Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roy Williams is DIRTY!!!

MoochieDC_86

Neither were a horse collar.

The first one had a chance to be, but the rules state that the player has to be drug down immediately. The second one he only had Barber's jersey.

Even Barber wasn't upset about it and outside of Shockey, neither were the rest of the Giants. Why? Because they know the rule.

YAKUZA

Neither were a horse collar.

The first one had a chance to be, but the rules state that the player has to be drug down immediately. The second one he only had Barber's jersey.

Even Barber wasn't upset about it and outside of Shockey, neither were the rest of the Giants. Why? Because they know the rule.

YAKUZA

You're right about the dragging down immediately part, but wrong about the jersey part. The back of the jersey is now illegal as well.

Yeah, even after he took out the back judge they still refused to call him for several of those shoulder pad drag downs. I love how the tv guys always remind us that the rule was created because of him, but they never actually call him for it. I did enjoy Roy gettin' burned all night, but you would think they would have called him for one of the many time he did it.

Yeah, even after he took out the back judge they still refused to call him for several of those shoulder pad drag downs. I love how the tv guys always remind us that the rule was created because of him, but they never actually call him for it. I did enjoy Roy gettin' burned all night, but you would think they would have called him for one of the many time he did it.

they made the rule for him because he always gets burned

Roy had 4 passes thrown his way that were his responsibility. He gave up 1 catch for 13 yards (Shockey TD). Even on that play, ILB Bradie James didn't do him any favors. James had short zone coverage. James left his zone to go after Toomer (I think it was him) who cut into the short zone, then deeked out. James should've never left his zone since Toomer was already covered by Newman. That left Manning a lane to throw the pass to Shockey.

So outside of giving up a 13 yard pass and getting tackled by a ref on a pass that wasn't his responsibility, he was hardly getting burned all night by any stretch.

YAKUZA

Roy had 4 passes thrown his way that were his responsibility. He gave up 1 catch for 13 yards (Shockey TD). Even on that play, ILB Bradie James didn't do him any favors. James had short zone coverage. James left his zone to go after Toomer (I think it was him) who cut into the short zone, then deeked out. James should've never left his zone since Toomer was already covered by Newman. That left Manning a lane to throw the pass to Shockey.

So outside of giving up a 13 yard pass and getting tackled by a ref on a pass that wasn't his responsibility, he was hardly getting burned all night by any stretch.

YAKUZA

As usual, you are always one of the most educated posters this board has ever seen, but for the life of me, I have to ask why you even bother. All your research, all the time you spend documenting facts and trying to educate people, will be cast away like yesterdays garbage on here, because its much easier to ignore it so someone can say........."Roy got burned".

As usual, you are always one of the most educated posters this board has ever seen, but for the life of me, I have to ask why you even bother. All your research, all the time you spend documenting facts and trying to educate people, will be cast away like yesterdays garbage on here, because its much easier to ignore it so someone can say........."Roy got burned".

:laugh: the funny part is, Roy gets burned repeatedly, and all the defense of him just makes it even funnier

go ahead sugar coat it, spin it, deny it..... doesn't change the facts

The main part of the rule is the leg swing, I thought.

Grab the collar, drag down, fine, but swing those legs out in front of you and it becomes a horse collar, right?

Now, I could have sworn I saw him do that on the tackle on Barber, who I'm sure didn't mind (or notice) because he managed to drag him for a few yards after an already decent gain.

~Bang

Dude...Roy Williams sucks...he's a liability to your team...

:laugh: the funny part is, Roy gets burned repeatedly, and all the defense of him just makes it even funnier

go ahead sugar coat it, spin it, deny it..... doesn't change the facts

As usual, no substantiative, factual discussion to dispute Rich's post. Just more of the same "he got burned all game every game" talk. Pretty sad.. :laugh: :laugh:

Roy Williams is a great run stopper and average - at best - in coverage. With that said he and Sean Taylor are one in the same except for the horsecollar thing. Sean Taylor gets burned just as often as Roy Williams. I just can't see the roasting of Roy Williams on anything other than the horse collar thing because like it or not Roy and Sean are the same player.

Roy Williams is a great run stopper and average - at best - in coverage. With that said he and Sean Taylor are one in the same except for the horsecollar thing. Sean Taylor gets burned just as often as Roy Williams. I just can't see the roasting of Roy Williams on anything other than the horse collar thing because like it or not Roy and Sean are the same player.

Both sound like rich man's Gibril Wilsons and Will Dempses, lol. :laugh: BTW, I think that Sean Taylor from what I've seen is a better ball hawk, but you guys have seen more of him than me.

Both sound like rich man's Gibril Wilsons and Will Dempses, lol. :laugh: BTW, I think that Sean Taylor from what I've seen is a better ball hawk, but you guys have seen more of him than me.

He may be marginally better, but the young mistakes Taylor makes makes them one in the same.

Archived