Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wake Up! It Will Take A Boycott!!!!!

Cambl2Moss

WAKE UP PEOPLE! It is obviously going to take a boycott of the Redskins to see some real change from Snyder. He is not getting the picture that the fans are upset, becuase we all continue to attend the games, listen to his radio station, and buy his merchandise.

Before any of you call me a fair weather fan, think about that accusation. I AM A REAL FAN. A fairweather fan is back and forth, up and down on the teams success. I have stuck with this team strong for 15 straight years, and up until now I have supported all decisions/moves/stuck with us through the losses. A fairweather fan buys a Bruce Smith or Deion Sanders jersey becuase they are a big name signing...., not like the Riggins, Sonny, Gus, Terry Allen, Monk, Moss, Stephen Davis and Doug Williams jerseys that I currently (yes, "STILL" for some of these) own. These are jerseys from guys that were true skins...not just a shmuck looking for a fat payday. I am not a fairweather fan, but it will take dramatic change by us the fans for Snyder to wise up.

It will obviously hurt to turn our backs on the team we love, but we need to send the message that failure is not an option any longer. The team continues to fail (minus the one good season we had last year), yet Snyder lines his already deep pockets with the loyal fan base's hard earned money. AND FOR WHAT PRODUCT?!?!?! I am tired of saying that we will have a great season becuase of big name spending. I am tired of high hopes followed by empty promises. I never thought I would say it, but a boycott is necessary. Send Snyder the message that Vinny has to go. Send Gibbs the message that JC needs to start. Send g.willy the message that we hate his moves to sign Arch while letting a true Redskins slip to Pittsburgh...we hate that Pierce and Smoot are no longer skins. We need to send this message by A) not showing up to the games, B) listening to 980 for your skins fix C) skip out on buying his products for the rest of the year NO MORE LINING HIS DEEP POCKETS!

I love that we have been able to hit a billion dollars before any other sports franchise, but I would rather play our games in salvation army uniforms in the parking lot of a Safeway as long as we are winning games. Why do we continue to support this man after he has taken what Cooke built up, and completely demolished it into a heavily marketed batch of losing seasons. I love the players, and it will hurt to do this, but it is necessary and we need to start now. Call me a crybaby or dismissing this as a tantrum...but many of you know that I am right. Snyder is thinking "Why make a change when your team is making so much money?" And if you think that Snyder truly cares about our team, you might be a complete moron

all sports events now are expensive, outside of the nose bleed seats at the MCI Center and the mezzanine outfield seats at RFK for the Nationals.

is the money we have been shelling out each year for tickets equal to the enjoyment realized? outside of the run last year (mostly at home), not for some time.

when I recount my best memories of the Redskins very few of them are from Fedex Field.

it's a different feel from RFK where the crowd was a lot more a part of the game, and the Redskins and their fans were much more a real community of football fanatics, not merely big cats walking around with double breasted suits and $100 cigars.

all sports events now are expensive, outside of the nose bleed seats at the MCI Center and the mezzanine outfield seats at RFK for the Nationals.

is the money we have been shelling out each year for tickets equal to the enjoyment realized? outside of the run last year (mostly at home), not for some time.

when I recount my best memories of the Redskins very few of them are from Fedex Field.

it's a different feel from RFK where the crowd was a lot more a part of the game, and the Redskins and their fans were much more a real community of football fanatics, not merely big cats walking around with double breasted suits and $100 cigars.

EXACTLY!! no matter how much I hate the Eagles, I admire their fan base...its not filled with a bunch of pompous morons that came to the game to shmooze...their fans are blue collar, tough SOB's that come to support their team and hate anyone that disagrees with their opinion. IMO, DC should have this same mindset when attending games...im just fed up with the entire Redskins experience from top to bottom

Where is this bulldog, the club level?

