Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If the offensive line would give Brunell some time.

nicety65

you guys would see a very different game from this man.If you put the best QB in the NFL in this offense you would not see any more points than you do now. I have seen the opponents defensive line almost take the hand off from Brunell before the backs:wtf:

You couldn't be more wrong. Its all brunell, i mean how many qbs take a 3,5,7

step drop then DRIFT to his left putting all the presure on Chris Samuels.

So tell me, how many times have you seen brunell step up in the pocket this season and make big time throws, not many.

brunell will take his drop back instead of stepping up in the pocket he DRIFT to his left BOOM that d-end who Chris Samuels would had push out the play

brunell invites him back in, then Chris get blame for the break down.

Trust me just look when he drops back

I have seen the man throw the ball away with no pressure and WR running wide open. I don't think the problem is the Line and I don't think it is his arm. I think the problem is his trust in this system, vision and courage. He is more worried about losing his job over mistakes than over not executing.

I have seen the man throw the ball away with no pressure and WR running wide open. I don't think the problem is the Line and I don't think it is his arm. I think the problem is his trust in this system, vision and courage. He is more worried about losing his job over mistakes than over not executing.

now this makes a little more sense but I don't see how people can blame the Oline for his inability to throw the ball.

you guys would see a very different game from this man.If you put the best QB in the NFL in this offense you would not see any more points than you do now. I have seen the opponents defensive line almost take the hand off from Brunell before the backs:wtf:

This is most certainly one of our problems.

Two things: The O-line is inconsistent and doesn't give him enough time to throw although he seems to need a boat-load of time to make any pass longer than 10 yards and also, Brunell needs to step up and create some more time himself.

He could also stand to scramble every once in a while. If he gets hurt, so what?

I think the problem is his trust in this system, vision and courage. He is more worried about losing his job over mistakes than over not executing.

That really makes sense. He realizes that if he makes mistakes then he will get benched in favor of Campbell and once that happens there is no him starting again. So instead he choses the damn safest throws instead of taking shots down field and down the middle. And until he starts making mistakes that actaully show up in the stats like ints instead of missing open wrs than GIbbs is gonna frickin stick with Brunell until this season is done and there is no hope.

I have watched many of the redskins games repeatedly on DVR replay. Our offensive line on 90% of pass plays gives mark the time and space he needs to make throws, guess what he almost never makes them. His vision is bad, his reactions slow, his movement in the pocket cumbersome. No offensive line can hold up a good dline and blitzes for long, they have held up more then their share of weight. Everyone gets beat sometime the QB has got to make the plays and the throws.

he will have more time to get things done yea, but any qb in there will have no more points? no way. look at whats going on in dallas right now. There O line sucks, and bledsoe is suffering. Now I dont think Romo sits to pee can pass much better, but he can escape the pocket and get things done. Some qbs can help a weak o line out by there mobility in and out of the pocket. I dont blame brunell for everything, but just like in dallas, a more mobile qb will make more plays.

It seems to me that alot of younger qbs are more mobile in and out of the pocket but dont have the vision, while the veteran qbs have more vision and therefor stay in the pocket longer to try and make a big play

---the fans on this message board can be sickening. stop making excuses!!

I have watched many of the redskins games repeatedly on DVR replay. Our offensive line on 90% of pass plays gives mark the time and space he needs to make throws, guess what he almost never makes them. His vision is bad, his reactions slow, his movement in the pocket cumbersome. No offensive line can hold up a good dline and blitzes for long, they have held up more then their share of weight. Everyone gets beat sometime the QB has got to make the plays and the throws.

i agree 101%. the line gives MB time. but why in the hell can gibbs see that brunell doesn't have it anymore? it's hard cheering for this team when things are so obvious. and gibbs do make mistakes, he did it in 2004.

You guys are dead on with the boonell assessment. The "lovers of m.b." claim its the play calling! LMAO Anyone think saunders and his 700 pages dont include passes to coooooley or lloyd? Hey boonell...throw to these guys and i bet moss want be quadruple covered.

wow what a excuse.. a million times better than brunell.. peyton manning like any qb wont be as great under pressure.. but hes still the best or 2nd best qb in the league

Have you ever watched a game when Peyton gets pressured??? How about the Steelers playoff game last year. Peyton is average at best under pressure, and he even through his line under the bus for that performance after the game.

The orginal post is absolutely correct. If the line was doing their job, Brunell could do his. Why do you think so many short passes and screens are called?? Because Saunders knows that the line cannot hold up. The few times it has, Brunell has gotten the ball down field. Hell, the line cannot even help Portis get out of the backfield unless he is running e-w.

Have you ever watched a game when Peyton gets pressured??? How about the Steelers playoff game last year. Peyton is average at best under pressure, and he even through his line under the bus for that performance after the game.

The orginal post is absolutely correct. If the line was doing their job, Brunell could do his. Why do you think so many short passes and screens are called?? Because Saunders knows that the line cannot hold up. The few times it has, Brunell has gotten the ball down field. Hell, the line cannot even help Portis get out of the backfield unless he is running e-w.

the line is playing bad and so is brunell, and thats it for me. tired of talking about it...

Yep, me too. I'm not sure what games some of you are watching, but more times than not, Brunell has PLENTY of time to throw the ball. He spends like 2 seconds just dropping back 10 or 15 yards. Granted, there are times that the defense is in the backfield as soon as the ball is snapped, but some of you act like that happens all the time, and it doesn't. The tape don't lie, people. :doh:

Finally someone sees the big picture! You can't have the offensive line throwing off the timing of the entire offense with their lack of pass protection AND run blocking. They have been the most in-consistent unit out there!!!! They are a group of high paid veterans that need to get it in gear!!!!!!!!!!!

:applause:

Finally someone sees the big picture! You can't have the offensive line throwing off the timing of the entire offense with their lack of pass protection AND run blocking. They have been the most in-consistent unit out there!!!! They are a group of high paid veterans that need to get it in gear!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Rule #3. Spam is strictly prohibited. Spam includes:

Very short posts that do not add value to the topic. Example: posts with only the words, "i dunno," or "lol cool," can be considered spam. If that is the only contribution you make to the discussion, this is not the place for you.

Forum Rule #3. Spam is strictly prohibited. Spam includes:

Very short posts that do not add value to the topic. Example: posts with only the words, "i dunno," or "lol cool," can be considered spam. If that is the only contribution you make to the discussion, this is not the place for you.

never mind.

Archived