Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is anyone else scared about the future?

mrhogg

We have some HUGE gaps to feel. We have alot of ageing players, with not enough draft pics to replace them. Our O line is what scares me the most. Jansen and Samuels have already lost two steps and are declineing. It is so hard to draft stellar O linemen. It is hit and miss. Remember 3 years ago? We took alot of O line. How many are starting now? Better yet, how many are even on our roster? Springs is about done. He is old and can not stay healthy. Our d line could use some help also, even though I think Goldston will be a STUD! Rogers was brought here to have 3 years of learning how to become a shut down corner to take Springs spot at #1 Cb. I do not think he is a GREAT # 2. I do believe he will develop as a good # 2 in the future. He just needs to work on that cushion and learn how to back peddle and take off running with quick speed from the side. I dont care if our kicker made the game winner, he still SUCKS! Frost scares the piss out of me. He shanks one out of 4 or 5 punts BADLY. How long is it going to take to fill all these holes? Where do we start? I am not trying to be negative, just concerned. I wanted some feedback from the experts. Thanks.

I am not scared, but concerned.

We don't have any draft picks in 07, but who know's maybe we trade our

#1 for picks in later rounds. Also, we have had luck with undrafted rookies ex. pierce.

Who knows maybe we won't have drafted players, but there is nothing wrong with obtaining talent w/ undrafted rookies. Sometimes these guys play w/ more heart b/c need to survive$

HTTR :cheers:

Yes, I'm very scared. We have no defensive line. We have no offensive line, and one good corner. Rogers is a bust and Jimoh, Wright, AA, are all third stringers at best. We have one decent linebacker. Rocky needs to play so we can see what he can do. Maybe he will be our second good linebacker. We have no kicker, and no quarterback. Jason Campbell was okay for one year at Auburn. In my opinion, we will find out in 3 or 4 games that he is not what everyone thinks.

Yes, I am terrified of the future, but I have been ever since 1992.

I think you will see massive cuts in the offseason. A lot of these players will be gone before next season. We need depth at O-linemen, D-linemen, linebacker, starting corners, free safety, and QB. I think we need new kickers also. You also might even see Joe Gibbs resign as head coach and just be the GM. I don't think he is doing a good job at being both.

Guest Rafterman
I think you will see massive cuts in the offseason. A lot of these players will be gone before next season. We need depth at O-linemen, D-linemen, linebacker, starting corners, free safety, and QB. I think we need new kickers also. You also might even see Joe Gibbs resign as head coach and just be the GM. I don't think he is doing a good job at being both.

No matter how good an HC Gibbs was, he sucks as a GM.

Yeah...I'm a bit concerned....I just dont understand such a significant drop off from one year to the next - with an apparent drastic improvement to the "O"......something is missing with this team this year....I just cannot figure exactly what it is.......team chemistry....coaches too soft....bad luck.....MB....D line.....secondary.....O line......lack of heart.....I just dont know...

Shawn Springs hasnt lost anything he was hurt earlier this year...atleast he doesnt give recievers a 10 yd cushion like rodgers thats who id worry about lol.

The O-line isnt that hold there good for atleast 3 more years

And as long as joe gibbs is coach there wont be another GM sorry guys thats the way Joe is!

Am I the only one who thinks our defense has played pretty decent the last two games???

They have gotten a little better the last couple games, but they are still struggling on giving up the long play and stopping 3rd downs when it is 3rd and long.

As for being scared about the future...just look back to the past, specifically 1993 till now. Things can't really get much worse...can they? :twitch:

...Things can't really get much worse...can they? :twitch:

A lot is riding on JC being good. If he's not, then either (1) Brunell will return next year as starter or (2) the Skins need to find two new quarterbacks in addition to their other problems. I think that's why JG wanted to groom him as long as possible and start him in a game where he has a decent chance to win.

A lot is riding on JC being good. If he's not, then either (1) Brunell will return next year as starter or (2) the Skins need to find two new quarterbacks in addition to their other problems. I think that's why JG wanted to groom him as long as possible and start him in a game where he has a decent chance to win.

1) Brunell won't be back as the starter next year. The ONLY way Brunell will be back next year is if he helps Jason Campbell mature as the starting QB for the rest of this season.

2) The 'skins will probably need to find 2 backup QBs for JC next year anyways. Brunell's age is showing badly. And they should have never kept Todd Collins....he's very bad.

As long as Snyder owns this team, I will be concerned. At this point I think it's fair to say that he's not learned anything from his experience as owner. And on one critical point, he refuses to budge, so in the end it really doesn't matter who coaches this team. The team needs a GM, and nothing is more glaring than an owner who spends for everything BUT a GM. Clearly he wants to be "hands on" when it comes to constructing (i.e. buying fantasy picks -- not drafting no names) "his" team, and clearly he thinks he knows what he's doing. And every year we see the result: an underperforming collection of has-beens who often lay down and die like dogs against our most hated rivals, while Dan sits up in his box with Tom and Katie and whoever is in town, watches the show. Even the one big positive -- a Defense that was feared and had at last learned tackling 101, seems to have departed (that's probably the biggest mystery for me this year).

I do think the defensive lines needs retooling, but I am not sure much can be done to the offensive line with the exception of Dock. I can't quite gauge this offensive line in all honesty - they played exceptionally well against a good Jaguar D line one week and then resort back to being mediocre once again in the following weeks. Nature of the game I suppose - it's a week-to-week league...

Defensive line particulary the ends is the weakest group that is kinda getting a pass, we need DE's....increase Evans playing time and draft some guys.

Which requires point 2, hang on to your goddamn draft picks!!

Also the o-line will need to start looking for tackles and the secondary could use another corner.

And there needs to be a search for a kicker.

Yep, we got a lot to do.

Archived