Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it just me or does our team (coaches) play scared?

kcofdc

Every week on defense I see minimal blitzes because we are scared of another teams weapons.

Every week on offense I see us blaming the other teams use of the cover 2 as our excuse not to go down field.

To me that is not dictating the game. Maybe if we just went out and played our game we would be ok.

We played cover 2 today and the Eagles still threw the ball downfield. They didnt say OH NO THE REDSKINS ARE PLAYING COVER 2. The said we dont care if you want to play cover 2 you still have to stop us.

Please coaches stop coaching scared and make the other team stop you.

we have no secondary and on offense we have a quarterback that can't make basic plays down the field.

so, that means we lack the tools to be aggressive on either side of the ball.

sorry, amigo, this team needs an overhaul of talent at some critical spots before you can expect the Redskins to go toe to toe with contending teams on the road.

right now the Redskins are not competitive on the road at all. the losses to Dallas, NY and Philly were all ugly.

we have no secondary and on offense we have a quarterback that can't make basic plays down the field.

sorry, amigo, this team needs an overhaul of talent at some critical spots before you can expect the Redskins to go toe to toe with contending teams on the road.

right now the Redskins are not competitive on the road at all. the losses to Dallas, NY and Philly were all ugly.

i understand what you are saying, but starting with week one before any of these holes were obvious, we were playing the same way.

a lot of the signs were there in Week 1:

1. Pass rush that allowed Brad Johnson to set up and throw at will.

2. Spotty coverage down the field in the second half that turned a 13-6 lead into a 19-16 deficit.

3. An offense that failed to establish a consistent presence through the air and failed to establish a ground game to take control of what was a 13-6 game at the half.

4. Being beaten on both sides of the ball up front. The Vikings dominated the Redskins OL and DL in the second half of this contest.

It all started with JG being conservative. Which lead to selecting no mistake "Super Smart" as the starting QB and safe shorting passing for the last 3 freaking years.

It has also influence D. 1st year, we were blitzing / attacking all the time. 2nd year, some blitzing, but as soon as game was close, the D was dropping back and playing the percentage game. This year, what blitz.

know what it is. we are playing their game on the O and D side.. we give team too much respect. even if its the houston or tennesee.. they are a good team despite their record. they are a very good team. they have alot of good players on the the team. we need to come in with a attitude like we know who we are, we know the players we have. we know our offense.. look within our huddle instead of thinking what they are going to do,. let them play are game. a more fast approach..like al said, like basketball fast break.. but we are always winding the playclock to the last sec.. need to hurry up the offense. catch the defenses off gaurd.

Either the coaches don't trust the players, or the players just don't have the talent to make the plays they need to make. Either way, it's a bad situation. They do look scared. Gibbs gets that scared look on his face like a 2 yr old in toilet training does when he sees the toilet.

Perhaps we could get Cowher for next year. He looks to have worn out his welcome in Pittsburgh, but he is anything but scared. He'll yell and scream at his players and assistants when they need to be yelled at, and he will let the defense play aggressively. Oh, and he started a rookie QB.

Of course they play scared. They have no chemistry and no identity. The one constant on this team is throwing short passes on third down. I think other teams have figured that out by now, no?

How can they play with confidence when they don't even know what they are?

The pass rush is awful due to the Defensive line with less blitzes from the LBs & secondary.

Losing Arrington to the Giants lost us some athleticism in the pass rush and coverage game and it has hurt us more then anyone would have imagined.

But besides that, we would have to have the best defense EVER to win the way Brunnel is playing, which makes this a moot point. Dumpoffs, overthrows, interceptions for TDs, and handoffs don't win games. We only threw the ball deep TWICE from what I saw and one of them was from Randell El.

I understand the sentiment, I've been frustrated plenty of times by the lack of aggressive play - for me that is basically code for lack of passes over 7 yards downfield... but today the Skins took their shots down the field and still only scored 3 points so I don't think more aggressive play is the missing piece...

Today I was saying the same thing while sitting in the stands getting rained on. Then Brunell throws that perfect strike to Lloyd, therefore confusing the :pooh: out of me.

Saunders had a top 5 Offense the last 5 years, including #1 the last two. The man didn't suddenly forget how to call plays or run an Offense.

I think he's handicapped by Brunell's physical limitations. He has to call a very conservative gameplan because that's all his QB is able to give him.

Every week on defense I see minimal blitzes because we are scared of another teams weapons.

Every week on offense I see us blaming the other teams use of the cover 2 as our excuse not to go down field.

To me that is not dictating the game. Maybe if we just went out and played our game we would be ok.

We played cover 2 today and the Eagles still threw the ball downfield. They didnt say OH NO THE REDSKINS ARE PLAYING COVER 2. The said we dont care if you want to play cover 2 you still have to stop us.

Please coaches stop coaching scared and make the other team stop you.

They do look scared, like a deer in headlights.

Archived