Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor run all the way if followed blocking?

MCnDaHouse

I was watching the replay of Taylor's return. Now I'm not complaining at all about the outcome, it was sweet. But the way it looked to me, he had a wall of blockers to the left of the field and instead of going that way he ran up the middle and got tackled.

Am I the only one who thinks he might have taken it to the house if he went left?

MC

The jedgement of a man sitting on a couch and that of a man who has been running all over a football field for 60 minutes are very different I tell ya. I know this because I played sports in the past. All that being said, however, if Sean had followed the blocking to the left he would have scored a touchdown.

WE STILL WON ANYWAY!!! :D

not so sure--yes there were guys in front of him to the left, but if you replay it enough you see that they didn't actually stick anyone, they were just running free. the dallas players to the left were still in the position to make the play

regardless, great play by sean, and kudos to the guys that hit the first few blocks to spring him (with no blocks in the back!)

Wow, I'm reading this and I'm thinking: What more could you ask for? I mean we got the miracle that every team dreams about:

1) A blocked punt that would have ended the game

2) Recoving the football and running it back

3) A facemask penalty as time runs out

4) In field goal range

5) A 47 yarder from a guy who just missed the 49 yarder!

As much as I would have loved ST to run that ball into the endzone, I refuse to look this gift horse in the mouth. Any other time, we'd all be telling ourselves, "It's possible, it is still possible". Only this time we got to live it! This game is in the top 5 of my entire life!

Do you think Sean knew there would be a penalty for the facemask and purposely ran it down the middle, and as close as possible, so Novak would have a chance? I know that's a stretch but whatever the thought process it worked.

Also WTEM got on him pretty good (minus Czabe) on not talking to the media. They feel after a play like that he should be a little more open to the media. Interesting but I could care less, even as a fan w/ his authentic jersey!

I was thinking the same exact thing but it was pandamonium....Taylor knew that he had to just keep moving and didnt stop and think about life and analyze his blocking setup or potential setup. He isnt a RB so his thoughts are to just GO!!! And that he did.

With the camera angle being right above the field i was getting dizzy with all the spinning and Taylor running in a circle...i had no idea what yardline he was on when all this was going on.

The jedgement of a man sitting on a couch and that of a man who has been running all over a football field for 60 minutes are very different I tell ya. I know this because I played sports in the past. All that being said, however, if Sean had followed the blocking to the left he would have scored a touchdown.

WE STILL WON ANYWAY!!! :D

Too true! By the end of tha game for some reason everything seems heavier, pads, helmet, and your face mask seems to close in on itself lol. Your sucking wind and I don't care what shape you are in. All athletes get winded by the end of the game.

But amazingly ST looked fresh! He had mad pep in his step, he just zigged when he should have zagged at the end there...

But thats like someone complaining about not getting leather interior on a free lamborghini they won in a contest.:rolleyes:

GC

In another light, it may help us the way it worked out cause it will give Novak more confidence.

MC

His redemption was a beautiful thing. Most kickers have to wait a game or weeks before they can redeem themselves from a miss like that. Nice to see that he was able to do it in just a couple minutes after the miss.

Did I read it wrong or did one of the captions on TV say that his longest FG to date was 40 yards. Beautiful way to kick your longest FG Novak, and sorry about calling for you to be canned when you missed the 49 yarder (emotions an all) ;)

Archived