I've never seen such an animal on the upper level.

i think the guy is talking about the

REDSKINS.COM TV

REDSKINS NATION

REDSKINS GENERATION

REDSKINS LATE NIGHT

REDSKINS .COM TV

REDSKINS GAME DAY

REDSKINS nightly news

Redskins confidential

Redskins blogs

REDSKINS CREDT CARDS

Redskins Tripple X

Redskins lunch

The 20 different Redskins stores( remember when there was only 1 in Wheaton)

WAKE UP PEOPLE! It is obviously going to take a boycott of the Redskins to see some real change from Snyder. He is not getting the picture that the fans are upset, becuase we all continue to attend the games, listen to his radio station, and buy his merchandise.

Before any of you call me a fair weather fan, think about that accusation. I AM A REAL FAN. A fairweather fan is back and forth, up and down on the teams success. I have stuck with this team strong for 15 straight years, and up until now I have supported all decisions/moves/stuck with us through the losses. A fairweather fan buys a Bruce Smith or Deion Sanders jersey becuase they are a big name signing...., not like the Riggins, Sonny, Gus, Terry Allen, Monk, Moss, Stephen Davis and Doug Williams jerseys that I currently (yes, "STILL" for some of these) own. These are jerseys from guys that were true skins...not just a shmuck looking for a fat payday. I am not a fairweather fan, but it will take dramatic change by us the fans for Snyder to wise up.

It will obviously hurt to turn our backs on the team we love, but we need to send the message that failure is not an option any longer. The team continues to fail (minus the one good season we had last year), yet Snyder lines his already deep pockets with the loyal fan base's hard earned money. AND FOR WHAT PRODUCT?!?!?! I am tired of saying that we will have a great season becuase of big name spending. I am tired of high hopes followed by empty promises. I never thought I would say it, but a boycott is necessary. Send Snyder the message that Vinny has to go. Send Gibbs the message that JC needs to start. Send g.willy the message that we hate his moves to sign Arch while letting a true Redskins slip to Pittsburgh...we hate that Pierce and Smoot are no longer skins. We need to send this message by A) not showing up to the games, B) listening to 980 for your skins fix C) skip out on buying his products for the rest of the year NO MORE LINING HIS DEEP POCKETS!

I love that we have been able to hit a billion dollars before any other sports franchise, but I would rather play our games in salvation army uniforms in the parking lot of a Safeway as long as we are winning games. Why do we continue to support this man after he has taken what Cooke built up, and completely demolished it into a heavily marketed batch of losing seasons. I love the players, and it will hurt to do this, but it is necessary and we need to start now. Call me a crybaby or dismissing this as a tantrum...but many of you know that I am right. Snyder is thinking "Why make a change when your team is making so much money?" And if you think that Snyder truly cares about our team, you might be a complete moron

Hell yea!!You tell them!!!I'm tired of the stupids!!!You are exactly right with the Pierce and Smoot comment!!Why the hell let guys like that go for a Adam Arc.that gets about the same contract they were wanting!!!After the Dallas win Gibbs was on there boasting about our free agency and the way we run our franchise!!!I will always love Gibbs but maybe a general manager is the better way.The truth hurts sometimes but we better start rebuilding with the draft and stop wasting money on over rated players.

real fans don't ***** either, more than half of this community is tired of these threads, please move on.

Wrong, real fans DO *****. Listen to the comments, listen to the radio, and pull your head out of your *** for once.

There is a difference between *****ing and venting, most anyone does or even can do on the radio is vent. I see the same games you do bud. Same plays, same mistakes, same losses so clearly my head is on my shoulders, eyes glued to the tube, right where it should be.

As I said earlier, move on.

There is a difference between *****ing and venting, most anyone does or even can do on the radio is vent. I see the same games you do bud. Same plays, same mistakes, same losses so clearly my head is on my shoulders, eyes glued to the tube, right where it should be.

As I said earlier, move on.

Dude, the guy is trying to make a valid point. That point is our owner is making too much money to really think about changing the way he governs the team. I'm not blind, all sports teams take advantage of their fans devotion to make money, but until he starts LOSING money I doubt he'll change.

Dude, the guy is trying to make a valid point. That point is our owner is making too much money to really think about changing the way he governs the team. I'm not blind, all sports teams take advantage of their fans devotion to make money, but until he starts LOSING money I doubt he'll change.

