Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Sound the alarm: T.O. sleeping in team meetings

bubba9497

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2648460

click link for full article

Sound the alarm: T.O. sleeping in team meetings

ESPN.com news services

Terrell Owens may not be catching a lot of footballs, but he seems to be catching plenty of Z's -- in team meetings, most recently on Thursday.

"I don't know what it is," Owens told the Dallas Morning News after Thursday's practice. "I've never been diagnosed with it. It's nothing new for me to fall asleep in a meeting. It goes back to my rookie year in San Francisco. My receivers coach [George Stewart] knew I would fall asleep. He thought I was staying up late, and sometimes I did. When I did get to bed early, I would still get to meetings and fall asleep, and it's the same thing here."

Owens said he'd told the Cowboys before he signed with the team that he had a sleeping problem.

The reason? The standout wide receiver said he's not staying up late. But Owens added that once he processes the game plan, the meetings and film work become redundant. And in a dimly lit room, Owens can doze off in a hurry.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said takes the news in stride.

"Those are personal health issues, and we all have them in varying ways. I don't say that as though it's something that's irritating at all," Jones said.

Passing game coordinator Todd Haley isn't so sympathetic, Owens said.

pretty funny. every time TO farts, its national news.:rolleyes:

TO's farting didn't make the national news. The fact that he sleeps during meetings made the news. :rolleyes:

I highly doubt that TO has some kind of sleeping disorder because he would have been diagnosed by now. He gets bored because the attention isn't on him so, he has nothing better to do than catch some Z's.

When you act like a side-show freak you get treated like one.

And your sig is awesome! You might want to fix that link. :rolleyes:

I can't defend him on this one. Although it is pretty tough to stay awake during film sessions once they turn the lights out, I definitely remember catching a few zzz's during HS film sessions.

No excuse though. Come on TO....redbull man......redbull.

Nothing for Cowboys fans to worry about. John Riggins did the same thing, and worse - it didn't stop him from being ready to play on Sunday.

What Cowboys fans should worry about is T.O.'s propensity for throwing his teammates under the bus to the national media.

At least when he's asleep, he's not talking.

Nothing for Cowboys fans to worry about. John Riggins did the same thing, and worse - it didn't stop him from being ready to play on Sunday.

What Cowboys fans should worry about is T.O.'s propensity for throwing his teammates under the bus to the national media.

At least when he's asleep, he's not talking.

No way. Riggins may have showed up drunk/hungover. But he never, ever slept on the team.

TO is literally scared of sean taylor. It's so obvious, he doesnt want to catch the ball when ST is around. Watch him run for the sideline tomorrow

unfortanutly, I think ST will get at least 1 personal foul against T.O. tommorow(probably a late hit). It's just his nature. And since we're going up against T.O., it's bound to happen

No way. Riggins may have showed up drunk/hungover. But he never, ever slept on the team.

Of course he did.

You should try to find that article that had all the Hogs reminiscing about the glory days; I'm almost certain that's where I read it.

Or better yet, call Riggins on his radio show and ask him.

Archived