Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

EDIT: 2,001 Post Odyssey (Thanks Loxley)*** Appreciation thread (yeah! I missed by 1)

Monkart

I'd like to thank the Founders, Mods and the other members for a great place to hangout, read and chat to other Redskin fans. I've been coming here for approx. 1-1/2 years now and my only regret is I didn't find it sooner. I've never been on any message boards or anything like it before ES, I've learned many things on many different subjects and appreciate all of it. You can find help on here, on just about any subject or problem you could imagine, by just asking or reading responses to other members questions. My wife beat a careless driving ticket after bumping a bicyclist (fractured toe) who came out from behind some tall bushs traveling in the wrong direction, thanks to the advise of a Lawyer who is a Redskin fan on this board. :applause:

To me, this place IS a community, that for me has had many benefits, access to more information on the Redskins than anywhere Ive been to on the web, the interviews with players, coachs, and FO, the password for the Bucs season ticket holders :D , that allowed me to see the Redskins WIN a playoff game down here in Tampa.

Like diesel22 ( who did his Post 2000-Apprecation thread about 2 weeks ago, hope you don't mind my variation on your title :fingersx: ) I don't, and never have lived in the DC area, but unlike diesel22, I am not alone down here in Tampa when it comes to being a Redskin fan. A friend of mine I've known since high school in New Jersey and his wife moved down here about 7 years ago, and I've met many Skins fans at work in the 17 years I have been here.

I've had the privilege to help organize 2 Tampa tailgates last year with redskin56, where we had the good fortune to meet many other local ES/Skins fans like DeanCollins, Rypien91, PortisClinton (who I use to work with), NOVA2Tampa, GibbsIsourSavior (owner of Mulligan's Sports bar) and some others I can't think of right now (SORRY), as well as a lot of others from the DC area and states (other than Florida) that made it down for the Playoff game. :cheers:

Some of us Tampa locals just recently met at Mulligan's sports bar in St Pete on 10/15 (The Titans game), to start planning our 3rd Tampa tailgate :excited: on 11/19/06 (All within 1year-6 days, 11/13/05, 1/7/06 and now 11/19/06). So as you can see, I have a lot to be thankful to ES for!! I hope this didn't come off as self indulgent, because it certainly wasn't meant to be. Thanks again for all the fun. :cheers:

HTTR

Kevin

(i have had other aliases so i've been here about a year)

OK :rolleyes:

congrats on 2001, Monk.

Thanks

Great post, it is amazing what you can learn in here.

Thanks, it is amazing. One thing I've learned and I'm trying to remember before I post, is the typed word can be interpreted much differently than the spoken word. Especially when trying to be humorous to people you never met, or more importantly never met you.

HTTR

The reversal of fortune starts 11/5. :fingersx:

You are the Man, I mean fan. Congrats on 2K.

Clearwater is the place! The wife and I had a great time there on vacation several years ago (except for that damn pirate ship that kept patroling the coast... I guess it lost its way from Tampa).

Yes, It's a great place to come to, especially during the winter months. That is as long as you don't hit one of our cold weeks. (we get about 4, not always in a row) :cheers:

i love u guys (i have had other aliases so i've been here about a year)

Everyone say goodbye to blackchucknorris AKA TheDirtbags.

1. Each visitor may own a single registered account.

The ExtremeSkins staff screens and approves all new accounts. Duplicate accounts are prohibited, and the staff employs security measures to enforce this policy. Duplicate accounts will immediately closed (i.e., banned). Do not create additional registered accounts to bypass an issued ban; absent compelling circumstances, any attempt to circumvent a ban by registering a secondary account will result in a permanent banishment of all related accounts.

Aw man. Well. I guess someone had to do it. :laugh:

I like it. :laugh:

2001 a Post Odyssey?

SIR Lord Laughs of Loxley

I liked it so much I added it to the Title. (hope you don't mind).

Od-ys-sey  [od-uh-see]

–noun, plural -seys for 2.

1. (italics) an epic poem attributed to "A" Homer, :D describing Odysseus's adventures in his ten-year attempt to return home to Ithaca after the Trojan War.

2. (often lowercase) a long series of wanderings or adventures, esp. when filled with notable experiences, hardships, etc

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Odyssey

I only added the "A" & grin to def. #1

Archived