Now we can get somewhere, though trying to boycott isn't going to even show up as a blip on the radar, IMO. I am sure there has to be at least one head honcho up there that can say or do something. I am sorry if I may have come back as a jackass but posts asking for boycotts just don't make sense to me, I look at every skins fans as a brother or sister, love em all, so I appologize.

I am just as upset as the next person and yes, something does need to be done, but a boycott isn't it.

Its frustrating seeing (since Norv) the coaches other teams hired that are successfull.

Also the quality players that have been taken in the draft, and free agent role players to fill key positions. Dan Snyder has been putting together a team that will sell tickets, not win championships. Year after year we let key roll players go, even great young talent go for the high priced FA to sell tickets. Also IMO the hiring of Coach Gibbs to "save the franchise" is BS, unless save the franchise meand make Dannys wallet fatter.

Listen, I truely understand the displeasure with this team as they seem to destroy nearly every single sunday afternoon. Now, its no secret that Danny boy is a business man, and a damn good one at that. So, that being said, its ABSOLUTELY INSANE to assume that he doesnt care whether we win or lose. Gibbs has said it time and again that D. Sniddy has given the coaching staff everything and more than they have asked for. All he does is stroke the checks. Obviously someone thought it would benefit us to sign these free agents to big contracts, but you cant put that on Snyder. Our coaches have to take responsibility for that. The only thing I think he needs to do different is boot Cerrato, but I dont think thats going to happen.

The truth is, even if we didnt sign these big name free agents, we would still fill the stadium on sundays and you can bet your bottom dollar that Snyder knows this. So to think he's signing these big names just to sell tickets is silly. He could have saved himself a bunch of cash and we'd still show up.

I honestly think Snyder has been a great owner the past three or four years. He's hired a HOF coach and basicly left all the football decisions up to him. Like I said, the GM is about the only thing I see that Snyder needs to address. Other than that, and it hurts like hell to say it but, I think you need to direct your comments towards our beloved Joe Jackson Gibbs and his staff. Just my :2cents:

Hey, but don't worry because St. Joe will look at the tapes like he does every weekend because they are in this together. Also, Philly has good players over there and they are well coached and play with purpose. But, hey Joe is gonna get this right you know because it's hard "up here" and we're playing smart but we gotta look at the tapes and try to get this right. 'Cause you know we still have some games to play, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.

Coach gibbs, you are done, plain annd simple, and it's embarassingly apparent that you can't "get it anymore! Just go away, you were a great coach but you are done. Your press conferences make me puke, you don't even get mad, there is no way to gauge how much you give a damn if you even do at all.Who gives a **** how well you do in practice, and BTW, ALL teamns have good players and it's tough on all teams. Stop standing up there acting like a ***** and grow a pair and either fully commit to get a half way decent showing out of this team, OR JUST GO AWAY!!!

ALmost 90% of the posts on the 1st page of the thread were people from or near the DC area. I have never lived close to the skins to be able to see a home game. I have been able to see them play in Charlotte, Dallas, KC, Phoenix, and Miami though.

Its easy for you guys to talk boycott, but you have to remember the NFL is a legitmate cartel and a monopoly. Fans like me from all over the nation ( and world) will continue to buy redsking clothing and accessories. I spent about $700 in 2006 ordering off the internet.

My point is a boycott will not work.

If you do pull it off and that frees up 20 or 30 thousand tickets at home games, I would be the first one on the list to fly out and see them in your place.

Because in the end... Its a sports team. This stuff isnt life and death. These posts on here about the Redskins owe us a "better product"? Get real! For everyone of you "Fans" that stop buying stuff and stop going to the games, I will bet there is 4 or 5 of us that will take your place.

I cant say this enough. The NFL is not your typical business. Notice how no teams ever go out of business? Its a monopoly and still a business at the same time.

changes what???? Gibbs has been callin the shot from the go...... all he's done has supported him and open his checkbook for what GIBBS and GW wanted.. stop judging him for what he's done in the past... y is everyone on this site so anal about what people make is everyone that broke and bitter lol

Archived