Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coaching Thread

TK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Rafterman
Do you miss Spurrier or Norv? Gibbs gave this joke of a franchise respect without him we're the Cardinals or Bengals!

I got news, we are a joke.

Cinci has a better record.

Gibbs was a great coach, was being the operative word.

He looks like a lost old man, it's sad to watch.

It has a lot too do with how Brunell checks down. Do you understand that a play developes from the QB's read? Perhaps it's because you haven't seen them live? I have, Brunell isn't a NFL quality QB. He's missing deep routes on nearly every pass play.

But on called plays like that slant, the idea is snap the ball, stand up, throw a quick pass to to the receiver running on the slant route. When plays like this are called, it has nothing to do with how good, mediocre, bad, or downright terrible Brunell is. Brunell isn't the Pro Bowl QB he once was. But he's not being helped out by terrible calls like this. It's not like he can go in the huddle on 3rd and 10 and say "All right guys. The play call is Portis right off-tackle, but we're gonna throw a play action skinny post instead." Al Saunders is single-handedly destroying the team each and every game with absolutely terrible playcalling.

It is not possible to judge ANY receiver, when the quarterback CANNOT get them the ball. For all of the Brunell supporters, you are in denial. And for all of the Brian Mitchell haters, you just hate the fact that he tells it exactly like it is without sugar coating it. And you cannot say that he has never played the game because he has.

I saw plays today that Brunell could have made with his feet, but was unable or unwilling to do so. I am sorry to say, but all of this falls at the feet of our beloved head coach. He has decided to stick with this guy, he selected this guy, and he just doesn't want to come to grips with the fact that Brunell just can't get it done!

It has a lot too do with how Brunell checks down. Do you understand that a play developes from the QB's read? Perhaps it's because you haven't seen them live? I have, Brunell isn't a NFL quality QB. He's missing deep routes on nearly every pass play.

Right on, right on, right on. Brunell is woried about getting his clock cleaned and rightfully so. The O line is too weak. Blitz Brunell and he'll dump it off or throw it away. If Brunell can't handle the heat he needs to get out of the kitchen.

Coaches don't play. Brunell is the offensive problem with this team, and I'm tired of Gibbs defending him each week. Looking outside the box Gibbs, it's what you have to do when you are a LOSER. That's right Joe, you are a loser for allowing Brunell to ruin you and this team. He is pitifull, doesn't even come close to the worst NFL quarterback in the league. 4 yards per pass??? That is so bad. The only way Gibbs regains my confidence is when he finally benches Brunell.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr, everything is wrong. We messed up are team chemistry man. Joe Gibbs should have been running the O Fence. We got rid of players we should not have. So much has screwed us. I dont know what to say but damn I can't wait till the season is over cause this is B.S. Hell Atleast we beat Dallas, so the season in completed for me.

There is absolutely NO reason to blame anything on Al Saunders. If you watched this atrocity of a game with your eyes open, then you noticed that many of the lame play-calls from the past two seasons were in full effect today. Pitiful.....absolutely pathetic. I guess this is what Gibbs installed in the game plan when they went down in that mythical submarine that Buges likes to talk about so much.

And for the love of all that is sane, please stop kidding yourselves about Brunell's ability. He's done.....like four seasons ago. Bench him.

I do not understand saunders and its really frustrating to watch some of these calls. These 3rd and 15s with trick reverses and pitches. I dont know how anyone can stand behind him and say that he called a good game today. I really dont understand it, some of those bad calls just seemed like common sense calls.

You can say its all because Brunell cant do it, but I dont think thats all of it. You can say it worked elsewhere so there is a problem here, but I dont think that is all of it either. These were horrible calls that just plain diddnt make sense.:2cents:

You guys (and Brian Mitchell) can blame Gregg Williams all you want, but the reality is that this piss-poor offense only scored 3 points. What team is going to win when its offense only puts up 3 points. The defense has to be demoralized to an extent out there on the field, knowing that with Brunell at the helm, all that they do is in vain.

Al Saunders calls plenty of down-the-field passes, but Brunell hardly EVER takes those options. Instead, he opts for the dump-offs and high-percent near-the-line-of scrimmage crap. Don't blame Al Saunders for this.

stop ****ing about the play calling...its the freaking QB play...you can call whatever you want..the ball is going to be within 5 yards on the LOS when passed....

what are you watching to to question the play calling??? BOONELL is horrible,

until we get a QB that can play...we will continue to lose!!!PERIOD

I will be in Tampa next week cheering for my skins, but you can bet I will be in the stands early and down near the sidelines..letting boonell hear my thoughts about his sorry ass

and if gibbs is there he will hear it too

You guys (and Brian Mitchell) can blame Gregg Williams all you want, but the reality is that this piss-poor offense only scored 3 points. What team is going to win when its offense only puts up 3 points. The defense has to be demoralized to an extent out there on the field, knowing that with Brunell at the helm, all that they do is in vain.

Al Saunders calls plenty of down-the-field passes, but Brunell hardly EVER takes those options. Instead, he opts for the dump-offs and high-percent near-the-line-of scrimmage crap. Don't blame Al Saunders for this.

yea yea this is what i expected...blame it all on brunell none of its saunders fault because of what he did in the past.

stop ****ing about the play calling...its the freaking QB play...you can call whatever you want..the ball is going to be within 5 yards on the LOS when passed....

what are you watching to to question the play calling??? BOONELL is horrible,

until we get a QB that can play...we will continue to lose!!!PERIOD

I will be in Tampa next week cheering for my skins, but you can bet I will be in the stands early and down near the sidelines..letting boonell hear my thoughts about his sorry ass

and if gibbs is there he will hear it too

ill "*****" about whatever I want thankyou. And I really hope cambell is the god all you brunell haters think he is. That he can make saunders calls work great. I want brunell out hes playing awful, but there is no damn way I can blame this all on him. go ahead keep the posts coming about how its all his fault....i expected this

I didn't say anything about what Saunders did in the past. The reality is that he regularly calls down-the-field plays, but Brunell opts, instead for the safe, high-percentage passes near the line of scrimmage. And how do I know? I have a relative who plays on this team, sir. The players are pissed, and probably 90% of them wanted to see Brunell benched after the first Dallas game. It's not Al Saunders.

And if you want to know more, let me tell you that many of the play calls you saw today were straight out the Gibbs playbook of the past two years. That's right - they were inserted into the gameplan during the mythical "submarine goes down" session that Buges likes to talk about. Saunders didn't want to call a zillion screen passes or stretch running plays against the Eagles defense because they're VERY effective on the edge and on the perimeter. He was overruled, however, by Jack Burns, Joe Bugel, Don Breaux and Joe Gibbs.

Saunders is not to blame here. Get Brunell out of there and see what can really be done, offensively.

Joe Gibbs is starting to look like a politican these days. You ask him a straight question, he gives you a twisted answer. What's up with that? What is he upto?

Oh well...

Hopefully next year there's some thing different will happen.

I hate to say this but maybe it is better if Gibbs leaves this offseason. The moves he has made as president has backfired and put this team in bad shape. We lose Portis and TJ still doesn't do anything.

As an old Brunell supporter, he was horrible today, and should have been pulled in the 3rd, this team has no chance to win and with us having not many picks and a D that can stop anyone it is going to get worse. We look liked a team that was not prepared today, and what has happend to this D?? Sean Taylor can not tackle anymore and everyone just looked bad.

This is a low point as a skins fan, a very low point.

Archived