Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Play in CFL or Sit Bench in NFL

prophet

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Tough choice, but if I'm going to be a perennial 2nd/3rd string guy, why not save my body for life after football? No sense destroying it in a league this country doesn't care about. Of course, you didn't include endorsement deals in Canada. Being a starter in the CFL could ultimately prove more lucrative if you're seeing a lot of game time.

I dunno man,

You take someone like troy davis or robert edwards. They'd be 2nd or 3rd stringers hardly seeing the field in the NFL, but in the CFL both are stars.

Or a Damon Allen... a great CFL lifer, but could he have made it in the NFL?

I know Ricky Ray tried out for some team last year, but went back to the CFL. He is there best QB. Passing & Running.

What about this guy would he be a warrick dunn type in the NFL. He is the best rb in the CFL. http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=roster&func=display&ros_id=187

I'll take the bench in the NFL.

Tough choice - because I'm sure most athletes want to play and not ride the pine, but to be able to say I made an NFL roster would be a huge highlight in my life.....

Not to mention - front row seats to every a NFL game everyweek, the luxury of NFL travel/hotels/locker rooms, I'm sure the groupie leftovers in the NFL are hotter than the first string groupies of the CFL. :2cents:

http://www.darrenbarefoot.com/archives/2005/11/how-much-do-cfl-players-make.html

Minimum salaries in the CFL this year are $30,000 for rookies and $32,000 for veterans. The minimum increases to $35,000 next year as a result of the CFL’s new Collective Bargaining Agreement. The average CFL salary is about $45,000 Canadian.

Starters, excluding quarterbacks, can command anywhere between $60,000 and $120,000, depending on their position. Quarterbacks are generally the highest-paid players, making between $150,000 and $300,000.

The effect of low salaries donned [sic] on me while I was interviewing Edmonton kicker Sean Fleming during practice at Commonwealth Stadium Wednesday. “I work full-time year-round at Price Waterhouse Coopers. I’ve done that for a year and a half. Before that, I was an investment advisor with National Bank Financial. So basically I’ve got one full-time job and this is my part-time job,” he said…

Before joining the CFL, Edmonton quarterback Ricky Ray was delivering Frito Lay potato chips for $43,000 U.S. a year - more than he’s made in Edmonton this year.

http://www.darrenbarefoot.com/archives/2005/11/how-much-do-cfl-players-make.html

Minimum salaries in the CFL this year are $30,000 for rookies and $32,000 for veterans. The minimum increases to $35,000 next year as a result of the CFL’s new Collective Bargaining Agreement. The average CFL salary is about $45,000 Canadian.

Starters, excluding quarterbacks, can command anywhere between $60,000 and $120,000, depending on their position. Quarterbacks are generally the highest-paid players, making between $150,000 and $300,000.

The effect of low salaries donned [sic] on me while I was interviewing Edmonton kicker Sean Fleming during practice at Commonwealth Stadium Wednesday. “I work full-time year-round at Price Waterhouse Coopers. I’ve done that for a year and a half. Before that, I was an investment advisor with National Bank Financial. So basically I’ve got one full-time job and this is my part-time job,” he said…

Before joining the CFL, Edmonton quarterback Ricky Ray was delivering Frito Lay potato chips for $43,000 U.S. a year - more than he’s made in Edmonton this year.

I am from Edmonton and from what I understand Ricky Ray makes about 400, 000 a year, as well Dave Dickenson and Anthony Calvillo make close to a million. That being said you have to be a star in the league for years to realize that pay day.

the NFL. You may never start or see even 33% of the plays, but you may come out on spot duty. I guess if you are saying you will "ALWAYS" be inactive, that is different. Even still, injuries will occur, and if you are always made inactive, you wouldn't be riding the bench for long, even within the season you'll be cut.

So to me, chances are you will at least see duty on special teams, and in that case, your name can still go down in lights when you bust the wedge and make a great tackle on MNF or something.

Plus the minimum salaries are higher.

Archived