Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coaching Thread

TK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

One thing that is important to know is that there are a ton of men who are 'successful' whose only skill is making others look like the ones to blame for things. They offer no real skills and do nothing themselves but wheedle and connive behind the scenes. That works in corporate worlds. It doesn't work on the gridiron or on battle fields. Snyder may be one of those types, wouldn't surprise me a bit. But that aside here are today's plays to think about.

You will notice consistent play calls that have no intention at success, in fact they seem specifically chosen to destroy the team's confidence. Another corporate warfare tactic. You will notice repeated check downs and incompletes that ruined us and fell way short of any real hopes of success. Both the plays called and the checkdowns have such low % chances of succeeding in those situations, it is conceding and welcoming defeat intentionally imo. I think the fans deserve to know why saunders and brunell are throwing games. Just a simple look at the % of chances of success of those plays and throws, compared to what wining teams choose to do, tells me they are intentionally playing ball to have a low % chance of success.

They both need to fired. I don't give Sh%% why they r doing it. Fact is they are doing it, and it is obviously on purpose due to it's repetitve and reliable nature. You don't play low % cahnce of success ball consistently by accident in the pros. If they worked for me they wouldn't have time to explain, cuz the door knob would be knockin a hole where the sun don't shine by the time they spoke. Here are the plays and choices, they speak for themselves, very loudly.

2-6-PHI47 (12:31) M.Brunell pass incomplete short right to B.Lloyd (T.Cole).

3-6-PHI47 (12:27) M.Brunell pass short left to L.Betts to PHI 45 for 2 yards (M.Lewis).

2-8-PHI27 (3:50) M.Brunell pass incomplete short right [D.Jones].

PENALTY on WAS-M.Brunell, Intentional Grounding, 10 yards, enforced at PHI 27.

3-18-PHI37 (3:46) M.Brunell pass incomplete short left to C.Cooley [M.Lewis].

3-1-WAS42 (2:29) M.Brunell pass short left to S.Moss ran ob at WAS 46 for 4 yards (M.Lewis).

1-10-WAS46 (2:02) L.Betts right end to PHI 48 for 6 yards (J.Thomas).

2-4-PHI48 (1:27) L.Betts up the middle to 50 for -2 yards (B.Dawkins).

3-6-50 (:44) L.Betts up the middle to PHI 41 for 9 yards (B.Dawkins).

1-10-PHI41 (:05) L.Betts up the middle to PHI 35 for 6 yards (J.Trotter).

Second Quarter

Washington Redskins continued...

2-4-PHI35 (15:00) L.Betts left end to PHI 34 for 1 yard (S.Barber; S.Considine).

3-3-PHI34 (14:24) L.Betts right tackle to PHI 35 for -1 yards (T.Cole; S.Considine).

1-10-WAS38 (10:38) PENALTY on WAS-D.Dockery, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at WAS 38 - No Play.

1-15-WAS33 (10:38) L.Betts left end to WAS 38 for 5 yards (J.Thomas).

2-10-WAS38 (10:00) L.Betts left end ran ob at WAS 43 for 5 yards (J.Trotter).

3-5-WAS43 (9:32) (Shotgun) M.Brunell pass incomplete short left to S.Moss (S.Barber).

1-10-PHI17 (6:12) L.Betts right end to PHI 15 for 2 yards (M.McCoy).

2-8-PHI15 (5:32) L.Betts left end to PHI 13 for 2 yards (M.Lewis).

3-6-PHI13 (4:58) (Shotgun) M.Brunell pass incomplete short left to S.Moss (R.Hood).

1-10-WAS24 (3:22) L.Betts up the middle to WAS 28 for 4 yards (J.Trotter).

PENALTY on WAS-D.Dockery, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at WAS 24 - No Play.

1-20-WAS14 (3:00) M.Brunell pass incomplete deep left to B.Lloyd.

2-20-WAS14 (2:56) L.Betts left end to WAS 17 for 3 yards (B.Dawkins).

3-17-WAS17 (2:49) (Shotgun)

PENALTY on WAS-R.Thomas, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at WAS 17 - No Play.

3-22-WAS12 (2:49) (Shotgun) L.Betts left end to WAS 20 for 8 yards (S.Barber).

3-5-WAS45 (1:29) M.Brunell pass short left to L.Betts to WAS 41 for -4 yards (S.Brown).

PENALTY on PHI-D.Walker, Face Mask (15 Yards), 15 yards, enforced at WAS 45 - No Play.

1-10-PHI40 (1:24) M.Brunell pass incomplete short left to B.Lloyd.

2-10-PHI40 (1:18) (Shotgun) M.Brunell pass incomplete short left to B.Lloyd (S.Barber).

3-10-PHI40 (1:12) L.Betts left end to PHI 37 for 3 yards (M.Lewis).

For once, I want to see saunders call a play for his receivers to go deep and leave brunell NO check downs. Please? Or is it because saunders know brunell can't throw those deep passes...

trust me its not saunders. its brunell.. if he can just escape the rush and make time by getting out of the pocket, im sure there are a few recievers very wide open downfield..

trust me its not saunders. its brunell.. if he can just escape the rush and make time by getting out of the pocket, im sure there are a few recievers very wide open downfield..

I agree with you on the point when a pass play is called, there are deep routes open consistently, so it is his poor choices etc.

However, that does not explain the handoffs in long yardage situations that are highschoolish ploys to 'fool' the d. That is Saunder's fault 100%. So both are at fault.

The play calling sux, and Brunell's play does too.

Who exactly is Gibbs coaching? Not the defense, not the offense. How many coaches do you see on the sidelines with no headset, no emotion, no ability to make a change at quarterback. Remember when Gibbs was the master at halftime adjustments? We would come out in the third quarter and smash our opponents. It seems like the Redskins are playing as individuals and not as a team - like they are not buying into the system.

As for the defense I believe letting linebackers leave via free agency (not Lavar) has shown an immediate impact on Williams scheme. Lamar Marshall and Warrick Holdman have been mediocre at best. Linebackers are what makes or breaks Williams defense. Look at the game films, Lemar and Warrick suck.

I will not judge Saunders and our offense until they start a quarterback that can run it.

This is what Saunders needs to do and we will see a much improved passing game (well, at least long pass attempts):

Let the running back stay and block instead of going out to the flat.

This will make Brunell at least attempt to get the ball to the TE and WRs and it gives Brunell more time to read the defense and throw the ball. But, really, does it matter now?

Archived