for the guy that came with him. He knows the playbook well. So what? The guy is a career backup for a reason. Anyone could memorize the playbook front to back given enough time but that means absolutely nothing if they don't have the ability in gametime to implement it. We all saw Collins in preseason. He panicked in the pocket, threw some horrid passes, and looked completely out of his league...and this is against 2nd or 3rd string defenses. He is also relatively old and if he had a real QB career he would be nearing the end of it probably. Why bring in another old guy (this one not even a proven QB in the past) as a band-aid instead of grooming the young guy? Makes no sense.

Anyone heard anything about how hes looked in practice this week? im surprised i havent heard anything about how hes looking. if anyone has any info please let me know.

http://www.redskins.com/news/multimedia.jsp ( Daily Practice Cam )

Another thread turned me on to this link , I know it's limited footage of the entire day of practice , but it gives you a look. Is it just me or does JC have an odd pre-snap stance?

Archived