Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell is a 1st round bust!!!!

MCruz1984

I can't for the life of me understand why so many of you blame MB for our problems and why so many of you are stuck up JC's ass...Give me a break!!! He did nothing impressive in the preseason and he will end up probably sitting for a third year...Why in the hell do you people idolize that man??? He is but another backup in the NFL...You people seem to think he is better than Marino...

im sure people here know that once JC is named the starter , its not afree ride to the SB , its just realizing the season is over , and MB isnt getting it done , so we need to groom our future QB , we are losing anyway so we may as well lose and get JC some time that way he will be ready next year , unless you want MB in there next year as well ......we are 2-5 with a gruesome schedule , no way are we going anywhere with MB and this defense , so why not get the kid some time so we get SOMETHING productive done this year

I really haven't seen the man play or practice all that much, so I don't really have an opinion on whether he's ready to start or not,but I would like to ask the thread starter what, besides that which has been stated, he bases his "first round bust" judgement on. Need a little more there.

They used their first round pick on him, but he's yet to play. Now I know that rookies need time to learn the system, especially when they have to learn so many new offensive systems (in Jason's situation), but I feel that if the Redskins felt that JC would be the salvation for the team, then he would have played sooner. If JC really is "the future"? Then why isn't he playing now?

All i'm saying is that we've had experience with other "1st rds" QBs, that have ended up not working out. I'll bring up Patrick Ramsey. He was supposedly "the future" of the Redskins, but through horrible blocking schemes, and many changes in the offense, he ended up just being a bust.

Can't you see the similarities between JC and PR? I mean Patrick was actually playing, but he had the same misfortunes: Changes in the offense, and then the fact that he was brought in to be "The Future", only to be eventually traded away to become another backup for another team...

To be fair, we haven't really seen him play yet. From what I've seen in the preseason alone I wasn't impressed with him.

I'm hoping that they wait to develop Campbell in the first two years like Herman did with Chad Pennington and Marty did with Phillip Rivers. I'm not against giving him NFL time when the season is lost or when we are blowing out a team.

Bust is a bit premature. :)

There is no comparison's between Ramsey and Campbell.

-Ramsey was recruited by Tulane while Campbell was one of the best high school QB's in America and signed with a national powerhouse.

-Campbell has won big games on big stages while Ramsey struggled on a below average Conference USA team.

-Campbell has athleticism

The only thing seperating the two is an opportunity.

The only similarities that you listed are that they were both coined "The Future" and they were taken in the first round. Don't you think that's a little cynical to make those comparisons just based on that?

I watched Campbell play his entire career at Auburn. At first he made mistakes and had to rely on his athleticism to get him out of trouble, but by the end of his second year you could tell he was a beast. I think he needs to play at least a season, maybe even a half season before you can even label him as "not the future" let alone a bust.

Brett Favre threw 24 INTs to 19 TDs in his Second year of significant Playing time/first year as a starter. I don't think he turned out to be a bust. Again, he has to take a snap before real judgement can be taken.

I can't for the life of me understand why so many of you blame MB for our problems and why so many of you are stuck up JC's ass...Give me a break!!! He did nothing impressive in the preseason and he will end up probably sitting for a third year...Why in the hell do you people idolize that man??? He is but another backup in the NFL...You people seem to think he is better than Marino...

I like the way you think!.... This is what we all should be saying. Seriously think about it. If everyone keeps saying how bad he is just maybe the coaches will feel obligated to prove everyone wrong? Way to go MCruz1984!!! I with ya. :cheers:

Patrick got on the field, not consistantly, but he did get on the field. Right now, with his present time spent on the Jets, we're heading into 1st round, not so good pick category. We may not have seen Jason on the field yet, but that's not enough to call him a bust imho. If comparing the two, it would be a good idea to compare their time on the playing field as well.

Obviously you haven't lived long enough or done you homework on the history of Gibbs and his QB's. Just so you know, don't be surprized when Joe drafts another QB next draft (somewhere in the mid rounds). And it won't mean squat about how he feels about JC.

There is absolutely no way this thread should even exist.

I know tensions are high with many people arguing both sides of the Qb debate, but this is rediculous. Until he gets substantial playing time in the NFL there is no way to know what Jason Campbell is.

Archived