Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is there anyone else who can't stand Michael Irvin?

grampi

Why do they even bother to ask him questions about the Crackboys when the guy picks them to win every week regardless of their opponent, and he never has anything crtical, or even constructive to say about the team? I thought anylists were supposed to be neutral? And when they asked him who he thought was more likely to return next year between Gibbs and Tuna, what did they think he was going to say? Did they all forget that Gibbs still has two years left on his contract after this season? They need to replace Irvin with someone objective. You don't see Theismann picking the Redskins to win every week, and not even when they had good teams.

He is the worst! Him and T.O are too much. He'll bash Randy Moss, but honor T.O. the man makes no sense! Who cares about who he picks. We shut him and his boy down. Tell his boy to wake up I think he dropped another one!

Lately Ive been getting sick of Troy Aikman and all his criticism of the Skins.. Ohh yeah dont forget his butt buddy Joe Buck too..

Even though it makes me feel kinda dirty to say it, I think Aikman is one of the better analysts. He does sometimes criticize the 'skins, but he tends to be pretty impartial about it. I can't stand Joe Buck though.

And to answer the original question: No one who's not a Dallas fan can stand Irvin. He's an idiot, and an obnoxious idiot at that.

Irvin is very biased. That is why I don't listen to him on Countdown and can't stand him. The only one I really listen to is Clayton, Mort, Young, and Dikta. Jaws knows plays and that's it. TJ has been getting on my nerves too. Also, why does he compare T.O. to Moss. If Moss had a QB who could get him the ball, Moss is 10X better than T.O. in my book.

Why do they even bother to ask him questions about the Crackboys when the guy picks them to win every week regardless of their opponent, and he never has anything crtical, or even constructive to say about the team? I thought anylists were supposed to be neutral? And when they asked him who he thought was more likely to return next year between Gibbs and Tuna, what did they think he was going to say? Did they all forget that Gibbs still has two years left on his contract after this season? They need to replace Irvin with someone objective. You don't see Theismann picking the Redskins to win every week, and not even when they had good teams.

he is just a comic relief for espn. and a regular cocaine user.

Jason Whitlock (AOL writer/formerly of ESPN) is no fan of Irvin:

http://sports.aol.com/whitlock/_a/irvin-officially-joins-ranks-of-the/20061102094009990001

"10. You knew it was only a matter of time before ESPN’s Michael Irvin would be ticketed for “bojangling.”

Come on, if Flavor Flav is “Mantan” from Spike Lee’s prophetic movie "Bamboozled," then you know The Pipemaker is “Eat-n-Sleep.”

Let’s call Irvin’s critique of Tiki Barber’s planned retirement a case of “When Bojanglers Attack.” All that was missing from Irvin’s routine was a top hat, cane and a pair of tap shoes.

The soft-shoe jig Irvin performed on Barber’s unblemished reputation had to be for laughs because not even Irvin’s “formerly” chemically impaired brain could believe what he was saying.

Tiki Barber and his end-of-the-season retirement are a distraction for the New York Giants? Tiki has sacrificed his ability to be a locker-room leader?

And the man offering this harsh criticism was the former landlord of the Dallas Cowboys’ “White House,” the man who smuggled topless models and crack pipes past Super 8 security guards?

Irvin wrote the book on locker-room distractions and excuse-making. Tiki is writing a book on leadership and how a professional athlete should conduct himself. He is the best and brightest that the NFL has to offer.

And Michael Irvin wants to criticize Tiki? What, did Terrell Owens give The Pipemaker the day off from foot massaging?"

Lets see...Irvin perpetuates the stereotype of the African-American athlete--in dress, speech, mannerisms and topics of conversation--but we endure it because it entertains us as a (predominately white) culture.

Yep, sounds like a derogatory moniker was well past due.

I only hope my kids learn to value being articulate, well-informed, respectfull of all others, while keeping one's identity intact (despite the "Uncle Tom" hate speech spewed by others who have a narrow perspective of how blacks "should" act).

Archived