Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coaching Thread

TK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Joe Gibbs is incredible and those of you who weren't around for his first tenure obviously don't have a clue

Why do you people even bother to say things like this? Should we want to lose indefinitely because Gibbs was successful 20 years ago???????? Accept mediocrity and it is all you'll get, genius.

Hey Joe, whatever you do, keep Mark in there. He gives us the best chance to continue to not put a TD on the board.

It's not effort today. It's coaching and quarterbacking. The playcalling/game plan has been ridiculous. The end of the first half coaching was embarassing. Brunell may be the worst QB in the league right now. Sure, sometimes the protection is not good. But he doesn't give plays a chance to develop. Doesn't step into throws and panics EVERY time another team even shows blitz. It's embarrasing that I have invested so much money in this team for tickets, merchandise, etc.

TJ Duckett is in. I'm sure that's the answer. What a joke.

Continued...3rd and 4 and Cooley gets a false start because No. 8 broke the friggin huddle with four on the play clock and Cooley mistakenly assumed that they would snap the ball with one on the clock. Third and nine they throw a three yard slant. I can't watch this crap anymore.

Brunell has got to go. I'll taike Todd Collins right now.

I don't care how anyone spins this........Mark's % of this or that is pretty good........our time of possession is good.........we rushed well

Bottom line is our offense and our team SUCKS, so I don't care who is doing what. Last time I checked, the only thing that mattered was whether you suck as a team or do not suck as a team. So no one is doing anything well. Shut it.

Guest Rafterman

It's painfully obvious too anyone who knows the game that Brunell is simply awful. If Clinton has a brain, and I'm sure he does, he'll sit out the rest of the year. There is no point in him risking a career ending injury for this B.S.

Am I seriously watching this great offensive plays crap that Al Saunders brought here?? I mean goodness, it starts off with the end of the first half, they had so many oppurtunities to get 7 and make the game 17-1o but for crying out loud why insist on running the ball on 3 and long?? Brunell isn't even getting that much pressure but yet he seems to drop back and pass and not even let any type of play develop, wtf, 3rd and 9 and he throws a quick slant to Lloyd for 2 yards..... this is sad :wtf:

Guest Rafterman
I don't think it has anythign to do with Joe Gibbs and the coaching staff. I was putting the blame on THE PLAYERS. Learn to read everyone. The players look like they quit back on the 4th play of pre-season when Clinton Portis was injured. They don't look like they took a serious snap since.

Joe Gibbs is incredible and those of you who weren't around for his first tenure obviously don't have a clue. Maybe you also forgot about last season.

Wake up.

Joe Gibbs is incredibily MEDIOCRE. In fact, he's below average.

Guest Rafterman
Gibbs has lost the team when he has not benched Brunell. They are running a offense suited to his talents.

You mean his lack of talents.

Guest Rafterman
You blame the players for not executing 2 yard pass plays, when all we do every other play is run? I don't know why teams just don't put 9 in the box. I've never seen a more lateral offense in my life.

Saunders is running plays that he knows Brunnell can handle. As you can see, Brunell can't handle much of anything.

Saunders is running plays that he knows Brunnell can handle. As you can see, Brunell can't handle much of anything.

That would make sense if Brunell hadn't thrown a 43 yarder to Lloyd right on the money. Brunell, when he goes down field, seems to do a pretty good job.

Brunell doesn't tell the receiver, "Hey, it's 3rd and 9, the actual playcall is for you to run a 10 yd. slant, but I want you to run a 2 yd slant because I can't throw the ball 10 yards." If the receiver does a 2 yd slant, it's because that was the play call.

ran we

Why is Stockton attributing motion before running a counter-trey over the left side to Saunders? This week things are starting to look more like a Gibbs O than a Saunders' O, which is a good thing.

(Great move by Betts just a second ago, btw.)

A good thing? 3 points is a good thing? No thanks, id rather score more than 3 points a game.

Archived